• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim's Master

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Just to keep this thread on-topic for the people that actually came to read about Ghirahim's possible master, I think it's Malladus. If Ghirahim's title is DEMON LORD, then it'd definitely point to his master being a DEMON KING, which, as players of ST know, is Malladus. So, everything for me points to Malladus as being Ghirahim's master. But if that's the case, then Ghirahim is looking for a way to FREE Malladus, not revive him, as the legend in ST states that Malladus was sealed away beneath the Spirit Tracks. So maybe he'll be brought back in SS, Link beats him up, someone seals him away (who I think is Zelda, hence why Ghirahim wants her, so she can't sustain the seal,) and the timeline goes on eventually to Spirit Tracks.

Happy pondering!

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Unfortunately, your theory will not work (unless there is more than one Malladus), because it contradicts with Spirit Tracks's backstory. He was sealed in New Hyrule, between the events of PH and ST. Read here for more information: Spirit War at Zelda Wiki. It other words, there will be a different Demon King.

Last edited:
To close the side conversation about Termina, you put it differently than most people. The way you describe your theory of it being in another world is inconsiquencial. If Link enters and leaves it, and the events in MM do not affect the overall timeline, then I guess it's ok. I just usually hear people who say Termina is in another world flat out thinking that the game is non-canonical. So basically it doesn't matter what world it's in as long as you recognize the events to have actually happened. I should say though, the reason I was saying it is a border land is because that is what it would be if not in another world. Link certainly can't access another continent by horse.

As for the timeline, send me a message or something if you think you see any flaws. But there IS a timeline. It's been officially stated multiple times and if you don't know that already, then that really hurts your credibility in the discussion.

Now, on topic. Malladus wouldn't fit and quite frankly ST sucks. Myself and many other people would be pissed if the DS games are referenced so strongly. As for the revealed opening for SS, I don't see a clear indication that Ghirahim is among the silhoettes. I presume it's more of a back story (therefor not including Ghirahim). The central demonic looking thing I would indeed guess is his master though.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Now, on topic. Malladus wouldn't fit and quite frankly ST sucks. Myself and many other people would be pissed if the DS games are referenced so strongly. As for the revealed opening for SS, I don't see a clear indication that Ghirahim is among the silhoettes. I presume it's more of a back story (therefor not including Ghirahim). The central demonic looking thing I would indeed guess is his master though.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, that's not on topic at all. That's just a personal attack against a game, which is by no means an argument.

And for the "Ghirahim silhouette" thing...

320845_199380136798390_125038904232514_445877_497763948_n.jpg

Clearly Ghirahim. Just look at the face, ear, hair, and cloak. And why would it being the backstory not make sense for him being in the game? If he's part of the tribe, it makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
Yea Malladus only exists in New Hyrule (the place Link and Tetra sailed to and settled in. It was also named Hyrule). He could not exist in the current Hyrule.

320845_199380136798390_125038904232514_445877_497763948_n.jpg

Clearly Ghirahim. Just look at the face, ear, hair, and cloak. And why would it being the backstory not make sense for him being in the game? If he's part of the tribe, it makes perfect sense.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it's Ghirahim as well, but it also looks like he could be turned in a way that only one ear is visible. Also, the middle guy on the right kinda looks like him too. Perhaps it's common among the demon tribe to have two differently-shaped ears? Just my two cents.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it's Ghirahim as well, but it also looks like he could be turned in a way that only one ear is visible. Also, the middle guy on the right kinda looks like him too. Perhaps it's common among the demon tribe to have two differently-shaped ears? Just my two cents.

Well, look at this one.

unled16o.jpg

Same figure, and he noticeably has a smaller left ear.

Uhhh wow. Talking about Ghirahim's master is on topic. The fact that most people strongly dislike the DS games was only one of the things I said. In regards to Malladus, I also said that he wouldn't fit (particularly because of the Hyrule vs New Hyrule factor people are mentioning).

Those silhoettes are purposely distorted. The only real thing you can tell about the way they look is that there is a bigger one in the middle. The "resemblence to Ghirahim" of the one on the far left is ridiculously small.

Ghirahim doesn't have one ear bigger than the other. o_O His hair just covers up the other.

From what I can tell, the intro is describing the events of Minish Cap and events that followed (FS being a direct, insignificant sequal to MC and therefor not mentioned). Of course use of different words like gods, goddess, goddesses, lady, triforce, and light force make things tricky to make sense of. Maybe MC Zelda is the "lady" and the "goddess" who seem to be described as the same being and the light force's connection to the triforce will be explained in the game since they seem to be describing the triforce in the intro. The now known fact that there was a kingdom on the ground before SS helps confirm all this. If all this is true, then Ghirahim probably wasn't around yet in the back story detailed in the intro since those MC era events were perhaps hundreds of years ago. Not to mention the "lady" created Skyloft. It pretty much had to be hundreds of years ago.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm just going to put this out: Ghirahim's master is probably someone we've never seen before. Though Skyward Sword does convey several points that were in earlier games (and in the future Hyrule), I'm certain it will feature a new baddie. Rather than say how foreboding/malevolent he might be, I'll just say that his evil is not so grave as Ganon's, because we've never heard his name mentioned, far as I know... Regardless, Nintendo will likely surprise us with who they chose as SS's main villain, and I hope it provides us with a lot of answers, like just who the Dark Tribe really was.

ughh...this is so long and so confusing! Anyways, some people seem to not want to think Malladus is in it. There both demons, NoA picked it for DS(not completly sure) so it would drag less attenion from fans. The games are made right next to each other, none have thought Malladus could be sealed in SS, come to ST Hyrule later because he'd be free, come back with a St link and Zelda to fight. I think Malladus is in it, I dont quite see why people say he isn't.:(

Ghirahim's Master is either, in my opinion, a past life of a certain villain we know to fill in how and why he exists as the central villain of a few games. Or he's a demon with the same name, or a similar name, that he takes in order to gain some respect from anyone who knows the story.
Also
I'm just really interesting in learning who the guy with the white mask is...he looks...interesting.
I too find him interesting. In fact, I can't help but think we've seen his mask before...

Last edited:
Don't worry, blubb, I'm certain that it won't have a TP moment. Nintendo is cleaning up/conglomerating all of the Zelda games thus far, trying to keep all of the bad out from each game! I mean, they gave us the good information in this month's Nintendo Power that Ghirahim is obviously trying to resurrect his master, so there's almost no way he could make that surprise appearance and have Ghirahim go all Zant on us.

actually I wouldnt mind if they did that ONLY if it made Ghirahim a centre point villian, say like Link prevents his master from being ressurectede at all (we only see glimpses of him or something) and it focus's on Ghirahim.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Ghirahim's Master is either, in my opinion, a past life of a certain villain we know to fill in how and why he exists as the central villain of a few games. Or he's a demon with the same name, or a similar name, that he takes in order to gain some respect from anyone who knows the story.
Also

I too find him interesting. In fact, I can't help but think we've seen his mask before...

Maybe Fierce Deity? That would totally kick äss! But then again the intro is so blurry and poor in details that this can be neither proven right nor wrong... I fear that SS will raise more questions than it'll answer and that we'll see another prequel in the future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom