• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hacking Zelda 1

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
Well, my game making career has led me to this point; hacking the original Zelda. And well, here is what I have:

hzelda01.jpg

As you can read, just because I can do it doesn't mean I know what to do. As a note for how comprehensive these tools are, this is what IS possible:

* Changing all text
* Completely editing the overworld map
* Completely editing the dungeon maps, both quest one and quest two
* Specifying which enemies, items, etc. appear where

Here is what I CAN'T do, yet:

* Changing the music
* Changing the title screen
* Changing the sprites
* Changing items (though I can change item order)
* Changing basic game stuff (saving, etc.)
* Changing most events (Old Man giving you a sword, though I can move him to a different location or scrap him if need be)

So, if you guys have ideas, let me know! I'm asking my friends at school as well about this.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I think you should make a really hard version, something that makes the second quest look like a joke. That would be fun to try, in a frustrating sort of way.

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
I got some ideas last night and the game is progressing nicely. I have a good chunk of the overworld done, and I finished a dungeon. There will be two quests in this, like the original. And I intend for the first one to be difficult, and the second one to make you want to cry.

I guess this will be for professional players only. Here's a screengrab to get you anxious:

hzelda02.jpg

Notice: What item is missing?

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Unfortunately I do. Looks like this will be some fun for us hardcore Zelda folks. :) The few that thought the second quest was too easy, anyway. :lol:

But seriously- this looks like it'll be a bit of a challenge. Keep up the good work!

The Castellan

Going bump in the night.
I can change the sprites, I make custom sprite sheets, and I'll do that if you want, you just tell me what you want made. :stalfos:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom