• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Getting Made Fun of for Zelda

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
To Makar: No but she does have an awesome harp that reflects light and she can carry Link unlike you.

And yes I'm picked on for liking LoZ I tend to wear alot of accessories from the game series 1 of which is homemade. it's a Rainbow Rupee.

And don't let it bother you to much just find people around you who do like LoZ almost all my friends have at least played OoT.

I'm not really into shooting games that much I really like adventure games.

squirrelguys

Hero of Slimes
You were listening to the people who play Black Ops? There are three kinds of people on Black Ops the 8 year olds, the people who get pissed at being killed that call everyone else n00bs, and the honest few nice gamers.

I've never been made fun of because I really tend to not got into detail which games I play with people that seem like they would spread around the whole school of world that I play Pokemon or Zelda.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I can remember a few times that I was made fun of for playing Zelda, but it never really bothered me because it was the CoD fanboys. The real problem is that those guys only play one kind of game, and in their minds it is the best no matter how valid your argument is. Don't worry to much about it, because someday when you are working for a multi-billion dollar software company, they will still be flipping burgers.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Maybe once or twice, but I don't care. A lot of my friends love Zelda. But whoever hates Zelda probably hasn't seen Twilight Princess.

M

Mak

Zelda isn't really a game you get made fun of for playing. It's not like going around saying you play some MMO or something.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
I get made fun of by the people who are in the worst position to be making fun of people.

- Morbidly obese, disgusting people who act like jerks to everyone until no one likes them? Yep.
- People who were D-bag jocks in high school who insist on still being D-bags until I floor them? Yep.
- Children of hardcore christian families who believe that electronics are satan's influence on earth? Yep.

So usually I find it funny. But what I don't get is why the Zelda series in particular.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
I never get made fun of for playing Zelda cause lotta ,my friends play it too. But whenever I hear something about the PS3 is better than the wii I think, Come on the Wii is out of date so give nintendo a break. Wii U suppossed to have better graphics than the PS3 anyways but whenever someone insults nintendo I try my hardest not to go "Mike Tyson Punch Out" on them.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Yeah, most of my friends try to make fun of me for playing Zelda but you know, all they play is online shooting games and aren't even real gamers. They don't even know what it means to be a gamer or what a good game needs or is. So I just make fun of them and their lameness.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
all they play is online shooting games and aren't even real gamers. They don't even know what it means to be a gamer or what a good game needs or is.

I know right? All they would really care about is if theres blood, and a high rating. Maybe the graphics, but not much. In my opinion, people shouldn't even make fun of people for playing Zelda games if they don't know how to figure out how good a game really is.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I've been made fun of for playing Zelda tons of times. Almost all of my friends play Call of Duty and Halo. I'll admit, I like Halo: Reach. I'm not a fan of Call of Duty. But still, I've played Reach and Zelda. Zelda is definitely better. If someone wants to play a shooter, go ahead and play those (or better yet, Metroid Prime), but no one should make fun of Zelda. Zelda's awesomeness just explodes over the universe all the way to the Dark World and Sacred Realm. Termina even.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
People who only play FPS aren't true gamers in my book, just fanboys. A blend of all sorts of games is needed to have respect for the industry.

DekuMan414

TwentyThree is Number One
Oh yeah, almost every day by basically all of my friends....
but then I think; "wow, a talking horse turd is teasing me, I really don't care"
You know what I do though, I put papers on their desks saying "You've met a terrible fate haven't you" or "you shouldn't have done that", they get freaked out, and I walk away laughing.

TwentyThree is Number One!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Unfortunately, there's always the kind of people who "need" to make others look like less for such insignificant reasons as the games they like. Not to mention that I've noticed the meaning of the word "mature" has been somewhat blurred in some gaming communities.

Here's a very good article I saw on the matter:

Warning: It contains harsh language.

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/f/matu...a-20081014113316766003/g-20061024131536651099

Look at the games mentioned there. Many of them wouldn't be considered "mature" by the stereotypical Call of Duty player (which by the way, is depicted in a manner that offends people like me who play that kind of games for fun). I'm not sure if this applies to Twilight Princess, as the game is usually considered "mature" for it's graphical style, but it sure does apply to others *coughwindwakercough*.

Sorry if this comes off as a rant, but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Last edited:

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I've never been teased per se for playing Zelda, but often people tell me to get an Xbox, which annoys me considering that I hate Microsoft, and at least 50% of the COD community are shallow gamers who act like COD was God's gift to the world, and act like every other last game is stupid. On top of that, they judge me on it without even giving reasons to support their answers, but that's typical for COD and Microsoft lovers alike.

People who only play FPS aren't true gamers in my book, just fanboys. A blend of all sorts of games is needed to have respect for the industry.

Fanboys, and nothing else. Gamers are so shallow nowadays, if you program a game to have online play, blood, good graphics, and stamp an M on the front cover, they'll play it and act like it's hands-down amazing. And then they go around blaspheming awesome games like Zelda, while giving no reasons to support their opinions.

Yeah, most of my friends try to make fun of me for playing Zelda but you know, all they play is online shooting games and aren't even real gamers. They don't even know what it means to be a gamer or what a good game needs or is. So I just make fun of them and their lameness.

Gamers are people who enjoy the game because of the actual gameplay. All COD fans do is enjoy it for the online play and graphics, and at the same time act like every other game is crap and that they have the right to say it is. It sickens me that every new COD game gets perfect scores, because it has almost no value in my book.

Anyway...no. Besides the COD people telling me to get an Xbox, I've never really been teased much for it. But what if I was? I'm still proud to be a die-hard fan to probably one of the best games ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom