• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Generation V: Who's The Best Starter?

Unova Starter: Who's The Best Starter?

• Snivy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tepig

• Oshawott

• Total voters

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum? I hope you guys aren't staying up this late just to do a simple essay that you forgot to do today! :xd:

The title is pretty simple as it talks about one of the most asked questions in any generation of Pokémon, but for now, it will only focus on Gen V.

Who is the best starter from the famous trio?

Is it the cool, recognizable, slick Grass Type Snivy?

How about the energetic, powerful, tubby Fire Type Tepig?

Or could it be the adorable, cuddly, dependable Water Type Oshawott?

YOU DECIDE!!!!!!!

Please comment and vote on who you think is the best starter in your opinion! Mine would have to go to Oshawott for never letting me down once! He has the most balanced stats from the three, making him the only one without a weakness, base stat speaking. He's adorable and loves to be with me wherever I go! I recommend him for new trainers for the upcoming Black 2 and White 2 versions that will soon come out!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for commenting on this thread. It really means a lot to me and I hope you guys are having a terrific summer so far! Have a great evening! :)

Since I like Fire Starters very much, I chose Tepig. But I have to say Snivy is quite awsome once it's has its Dream world ability, and I use that quite alot. That said Emboar does become a Tank when trained properly, and I absolutely like it's Signature move Heat Crash which from my experience does alot of damage.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I chose Oshawott as my starter, and I don't regret it. Oshawott is a dependable Pokemon that is powerful as it is. I really felt strong having him evolve to an even more powerful Samurott. I liked most of his moves, and he wiped out the competition! Second would most likely be a tie between Tepig and Snivy. I can't decide!

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Althought I picked Tepig, I have to say Oshawott is the best because there aren't alot water types in Unova. Unlike past games, water pokemon are very slim & u don't even get a fishing rod until the after the main story is over. Unova doesn't have alot of water to explore either, so surf is more of an optional move than a required one. So since there aren't alot of water types, I'll always suggest getting Oshawott over the other 2

I usually don't evolve my starter during the game because I like a challenge, so picking my starter is really important to me when I play Pokemon. I have played little of my Pokemon Black; I admittedly am not into Pokemon anymore, but I chose Snivy because he looks like a BOSS.

Dan

Tepig he's so sexy !
I like a pig with fire, although I sort of dislike that he has more weakness dual to being both fighting and fire. :I

Tepig he's so sexy !
I like a pig with fire, although I sort of dislike that he has more weakness dual to being both fighting and fire. :I

YOU just called a pig sexy :lol: I can't get over how nutty you are. Do you produce nuts for candy bars ? :lol:

I love snivvy he's so cute.

Last edited:

Fiveoclock

Error 404- Life not found
Really, it depends on the rest of your team. For example, if your team is weak to fire, you will want Oshawott. That's how I decide.
But Tepig is best. He has the best typing and can easily sweep with Flame Charge.

Dan

YOU just called a pig sexy :lol: I can't get over how nutty you are. Do you produce nuts for candy bars ? :lol:

I love snivvy he's so cute.

I sure did ;) :lol::lol

Only problem is his defence isn't so good but he has a big health pool. :I

I personally chose Snivy as my starter and I believe it was for the better. The Unova starters are weaker than the traditional pack and it's therefore important to make an informed decision. Snivy and its evolutions are quick Pokemon and everyone knows the advantage of a strong first jab. Moves like Leaf Tornado, Leaf Blade, and Leaf Storm are learned early on which provides for some truly devastating combos. Oshawott comes in a close second for me since water Pokemon are a rarity in Gen V. I don't really see any specific advantages to Tepig.

Fig

The Altruist
It seems that it is a tie between all three 5th generation starters! I'm actually astonished (pun intended). :lol: :xd: Usually there's one dominant starter, one neutral starter, and one forgotten starter! I'm impressed that there is balance for once in the Pokémon world! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom