• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goddess Statue + Sealed Grounds = Temple of Time (speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Hes anyone noticed this - in the ruins in front of the Goddess Statue, there is a half-dome? Then, at the building in the sealed grounds, there is another half-dome?

Sealed Grounds:
SS-sealed_grounds-dome.png

Goddess Statue:
SS-goddess-dome.png

With these two things in mind, I started thinking. In the sealed grounds, there is a huge ditch in the ground. I thought that maybe the island where the goddess statue is used to be on that ditch (so when the island floated up to the sky, the ditch was left in the ground). Then I thought, if the two were connected, then maybe that single building corresponds to the Temple of Time seen in other games ( I mean the temple that houses the Master Sword not the Temple of Time in SS). Think about it. The floor plan is nearly the exact same. The pedestal that holds the Goddess Sword is the same one that eventually holds the Master Sword. The door covering up the goddess statue (the one that disappears when Fi went through it) is the Door of Time (it disappeared similar to how the Door of Time in OoT disappeared).

Door of Time:
SS-goddess_statue_-_door.png

Now, the door behind the old woman would be the entrance into the Temple of Time, the same entrance in OoT (the entrance into the church-like building) and TP (the entrance BEHIND the door of time, one that could not be opened).

Entrance to the Temple of Time (behind old woman, as seen from inside Temple of Time):
SS-sealed_grounds-ruins.png

So, with that in mind, the large circular platform in the sealed ground ruins (the one outlined with dots) would be the same one as the platform in OoT where the player warps to when playing the Prelude of Light. Another possible place corresponding to that platform could be the large circle you have to land on early in the game in front of the Goddess Statue. But I'm guessing that might correspond better to the circular platform with the triforce in TP were you have to solve the two-statue puzzle. So, IMO, the floor plan seems perfect and is probably the Temple of Time in other games.

PS: forgive me if these things are explained later in the game, I had the idea right when I reached the Sealed Grounds, and I am only up to the third dungeon now. If it is explained later, please tell without giving away any spoilers.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
You'll come to a better conclusion much later in the game. That's all I'll say since you don't want any spoilers.:)

OK :) Thanks, then. I just had the idea very early in the game... I'm guessing this thread should be closed, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom