• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have you ever stole a video game? I have...

Have you?

• No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I dont know

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Of course not

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Yes-siree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Me? Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That is my job...

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
You liked my reply where I literally said it’s my job.
Oh, well now that I look at it I do understand it. I didn't put two and two together that you guys kinda have to buy games cheap.

(I put that option up for comedic purposes like people who actually steal games. Looks like I got lost in my own joke.)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I think I had a guy haggle me into getting a deal on a game once. I was out game hunting with my brother and a game I was kinda keeping my eye out for was Deadly Premonition on PS3. From store to store it just wasn't something I would ever see and so I looked it up on ebay out of curiosity and it was going for like 40-50 bucks which was more than I was willing to pay.

Then on my last stop of the day, my brother and I had found some games we were gonna buy and at the counter I see Deadly Premonition for PS3 in a stack of games that just got traded. I mention it to my brother since we had just talked about it and the guy checking us out was like "do you want to add it?" It wasn't really a priority for me at the moment and I was already spending 50 on Zelda 1 and 2 on NES, but then he asks "how much would you be willing to spend on it?" Me being the cheap bastard that I am threw out 20 bucks as a hypothetical with no intention of purchasing and he said he couldn't let it go for that much.

That was when I realized he was actually trying to sell it to me and not just making small talk. He then said he could do 25 and let go of a 5 dollar game that my brother had in his stack for free, essentially getting me the 20 dollar deal. It all happened so fast that by the time I walked out I was like wait a minute, did that guy con me into a deal? I didn't know what to make of it but that was pretty cool of him.

I actually didn't start retro game hunting until about 2020, though more accurately, New Year's Eve 2019 when on a whim, I decided to start a PS2 collection while just randomly browsing a retro game store since I never had one of my own. I saw a bunch of PS2 games in great condition and each within a 10 dollar price range. I bought a stack of 10 games, and did something I wouldn't normally do but have seen The Game Chasers do all the time, so I said screw it, doesn't hurt to ask and asked the guy if there was any way he could get me a deal since I was buying so many games. At first he said he couldn't because he has to pay the bills and that was that, I wasn't gonna press on any further and understood, but then he said he could knock off the tax, which got me 10 games for 90 bucks.

When it comes to Gamestop on the other hand, I tend to do more scheming by taking advantage of their various trade in offers. I hardly ever spend actual money at Gamestop due to how much trade credit I've squeezed out of them. Sometimes, they'll be offering more money for a game that's on sale for far less at another retailer and I'd buy a bunch of copies and trade them in at various Gamestops. I also ended up getting an Xbox One X for my birthday one year as well and traded both my Xbox One S and PS4 Slim towards Nintendo Switch consoles just to get a trade bonus and paid them off in credit so I don't pay tax and then immediately returned the Switches and got it all back in credit and walked out with a PS4 Pro, a Sega Gensis Mini, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on Switch, the Link's Awakening Amiibo, and the 4 1990 Ninja Turtles figures from NECA with some credit to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom