• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heart Containers

A

Anthony

Heart Peices, in my opinion, where quite fun to search for.
In some of the origional Zelda Games, only Heart Containers were available,
which ruined some of the gameplay.

With Heart Peices it provided a challenge, and you had to search for them to gain extra lives, which made it all the better when you finally aquired them.

I loved Heart Peices, and I hope Nintendo continues this idea in future Zelda Games.

I prefer the heart pieces, definitely. There's more to them than there is to the heart containers. More exploration, more puzzles, more side-quests, etc. Granted, some of the heart containers were a little hard to get (I'm mostly referring to the shooting gallery one here), but there could have been so much more with heart pieces.

PH seemed to take a lot of chances. Heart containers rather than heart pieces; 9999 wallet from beginning to end rather than upgrading as you went; use of an engine; touch screen; and of course, ship parts. Most of these things did pretty well, but I have complaints against a few, including the heart container idea.

I liked having the heart pieces, in a sense of a way, it was like a side quest, something that was not really needed, but was a fun/challenging thing to try to do. I wish that they would have put them in the game, first without them you seemed not to have enough health at times, and it would have been a fun extra to be in the boat and finding a heart piece in the Middle of the ocean.

Also, with so many other collectibles in the ship parts and the power gems, I dind't miss hunting for heart pieces.

I have a feeling ST will retain the same system of full containers, but as long as there's somethign else to search for and collect I'll be happy.
Agreed. As long as they supply us with something that substitutes the searching for the heart pieces (such as the ship parts and gems), then things will be fine.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Although I don't really care if it was only containers or not, but if I did, I would like pieces because containers just take the fun out of everything. You are in Hyrule (or whatever) and you are just missing 1 piece of heart. That is when the fun kicks in when you are trying to look for it while containers are like "Here's are container, there you go. More life".

In all honesty, with all of the game guides on the internet, as well as official guides that you can purchase, finding the heart pieces isn't really any harder/challenging... Just creates more play time and maybe some puzzles, etc.

In WindWaker, I'm actually missing one heart piece. I have 19 Containers. I never felt like looking through a guide and going to each location to figure out which one I was missing. This system in PH kind of stops that from happening.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Yes, I do in fact think that giving Heart Containers was a little to easy. It was super easy when you could buy it at the Masked Man's shop. (What ever his name is :O) Though, it did give some memories of previous Zelda games like The Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link. It was a DS game, so I wouldn't think that a lot things were to be added, due to the lack of exceeded memory space.

The heart container received from scoring 2,000 points at the Shooting Range has proven to be the most challenging for me. I probably spent 300 rupees just trying to get 1,700. I'm just awful at that mini game...

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i like the heart pieces because you get to spend more time playing the game and trying to find everything that there is then you can restart and play through again.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
I like the heart pieces because you get to spend more time playing the game and trying to find everything that there is then you can restart and play through again.

That is true, I do find the urge to play it once more, it has that type of "feeling". I think I will play it again over the weekend. Also, yeah the Mini-Game Heart Piece was hard! I give props to who got it!

Also, yeah the Mini-Game Heart Piece was hard! I give props to who got it!
You are still talking about the Shooting Range? Still seems almost impossible! I also had trouble with the boat cannon mini-game... Shooting the targets. Maybe I just suck at this whole mini-game thing, but I havn't had any luck. I havn't even bothered with the Dee-Ess mini-game for the larger Bombchu bag...

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I quite enjoy collecting the Heart Pieces, the Heart Containers where too easy to collect, and Heart Pieces provided a challenge and were fun to look for.

Pieces made the adventure seem more worth it when you collected all of them, it also added some depth to the games.

I believe that this was a bad move by Nintendo, It has always been fun and hard finding all the heart pieces without a guide. As well all know, todays games are getting far too easy and as far as PH goes it doesn't help in anyway at all.

Although, Then again PH is only a handheld and its plot, gameplay and graphics all make me believe this is a game for the younger audience so it doesn't need to make it harder by adding these. I'm not sure which audience Nintendo intended this game for though.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I do enjoy the Heart pieces as well but I think they were limited to what the could put on the cartridge. I do not think they could put huge caverns or a side quest like Anju and Kafei.

I do enjoy the Heart pieces as well but I think they were limited to what the could put on the cartridge. I do not think they could put huge caverns or a side quest like Anju and Kafei.

i don't think they were limited to the space on the game. look at minish cap; it had heart pieces, seashells, and the minish portals and roads. however, phantom hourglass kind makes up for it. it had gems, 3-D graphics, more dungeons, treasure charts, and ship parts, so give it some slack O.K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom