• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Greatest Hand Held Zelda Game?

How exactly did I imply such a thing? I was simply referring to bias Zelda fans. How does that imply "every Zelda fan"? I'm a fan, so does that mean I just called myself bias?... If you're going to have an argument, conversation, debate, or whatever you'd like to call this, I suggest you don't put words into other people's mouths.

Wow, you had conversations before! That really gives you the right to speak for other people and use the few opinions you're aware of as proof of your argument... :facepalm: If you're curious about my thoughts on Spirit Tracks, contact me via PM, VM, or email, but this isn't the place for it. Don't assume or judge if you only have a fragment of the picture to work with. Obviously, I didn't give an in depth analysis detailing Spirit Tracks. I didn't post in this thread to bash a game, but to simply state my favorite handheld game.

Having unique enemies, puzzles, etc. still doesn't make it any good... What are you getting at? Your opinion is more valid than mine? Is that what your saying? Apparently I suck at analyzing games then... Because Spirit Tracks is so godly that it's a crime to find fault with it. It makes me odd.

Congratulations, you danced around every single point I made in my post. (Not to mention the sarcasm wasn't needed and only serves to antagonize people.)

"Or do hear great things from bias Zelda fans? I know it sounds harsh, but it's the cold truth." --- I think that pretty much implies that the people I talked to were "biased" and their opinions were invalid. And I said I've had multiple discussions, key word, multiple. I'm sure discussions with, literally, thousands of Zelda fans can help me lead to a general consensus. (Not to mention I stated that I couldn't make a calculated assumption based on your post, yet you felt the need to make a lolworthy argument in the first place.)

Lastly, how on Earth does unique puzzles, enemies, and mechanics not make something good. Do you enjoy boring, repetitive, and broken things instead? What exactly are you getting at? Because I sure as hell don't know. I never claimed your opinion was odd because it was different, I claimed it was odd because your reasons for hating the Tower of Spirits is very nitpicky.

And yes, my opinion is more valid than yours, everyone knows that.
/jk

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Congratulations, you danced around every single point I made in my post. (Not to mention the sarcasm wasn't needed and only serves to antagonize people.)

"Or do hear great things from bias Zelda fans? I know it sounds harsh, but it's the cold truth." --- I think that pretty much implies that the people I talked to were "biased" and their opinions were invalid. And I said I've had multiple discussions, key word, multiple. I'm sure discussions with, literally, thousands of Zelda fans can help me lead to a general consensus. (Not to mention I stated that I couldn't make a calculated assumption based on your post, yet you felt the need to make a lolworthy argument in the first place.)

Lastly, how on Earth does unique puzzles, enemies, and mechanics not make something good. Do you enjoy boring, repetitive, and broken things instead? What exactly are you getting at? Because I sure as hell don't know. I never claimed your opinion was odd because it was different, I claimed it was odd because your reasons for hating the Tower of Spirits is very nitpicky.

And yes, my opinion is more valid than yours, everyone knows that.
/jk

Where is stated that your opinion is more valid than his? An opinion is an opinion.

Now play it nice folks!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My favorite handheld Zelda, and personally, the greatest handheld Zelda would have to be Oracle of Seasons or Oracle of Ages...hey, can I say both? Those two games are the most unknown of the "Main" Zelda games, and I would even say they are "Rare Zeldas" simply due to their mysterious nature. I've had the ability to play both games to their very ends and they are so satisfying. I love them both dearly and would probably push them out as some of the better handheld and even better 2D Zeldas (since OoT3D and ALttPGBA don't count).

My favorite handheld Zelda game is The Minish Cap. It's everything I desire and more. TMC is a blend of old and new and it may well be the greatest 2D installment in the franchise.

Before I even played TMC my primary allurement was the throwback to ALttP in terms of aesthetic and gameplay. TMC feels like a spiritual successor to the classic and its vibrancy as compared to said game makes the experience all the more meaningful and enriching. With the old, however, also comes a large chunk of new and altering Link's size was a great gimmick. It wasn't a fresh mechanic since a similar idea was utilized in MM's Stone Tower Temple boss battle but the dual overworld concept in ALttP was taken a step further as an area which appeared one way to the unaided eye in regular size revealed a plethora of secrets when shrunken. Moreover, seeing regular enemies transform into bosses under Picori statue was mind-boggling and exhilarating.

Nintendo has a bad history of incorporating one major flaw into each handheld Zelda game but TMC appears to be the exception to the rule. It's a classic through and through prompting me to replay it regularly.

I have to say OoT 3D tops my list of hand held games, and guys this is a place to have opinions heard you either respect those opinions or keep your thoughts to your self, KEEP your opinions polite don't insult people and if you think an opinion is insulting simply inquire as to whether it was intended to be in order to avoid lashing out at someone you only miss understood.

A Link to the Past........if that doesn't count which I hope it does even though it was on the SNES first then I have to pick Spirit Tracks because I could 100% it without a guide and I thought it was really fun.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Phantom Hourglass, it was extremly fun, it had a good amount of dungeons, and i loved customizing my ship, seclond would be spirit tracks, but spirit tracks just wasnt as good.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It saddens me how little people appreciate The Minish Cap. :(
The Minish Cap is a phenomenal game even compared to the 3D titles. It's fun as hell, it has a great story, great dungeons and bosses, a great overworld, a great soundtrack, etc.

A close second would be Spirit Tracks. Fantastic game :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom