• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphic Requests

I need a picture of midna wearing the completed fused shadow thingy at the end of the game ( you know when she has all those arms in the air). Her with that spear or her going up with all the arms down is good) If you wish to flourish it you'd save me alot of work but note that ill probly use what you post. Please and thank you:D

Last edited by a moderator:
DarkLink01's Band Needs A Symbol

Alright, well, since a lot of people here are sickXpro with their Photoshop skillz and such, I figured I would put this out there and see where it goes. My band needs a design. I would like something kinda tribal looking, or celtic, but really just anything cool will work. Now the band is hard rock; Somewhere along the lines of Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, maybe a little bit of Killswitch Engage in there, that sorta deal. So it has to look, ya know, rock-ish.

I've been working on a few different designs and ideas myself, but I would like to see what our graphic pros here at ZD can do. There's no big hurry on this, but the sooner, the better. And don't feel bad if I don't pick your design or something. Heck, at least this gives you something to do.

My bands name is OBEY, that's all caps. The symbol doesn't have to include the band name. Actually, I would prefer that it did not include the band name, but if you got the spare time, surprise me. Just make sure you make the symbol separate as well so that we can use it as a standalone thing and don't have to past the symbol with the band name every time we use it.

Also, for all those out there that don't like their designs to go without credits, I will make sure you work gets credited. However, we can't go putting credits all over the design every time we use it. That means, IF your design is picked, we won't be putting "thanks to whoever" on all the T-Shirts or posters or flyers that we make with the symbol on it. What I can do, is put the credits on our Myspace, where we will have the design posted up in one of our albums. I'll make sure to link back to wherever the designer wants it linked back to; Their website or whatever.

Anyway, thanks ahead of time guys (and gals). I'll look forward to checkin out all your ideas and hopefully I'll find something better than what I've been coming up with considering my PS skills aren't spectacular.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Ooh, a sudden burst of inspiration hit me! I'm going to go work on it now. :D

Although I am terrible at drawing on computers, I can draw it out on paper and then put it on my computer to edit it in GIMP and make it look like a logo and not some lame drawing. :)

When I get done, I'll post the link to it up on here, okay? Anyways, I'm off to go work on it now! :)

Last edited:

knowlee

Hello again! Sorry if this counts as double posting, :sweat: but well, I'm finished with the logo idea. I don't know how you will like it, but here they are:

OBEYLogo-1withwords-1-1.png

And here it is without the words:

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/knowlee_raven/OBEYLogo-1.png

I designed it with your band's name in mind. The first symbolism shown is the man in black is bowing down, which essentially is a way of showing that your obeying someone. The second symbolism is that the man is formed out of an arrow which shows another meaning of obeying (ie: being guided by). Essentially you are being guided by the arrow which forms into the man.

Well that's all I can say for now. If there's anything that you would like for me to change, I'll be glad to do so. I hope you like it. Even if you don't use it, at least I know that I probably helped give you an idea for a logo for your band. :)

Thanks, see you! :)

EDIT:

I don't know why the white lines appeared on both pictures for. I know I didn't have them on there before I uploaded them on photobucket. :\ I'll go back and edit them out.

knowlee

Yeah that's very kool Knowlee. Thanks. I'll save this and show it to the guys.

Your welcome. :) I'm still going to try and get those white lines removed that are showing up on the edges of the man. I have no idea how I missed those. :hmm:

Anyway, if there is anything that you want me to change on it, I'll be glad to do so. :)

Last edited:

knowlee

Oh, it is a man, like bowing. Ha, I didn't even notice that and I still thought it was kool. Wow.

:lol: You're not the only one who didn't see that. I showed it to a family member of mine the other day when I was working on it. I believe it took them a couple of seconds to realize what it looked like. :xd:

It took me a while to find out a good design for the logo. I was trying to come up with something that would describe the name of your band, "OBEY". It took a couple of hours, but then it hit me when I thought of a man bowing. Since bowing is a way of obeying someone, I thought of designing the logo like that.

On another note, it also took me a while to find a font that looked cool enough to use. I finally found one though. :)

On another note, it also took me a while to find a font that looked cool enough to use. I finally found one though. :)

yes I have actually seen that font somewhere recently; Probably while I was looking for a font to design my own logo. I found a bunch on a 1001 fonts place, which it could have been on there or could have been on Photoshop or my computer already.

knowlee

yes I have actually seen that font somewhere recently; Probably while I was looking for a font to design my own logo. I found a bunch on a 1001 fonts place, which it could have been on there or could have been on Photoshop or my computer already.

That's where I found the font that I used for the logo. :D

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I've been noticing that a lot of people are creating threads requesting avatars/signatures, instead of posting the request in one of the many shops that are sitting around. I'm making a stop to all of the request threads, here and now.

If you have a request for anything graphic related, and you don't want to post it in one of the shops, post it in this thread. Do not make a new thread containing your request.

Once you post your request, artists will look in here, and make it for you, if they decide to do so.

Last edited:

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Nice. This thread will prevent a lot of spammy posts. Great idea, Vincent! =P

And if I get on my laptop later tonight, I'll try to make the sig for you if you want, irishfire. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom