• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Happy Halloween!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Happy Halloween!!!!

I don't celebrate it, nor will I go trick or treating, but to all those who do, enjoy the night, have lots of fun. ;)

Nicole

luke is my wife
I was supposed to go out trick-or-treating with four of my friends, but no, snowstorm and power outages had to ruin my Halloween. My power (and internet connection, the most important part) keeps flashing in and out, and the town next to me where we planned to go trick-or-treating is totally blacked out, and I heard they may not get power back until Wednesday or Thursday. Not only that, but the ground is covered in debris from trees and loose wires are strewn everywhere. Plus, the ground is slippery and wet from the snow itself. That alone would make trick-or-treating treacherous, but with a lack of lighting, it's a no-go. The mayor of my town actually POSTPONED Halloween until this Friday. Hopefully everything will be back up and in working order by then.

For the record, I was going out as a Nerd. I had a red-and-purple-plaid button-down, collared shirt, was going to wear my jeans rolled up, my Converse sneakers, and a pair of 3-D glasses with the lens poked out. Great costume.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
i had a party at my friends house, I dressed as a pokémon trainer ( for 1 reason ), I asked my friend to dress his dog up as gastly so he did ( it looked pretty good too ).
what was really funny was when my friend was annoying me, I said Alfie use lick ( the dog's name is Alfie ), then Alfie actually jumped on my friend and started lickinf him. it was so funny! :P

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Happy Halloween to everyone! I will be going Trick or Treaing after school. I have to go home and change. I missing two items I need. I'll go to walmart dressed as Mario. I did that last year, it was pretty cool. Yup, sorry to hear that, Ni. At least you'll go Trick or Treating were it's not a school night. Have to everyone and Trick on!

Ice Sage

these are words
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
I have dressed as the doctor to school (including the fez), but I shall not go trick or treating. Which actually only has been around for about 80 years as we know it as today. If you care to learn more about this exciting holiday go here to History channel's webpage about the history of Halloween.
And one last thing...
[video=youtube;A7nOsfAA3Es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nOsfAA3Es&feature=related[/video]

sucks that we have it on a school day ): i think it should be law that halloween is on the last friday of every october that way we dont have to go to dumb school and we can party all night!

Ice Sage

these are words
sucks that we have it on a school day ): i think it should be law that halloween is on the last friday of every october that way we dont have to go to dumb school and we can party all night!
Well, Halloween is deprived from the old name "All Hallows Evening". It is the day before the Celtic Holiday honoring certin dead people that was eventually made into Christianity for purposes of comfortably converting Celtics into Christians. That holiday took sometime in spring but Christians moved it to the eventual position of November 1st. The christians also eventually changed it so that instead of the holiday being All Martyrs Day it was All Saints Day. Which was also called All Hallows Day. And the night before was eventually to be called All Hallows Evening which eventually just shortened to Halloween. So... it techinaclly wouldn't be Halloween if it was just the last Friday of October.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! It's my favorite holiday of all time! I love it! I love the spookiness to it.

tumblr_lmtf7sCgOj1qfo5gw.gif

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKY

I wanted to go as Masaomi (the guy in the picture) for Halloween, actually. Thinking about it, all I have to do to cosplay as him is dye my hair blonde, wear a yellow scarf and act the part. That's it. I already look a lot like him, same sense of fashion and hairstyle, too. Too bad I never want to have blonde hair. I like my brown hair :bleh:

I'm not going out this year, though; I'm just gonna stand outside and hand out candy to the kids.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I've only gone trick-or-treating once in my lifetime as I don't celebrate it (if you knew it's history, you'd understand), but I'd rather stay inside tonight anyhow. Not even the sugary rewards of door-stepping seems to motivate me to enter the cold anymore. :embarrassed:

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
i'm with u there, I hate that my school makes you come even if there's a snowstorm outside ( my schools so strict, they've only had 1 day off from snow, and that was cause the teachers couldn't be bothered getting there, they didn't even tell us they just left a note on the entrance meaning we'd have to trudge to school, just to find out our journey was meaningless and trudge back again, while other students are pelting snowballs at you. ) , I don't like cold, that's why I don't go out much ( and it's how I can finish games in a day )

I've only gone trick-or-treating once in my lifetime as I don't celebrate it (if you knew it's history, you'd understand), but I'd rather stay inside tonight anyhow. Not even the sugary rewards of door-stepping seems to motivate me to enter the cold anymore. :embarrassed:

i understand its history very well but cmon man live a little. i dont celebrate it but i go out anyway to have a good time. i encourage you to think twice and just have fun tonight.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Happy Halloween

I was suppose to be a nerdy ninja, but we didn't have enough time to get the costume, so i'm going as Abbey from NCIS

Jedizora

:right:
I went as a Yankees player. As in, I got my yankees jersey that I would have worn anyway and got a hat :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom