• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Hmm... Has This Happened to Anyone Else?

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
I just finished OoT on the 64 for the umpteenth time, and something rather strange happened...

I'm sure most of us know that after the credits, Link puts the Master Sword back into the Pedestal of Time, and Navi takes off. Then of course, the scene of Link first meeting Zelda is partially replayed, then stops, and the screen reads "The End". Well, after just letting it sit there for a few minutes, all of the sudden, my Scarecrow's Song starts playing! Then, immediately after, the song I played for Pierre while I was a child is played. I kept the game on for a few minutes after that, to see if anything else happened, and no, nothing did.

So yeah, did I stumble on something cool, or is this common knowledge?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That happened to me before as well! But I thought that was some kind of glitch so I didn't care for it. Glad to know others have had that happen to them! :D

I didn't know that either. I guess that is because I usually don't make a scarecrow song when I play OoT. XD

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
i knew that. but was only because I didn't want the game to be over so i left the end screen up for a while while saying "nooo... it can't be over!" lol

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
This problem has been brought up before. Some say it is a hoax, but a lot of people say they were able to get it. I've never heard in my playthroughs, but rumor has it that it occurs when you beat the game without any deaths on the save file, but it does not work on MQ.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
Well, I didn't record it, but I can promise that it's not a hoax. And I didn't die, of course, because I wasn't playing a 3 heart run :)

Also, I was playing on the N64, on a gray cart, I have the original Fire Temple music, and Ganondorf spits out red blood when he is defeated (not green).

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm, I haven't noticed this before to be honest, I mean I should because my Scarecrow song is just one big mess of a tune so it should have stuck out but oh well, maybe I'll look out for it next time.

ILU

i luv u
Yes. I'm actually really surprised that previous posters didn't know about this. I was sure that this easter egg was as well-known as the Mario portraits in Hyrule Castle.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
Hmm, I haven't noticed this before to be honest, I mean I should because my Scarecrow song is just one big mess of a tune so it should have stuck out but oh well, maybe I'll look out for it next time.

If/when it happens, you wont be able to miss it. The "The End" screen is completely silent, and then the song comes in, played by an Ocarina of course, but the screen remains still. Just make sure you don't mute your TV, ha.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Yup. I've had that happen. The first time I beat the game, I kept hoping in vain that I could keep playing afterword and just kept pressing random buttons. The song played but nothing else happened. I don't think it's triggered by not dying, I die billions of times when playing that game because I have no skill... so yeah. I'm not sure what triggers it, but I've had it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom