• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics of Skyward Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda Wii... CEL SHADED?!?!?

I know E3 is less than 3 hrs away, but I read on Hyrulenet.net that part of the E3 Zelda Wii trailer was shown to "hype up for today" or something like that. I personally don't mind the cel-shaded graphics from Wind Waker, but I don't think it should be for Zelda Wii... I hope these are false rumors and I'm pretty sure now that they are because I remembered the leaked Zelda artwork didn't look like a cel-shaded style.

I also read this article. Even though the concept art was realistic, but Nintendo did say that they were still thinking about the style.

:( oh well but it just doesn't feel like it should be... But what do I know, I still don't know about most of it It could be the best Zelda game ever made! :)

Personally the style can be whatever Nintendo wish it to be. For me the Zelda games have always been and always will be about gameplay.

I was lucky enough to be introduced to the series right at the start of the 3D games so have mostly played the games with the better graphics. However, I recently played through LoZ and found it to be just as engaging gameplay wise as any of the newer ones.

I've been thinking, maybe the cell-shaded graphics are from the beta release or the demo that is playable at E3, because I remember reading on an interview that Miyamoto said:

We are preparing "gorgeous" graphics for the title, which will focus on conveying the atmosphere of a real adventure again, and will try to correct the flaws of Twilight Princess while maintaining and improving on the realism it portrayed
This led me to think that the semi-Cell-Shaded graphics aren't permanent. Personally I liked them, I think they're a good idea, but what I think Nintendo should do (although it is unlikely) is to put an option to change graphics on the game, What do you think?

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
I've been thinking, maybe the cell-shaded graphics are from the beta release or the demo that is playable at E3, because I remember reading on an interview that Miyamoto said:

This led me to think that the semi-Cell-Shaded graphics aren't permanent. Personally I liked them, I think they're a good idea, but what I think Nintendo should do (although it is unlikely) is to put an option to change graphics on the game, What do you think?

I sure hope that they bring back the TP-graphics, just improved. Now I really hope that the demo's graphics is ONLY for show-off purposes, even though they did not say anything about it in the presentation. I want a realistic Zelda! Zelda for kids can stay on the DS, but not the Wii!!1!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I sure hope and pray for those gfx to be temporary! I also don't see a need for another console "Cel-da", I think they should leave that to the handheld games. Plus the last two titles (PH and ST) were like that, so it's time for TP-like graphics.
EDIT: Just got ninja'd by Jesper, didn't mean to copy his/her statements :D

R

Rarulla6

That'd be great. I really missed the beautiful graphics we had in Twilight Princess and a refined, upgraded version would blow me away.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I really hope they change too.. PH and ST were both awful in every way.
I'm not fully sure on this one right now.

Y

Yeshmin

Maybe it will change, you can tell the difference between how they showed OoT for the first time, and how it was released

Rytex

Resident Netizen
All I can say is that the Cell-Shading wasn't bad. One of the reasons TP was delayed for so long was because they were getting the graphics just right. With a combination of cell-shading and photorealism, they have a really good style on their hands. Plus, I kinda like that they're keeping a cartoon edge to the game. the companies seem like they are trying to make their games into movies. I really want a game that's just easy to pick up and play, with less amazing graphics and more awesome gameplay, but that's just me. Any other opinions?

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I really liked the graphics, but it IS possible, especially with a 2011 ( D8 ) release date, that those were the beta graphics created solely for E3, perhaps? I don't know, we still have a lot to learn about this game.

And on your point of graphic options, I hiiiighly doubt that. I mean, that would be insane. The feel of the game comes partly from its graphics, and music and tone and such go along with it. Changing between graphics would completely change the feel of the game and may (or may not) give you it's full potential. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom