• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Met a Famous Person?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I met a Kennedy once, years ago... I was in Honors Club at my community college and we went to see a speach, that was it.

This summer, I got to meet one of my literary idols (perhaps the only living favorite writer I have), Peter S. Beagle. He is the author, of, among other fantasy works, "The Last Unicorn." He was at Otakon. I asked him some annoying questions about the publishing world and talked to him of his character, Molly Grue. I bought a print of artwork that an artist made for him and had it signed, along with my copy of "The Last Unicorn." He was a very nice man and it made me very happy to meet him.

Claire

The Geekette
I've seen people who are famous, but there have been a few times where I've spoken to someone who was famous (to varying degrees). I met Andy Tennant, his wife, and his daughters when they came to Hameau Farm (an all girls camp where plenty of international and offspring of famous individuals come for the summer). Andy Tennant is the director for the movie Hitch.

I also met a band manager, who also had a daughter attend the summer camp. She had managed the Black Eyed Peas and Wyclef Jean.

My great grandmother's cousin was Neil Welliver, who was a painter. His son is Titus Welliver, which is an actor. He has appeared in Lost, Monk, Law & Order, The Twilight Zone, Star Trek: Voyager, NYPD Blue, The X Files, Beverly Hills 90210, and NCIS.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I've gone to several concerts and gotten my stuff signed by the artists. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. I have seen lots of famous people, but never really "met" them.

linkman8

True and Noble
What's unfortunate for me is that I've never met any actors or singers or anything like that. Although two years ago I met the Packer players Mark Tauscher, Aaron Rogers, and Nick Barnett. 'Course, only a few people here would know who they are. :P
As for relatives I'm actually related to Matt Kenseth the NASCAR driver. But I don't watch NASCAR so I don't really know that much about him.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I have met a could of comic writers at conventions, but it's not really a chance meeting since I knew they would have been there. Also, their famous level is debatable.

For anyone who lives in Canada, I met one of the members of the Air Farce group while working retail years ago. I can't remember his name, but he always did the Preston Manning impression. He was a nice guy.

In the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" category, my sister stood 5 feet away from Pierce Brosnan on a set of one of this movies filmed here. I was going to go with her to try and find him, but then I decided (quite stupidly) that she'd never get on the set, so I went to school instead. Being a huge Bond fans, I was sorely disappointed she was standing so close to him for a good period of time. Live and learn, I suppose...

S

SilverHawk01

I actually didn't really ' met ' famous ppl ( so far :xd:).
But I Have seen the royal famely of Belgium last year :hmm:. Besides from that erm...Does a band also count ? Cause I've seen a lot of them at festivals and concerts, talking 'bout NightWish, Disturbed, Dragon Force, Rammstein, Papa Roach, red hot chili peppers etc,...

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I met Jo Dee Messina when I was in the Army. My platoon got to build her stage, and we even got to meet with her. She's actually pretty buff, heh. Anyway, she said that I was really strong for being so little, and she laughed at how much food I could eat. She said I was "adorable". *shrug* She also gave me her guitar pick.

I also got to meet Charlie Daniels, as my platoon also built his stage. He's really.... fat, lol. But he's a very nice, happy, patriotic person. He offered me a beer, but I turned it down as I don't drink, and he thought it was good that I stuck to my morals. So he gave me an ice cream bar of sorts instead, lol.

When I was in high school in CA, the marching/performance band played at at even where the Governator opened up an area of solar panels and stuff. He'd really helped out the smaller, poor towns, and he was kicking butt for the state. It was cool to be able to perform there. I told him he was very, very large, and he responded with, "You are very, very small." He was intimidating, lol, but very funny. Got to shake his hand, and he even carried on conversations with my and my friends.

S

Spreeze

Well, I live in Minnesota here in the USA... and not many famous people come up here :hmm:

However, I have met the author William Durbin when he came to our school a few years back. I was involved in the school's writing club, which only had about 20 people in it. Mr. Durbin talked to our group about what it's like being a published author, and let us ask any questions we had.

And my history teacher's mom's best friend is Dick Clark's wife... if that counts :lol:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
For anyone who lives in Canada, I met one of the members of the Air Farce group while working retail years ago. I can't remember his name, but he always did the Preston Manning impression. He was a nice guy.
*Is very jealous* Was that Don? I cannot remember...
I met Robert Munsch when I was a kid. I think I got his autograph. I can't rememebr much, but it was really exciting!
I also met one of the finalists on Canadian Idol a few years ago, and got my picture taken with him and got his autograph as well.
There may have been some famous baseball player, but I don't remember.

I dont' think there was anyone else.

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
I've met a few governors and senators of America. I have seen George W. Bush in person (completely unexpected). I have seen the Ambassador to the US of Japan, the oldest Japanese woman (who remembers world war 1), a huge slew of famous Japanese diplomats (they were seriously just there). I have met a famous singer in Kuwait, and fought his son physically in a supermarket (he started it and I won it). I am family friends with military heads of South Korea, have possible family connections to a popular Egyptian singer (who is banned from coming to America, go figure), and have other strange connections to such persons like a former Minister of Education of Soviet Romania. Also, you know the butler from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? I've met him, he's a cool guy. Also I've met a huge slew of athletes in the past. I got connections to Joe Biden as well.

So yeah I know some pretty famous people. :P

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
When I was in high school in CA, the marching/performance band played at at even where the Governator opened up an area of solar panels and stuff. He'd really helped out the smaller, poor towns, and he was kicking butt for the state. It was cool to be able to perform there. I told him he was very, very large, and he responded with, "You are very, very small." He was intimidating, lol, but very funny. Got to shake his hand, and he even carried on conversations with my and my friends.

Those are all awesome stories, but I think I like the one about Arnold the best!

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
Not in person, but for my 12th birthday, I got the best gift ever. Andre Boulay wrote a message for me on the back of his YYJ busness card. It said: "Happy birthday [insert my first name]. Keep on yo-yoing." Then he singed it. It was an awesome gift (I got more than just that, but you guys don't need to know about it).

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I've met a few.

John Edwards, that psychic guy. Two times, actually.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, met them in my local supermarket, believe it or not.

I almost met Shigeru Miyamoto, when he was here in New York. Almost. :(

She said I was "adorable". *shrug*
That's no lie. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom