• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphical Display - Anyone else Bothered?

Zleda

Toon Deity
"Let's make a topic questioning the graphics even though there is a disclaimer about the footage RIGHT IN THE DAMN CORNER."

I assume that's the thought process that went into making this topic.

I believe the disclaimer is referring to the Pikachu and the lightening in the very beginning.

Deeds

no text
I believe the disclaimer is referring to the Pikachu and the lightening in the very beginning.
When the actual gameplay is shown, it says something like 'Not completely finished gameplay' or something along those lines. This tells us that this is taken very early in development.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
That aleast makes me feel little better cause i feel as though gamefreak and nintendo will iron out the problems nicely! :D

Skunk

Floof
Hm, not finished gameplay, eh? Hopefully that's smoothed out and the anti aliasing is trashed for the final product.

B

benf207

This really doesn't make any sense. The 3DS is indeed slightly worse than the PS2, but what makes it look decent is the small screen. The pixel density on the 3DS (even though the 3DS screen isn't that high resolution) is much higher. Firstly this will make things look much better even if they aren't actually that good looking due to the high density, and secondly this leads to much better performance (frame rate).
While the pixel density may be higher on the 3DS, pixel density alone is meaningless. One must take into account the viewing distance. In the case of the 3DS, you're very close to the screen, so the quality will look worse than being at a distance from a TV screen hooked up to a PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom