• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Horrible Glitch!

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Okay, well most of you may of known this already but for those of you that don't...

I will try and not reveal any spoilers while typing this. After you complete the Temple of Time and during you are getting ready to go to City in the Sky, you come across this room with a huge, rusty canon. There is this guy there with you and basically you have to move the canon to somewhere but you can't because of the guy, so you basically talk to him and he will leave and you will be able to move the canon

DO NOT SAVE AND RESET THE GAME IN THE ROOM!

Why? Because when you restart the game, you don't see the guy. You assume that he is gone a talk to Midna to teleport the canon but she says he is still there. You try to leave the room but the guy says "Where are you going?" and you can't leave the room. So basically you are stuck. Try everything like suicide yourself with bombs etc. but it will not work.

You have basically screwed the whole game. And the worst part is, that it is so late in this game and now you have to make a new file.

So just a warning to everyone! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This glitch is pretty well known.
It only works on early copys of Twilight Princess.

It does not work on newer versions of the game.
It also does not work on the GameCube Version of TP.

It's pretty bad that Nintendo did not notice this glitch back when the game was in development.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
This glitch is pretty well known.
It only works on early copys of Twilight Princess.

It does not work on newer versions of the game.
It also does not work on the GameCube Version of TP.

It's pretty bad that Nintendo did not notice this glitch back when the game was in development.
Yeah but maybe some don't know it yet.

Did they fix it? Oh well that is good but you never know, a new player could have an old game for all you know! :lol:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
They fixed it, and, if your game happens to have that problem, send it to Nintendo and they'll replace it with a new one.
MP2(at least the cube version) had a similar problem, yet, they never offered replacement copies, however, they offered a 59 blocks memory card with a save 100% completed up to the place where the glitch happened

Hmm. I did this once... I bought the game when it first came out so that must be why it happened. I stopped playing for awhile, because I could not do anything, and I did not want to start over, I turned the game on about a month later thinking I will play again, and it worked, so the glitch fixed it's self on mine. Don't ask me how. But I was super happy that I did not have to start over, and do everything again.

I have never done this, but ive seen a video on youtube on this. I tell you, it would realy suck for someone who is brand new to the game, and gets tired of playing, so he saves it...and he just so happens to be at this ponit. Just think of the reaction when he cant do anything next time he turns it on. He's most likely going to not like it anymore since he almost beat it, but it glitched on him.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
that is exactly what i did with my first TP file!!! i got tired of playing when i reached this area... saved the game to my ever lasting shame and found out the worst had happened. GAME FILE DESTROYED!

I didn't know that you could tell nintendo what had happened and receive a new mem card with a 100% save file up to that point. no i just plowed back there and made a point to never do that again.

Also there is other places where this glitch can be replicated
1. inside the boulders blocking the path to Hyrule Castle from the first Hyrule Field that you can access, you get inside through cd streaming with epona and it triggers the loading point for the field just south of castle town, once there you are still inside the boulders but can see though the castle town side. There is no way out of this area, no loading point to get back to the first field and if you save there you will wreck your game file.
2. also if you dont have bombs before you head across Eldin bridge and save once the middle of the bridge is taken out you may have just wrecked another file.

HAVE FUN ZELDA FANS!

It's pretty alarming that this game has a couple of glitchs that can force you to start your game over again.
Twilight Princess was in development for a long time, you would think that they would find these glitchs when they were testing it.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
It's pretty alarming that this game has a couple of glitchs that can force you to start your game over again.
Twilight Princess was in development for a long time, you would think that they would find these glitchs when they were testing it.
Yeah, for being in development for that long, you would expect that there will be only very minor glitches in the game!

Well hopefully they triple check everywhere in the new Zelda and also try and save in every possible room before they release it! :P

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
well in all honesty glitches aren't always a bad thing. i mean as long as it doesn't negatively affect your save file, like the above glitches.

so i'm gunna have to disagree with you statement alex, I would rather they don't test it to be "glitch proof". it would take way more time in development, way more work for the zelda team, set backs in the deadline, tons more research. basically a pain in the *** for everyone = less fun for gamers who want to plumb the depths of Zelda

but ya these ones we are talking about stink and i hope developers eliminate this problem for future games.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
This happened to my game as well. I got it the very first day it came out, so it was one of the original copies. It sucked, because I ended up deleting the file and starting over. I didn't know Nintendo was offering memory cards with files up to that state. -.-

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I wonder why this is if you do not see him then perhaps he is in the room but some place not normal like on top of the cannon. This is just a thought but if it is true it will save you a lot of trouble.
Of course if I am wrong then you have to go through the entire game again to try to save the Triforce:triforce:.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Yes, this happened to my friend who became completly obsessed with this game. I wasn't there when he found out but at school the next day he told me about it and when I say he was pissed, he was PISSED. Even to this day, whenever I go to his house to play the game, the file is still there. He never found it in himself to delete it. I found that kind of sad...

2. also if you dont have bombs before you head across Eldin bridge and save once the middle of the bridge is taken out you may have just wrecked another file.

This actually happened to me! Recently too! I was playing Tp after I beat it the first time and didn't think anything of it when I saved there. Who does? When you save a file, you think you will just pick up where you left off the next time you play. Was I wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom