• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Hardest Dungeon in Ocarina of Time?

H

Hollo

I think the Forest Temple was the most challenging for it's spot in the storyline. It's the first dungeon you do as a man and it isn't easy.

G

Giygas

The water temple was hard for me on my first try. Once you know what to do and know the key locations it's not that hard. The forest temple took me a while to beat though.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I played a lot of Ocarina of Time 3D within the last couple of weeks, remembering Ocarina of Time (even though the original game was only fifteen feet away from where I was playing it, still in my N64 (I also played it a bunch before I got OoT3D for Christmas). While the Water Temple is hard, it's only hard if you don't inspect every nook and cranny and be sure to collect every key. As the others above me have said, I believe that the hardest temple is not the Water Temple, but rather the Shadow Temple.

Before you get the map, even when you have the Lens of Truth, it's a very, um, unearthly-designed dungeon. There are many doors and passages that you would never expect to see, and the only way to get the Lens of Truth to work as long as you'd want to would be using the Song of Storms glitch. There are some vague hints throughout the dungeon, like its sister dungeon, the Bottom of the Well, and I applaud that they make the player think, but it ends up happening quite a bit.

There were some clever things, though, such as bombing a pile of bones in order to find a chest that holds a key, or tossing yourself in to the wind. The most devious puzzle I could think of, though, was when you had to shoot a fire arrow at the bombs in order to destroy the statue, forming a bridge.

If you think of it as a first time doing the dungeon, I would say Water Temple for sure. It is really hard when you do it the first time.

W

WindFishWaker

I actually thought the Water Temple was easy, same with the Great Deku Tree. The hard one for me had to be the Fire Temple, it was just so long.

F

Farorescourage

I hated the water temple and the shadow temple. I got stuck in the water temple and couldn't find the switch and quit for 3 years then figured it out. I got lost in the maze in the Shadow Temple and got bored. (mind you I was 5 for water temple and 8 for shadow)

As someone brought to my attention in a different thread there is a difference between hard and complicated. The water temply IMO is the most complicated temple. It is confusing and you have to retrack through rooms many different times and you can miss keys very easily. That is my view anyways. The spirit temple on the other hand, I found to be very "uncomplicated" in all aspects relating to puzzles and going from room to room, but the enemies/boss were what we'd call "Hard" or at least harder than most. So in that respect I can't fully answer the question. I guess the Temple/Dungeon that left my the most confused and frustrated was the water temple since the enemies and boss in the spirit temple were not that hard.

So anytime there's a thread that involves difficulty and OoT or the Zelda series the Water Temple is inevitably gonna come up. And I will start off by saying that the Water Temple is not a difficult dungeon if you explore every room as you lower and raise the water levels. If you do this, you are almost guaranteed to find every key.

I think that the Shadow and Fire Temples are the toughest, because they seem to be the least "linear" of all the dungeons (especially the Fire Temple). I found myself exploring a bit more in these dungeons, the rooms were not chronologically placed and they were massive dungeons that expanded over the most ground of all the other ones.

Obivously the child dungeons are a walk in the park; even beginners would be able to beat the Great Deku Tree in probably an hour I'd say. I had a few problems with Dodongo's Cavern orignally I remember but nothing too daunting.

The Spirit Temple is probably the most entertaining and combat heavy dungeon in the game (defeating the first Iron Knuckle as young Link is a chore) but it's not the most difficult puzzle-wise.

Annnnd the Forest Temple, not difficult but it's easy to miss a key (like the Water Temple for most people).

Shadow Temple probably would've been relatively easy but the invisible stuff makes it a bit more difficult. Also, I think it has the most well-hidden key in the game; if you know what I'm talking about it's that room with the Gibdo's and spike traps, and you have to bomb the bones in the corner to get the key in the room. I was so rattled at this part, took me probably a couple of hours until I decided to look at my map and voila, a treasue chest :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom