• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hero's Sword?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I was just thinking about this. When Link draws the Master Sword, not only in Wind Waker, where does his previous sword go? Then, at the end of Wind Waker, Link is seen sailing away with the Hero's Sword again. Where did it go when he had the Master Sword? And how did he get it back?

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
some things in life are best not questioning, the same 'randomly disapearing when you get an upgrade' thing also happens with his shield, and Sarias ocarina in ocarina of time. you just shouldn't question video game logic

Epona

Ordon Village
I think there are a lot of Zelda questions that don't need to be asked. In video games in general. Even in Mario games. Mario is small, and he gets big when he eats a mushroom. How does he change his clothes so fast that they will fit him when he's big and then when he's small again? I mean, that's a question that is just silly to ask, because it doesn't matter in the game. And in Zelda, I think it's just the way the game works. Warping, changing suit colors, the fact that Link doesn't eat or sleep or go to the bathroom. It's part of the game, that's how it works. It's all part of the gaming experience. If videogames were like real life with all that stuff, it would be like a reality videogame or something like that. The laws of physics, logic..just don't matter in certain games.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
where does his previous sword go? Then, at the end of Wind Waker, Link is seen sailing away with the Hero's Sword again. Where did it go when he had the Master Sword? And how did he get it back?

Does the sword suddenly disappear now? I mean in TP and OoT you could switch between swords and they won't go away. I guess the notbeabletoequip hero's sword again in WW is decided by Nintendo because a lot of story evolves around the sword.

Here is something to remember in the future: DO NOT QUESTION NINTENDO LOGIC

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Maybe the Hyrule King took the sword once you removed the Master Sword from its pedestal. Anything really could have happened. The sword could have disintegrated into dust because of the little amount, but strong amount of power left in the Master Sword.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, I think I recall the text saying "You can put away the sword Orca gave you" or something similar to that. Maybe Link put it in an area of inaccessible-during-gameplay hammerspace? Anything is possible. I'll go with the IDG hammerspace theory, though.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Link probobly threw in his pocket saying "I don't need this anymore!"
No but really, Lozzy's probobly is right, it's power was too much for the hero's sword.

Yeah, my money goes on hammerspace too. It's just an upgrade, albeit an important one. And like all the upgrades, the now-useless item is discarded because you don't need its inferiority anymore. But you do still have the option of using the Ordon Sword in TP even after you get the Master Sword, which I believe was artificial difficulty left in by Nintendo in case the player wanted more challenge on the second time through or something.

Its like in indiana jones when he replaces the treasure with his bag cuz its booby traped. Ganon would never give any thing back so he cant steal the sword.

Duh.

M

Mystic Shade

I assume that Link just puts it away and then perhaps gives it back to Orca when he goes back to outset. The master sword is an upgrade anyway and so Link doesn't have any use for it anymore. It's never really explained in most zelda games what actually happenes to the old sword but I would think that Link still keeps it on his person untill the end of his quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom