• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganon's Role in SS??

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Master Sword's Beginning? Why Not Ganondorf!

I just got a thought while starting to make a reply to Cameronx49's poll if Ganondorf should be in SS. Here's my idea: If the game explains the origins of the Master Sword, you know how it came to being, and stuff like that, shouldn't it also explain Ganondorf/Ganon's beginning too? I mean think about it. The Skyward Sword turns into the Master Sword, so basically it tells about it's beginning. Don't you think it should also tell the beginning of Ganondorf, and how he rose to (thinking he had) power? Thoughts?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Yes, I think that the game should do that. I think he needs to appear, not as the power-hungry boss, but as a child or a young teenager who's living in desert along with his Gerudo kind. I think somewhere down the line that the game(SS) should explain as to when and why he actually started to get power-hungry. WW kind of explained how he got his lust for power by him saying how he was jealous of how Hyrule was with green lands and such, and that he and his people were stuck with the harsh desert. But I think that's there's more to it than just that. Maybe something happened to him as a kid or teenager in the desert (or in Hyrule) that caused him to gain his thirst for the power of gold which ultimately led to what he is in OoT and so forth? I think that it's worth going into more depth with Ganondorf and actually knowing more about his past and get a better understanding than what we have now of how he became who he is ultimately known as.

So, all in all, yes, I think the game should explore Ganondorf's beginning. :)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Not at all, I'd actually like to see a new bad guy, plus if Ganon was around for the origin of the blade then you would think that he would somehow know more about it in the other games, and that he shouldn't mess around with it, In TP and other games he notes that it is an impresseive blade, but it's like he doesn't even know it's the bane of evil in most games... If he is around this time I think he should try to get rid of the MS or the spirit of the MS (whatever you wanna call her) if he doesn't try to prevent the reforging of the sword than he has no chance and it won't feel like he poses a threat. If they do decide to use him I hope that he is the craftiest ganon yet and that he really tries to pull the duo apart. But besides that I would rather see another Malladus (ganon knockoff). But yeah, honestly an original final boss would be prime, or as mentioned in some other threads I have heard that some people want Dark Link as a Final Boss although I'm not 100% stuck on that idea, although it would be cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing Vatti again, I think the new graphics would complement his design but I think that it's unlikely they will use him in SS since I think they have moved away from the Minish for now. For now all I can imagine is a dark force that has been slowly covering hyrule, which sounds like something ganon would do, but you never know, ganon wants to rule Hyrule not destroy it. Hopefully this darkness is more threatening somehow. Like the Age of Darkness Varen tried to create. oh yeah those are some other Final bosses I would love to see, Onyx and Varen in Hyrule? in 3D!? that would be epicness, however I dont think that's gunna happen either. If anything it's Ganon or an all new boss. All or nothing... somethin like that.

13foxes

I really want to know about Ganondorf past. I'm so excited just thinking about it. This will add very much to the story. But how can they make him involve to the main story and what role will he play? He couldn't be the main villain since he hasn't had any power. If he's just a NPC, it'll be kind of hard to know much about him. Personally I don't want to have Ganondorf as a villain, just a normal person, but for who-knows reasons turn into evil. And I want to see another side of Ganon, not as a demon or a monster.

That'd be pretty awesome to just chat up and have a cup of tea when ganondorf is like 14 years old. haha
But I think this is gonna be a looong way before he was born. Because in OoT it was the legendary master sword. Ganondorf is what, 30, 40 years old? Thats not old enough to be a legend.

13foxes

But I think this is gonna be a looong way before he was born. Because in OoT it was the legendary master sword. Ganondorf is what, 30, 40 years old? Thats not old enough to be a legend.

I always think that Gerudos have longer lifespans than Hylian. There's only one Gerudo male in a hundred years! So it's plausible that Ganondorf could appear in SS. What if SS take place about 9-10 years right before OoT? And maybe the Master Sword became legendary because of Link in SS? We'll never know.

The Master Sword isn't suppose to defeat Ganondorf exclusively. It is the blade of evil's bane, meaning that anyone evil enough can be defeated by it.

Do we know how long before OoT SS takes place? I know it's before as they have said but how long?

I'm thinking it could be 100 years before and if you remember it was said in OoT that Gannondorf was the first Gerudo male born in 100 years. What if this is the story of the Gerudo male before him?

D

dsp2000

Yes, I totally agree. I posted this same thing in a different thread a couple of days ago. I WOULD love to get Ganondorf's background in this new game. As I said in the other thread, we could see the Gerudo's preparing their celebration for the birth of their next male leader (Gandondorf) or as you mentioned we could see Ganondorf as a child and possibly see why he became such an evil man. I want Ganondorf in Skyward Sword regardless of whether or not he is the main bad guy. They could easily find a way to introduce the origin of Ganondorf in Skyward Sword and still have the game take place YEARS before OoT. IMO, Ganondorf being the king of Thieves is not a good enough explanation of his character. So I disagree with those who say we already know the origin of Ganondorf. I want to know WHY he became possessed with evil.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'd like to see no Ganondorf at all, a non-evil predecessor (who also happens to be called Ganondorf), or possibly a very young Ganondorf. But it would be difficult to have the same Ganondorf live through both games and have everything else about SS forgotten and the MS become legendary, so even though Ganondorf's childhood would be a good story, I don't think it would fit well in this game. They should save it for a comic or something.

To those who think SS could be shortly before OoT, that would imply that the Interloper War is the Hylian Civil War and that the King of Hyrule is SS Link (which would be why we never see him in OoT). Just sayin'.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not at all, I'd actually like to see a new bad guy, plus if Ganon was around for the origin of the blade then you would think that he would somehow know more about it in the other games, and that he shouldn't mess around with it, In TP and other games he notes that it is an impresseive blade, but it's like he doesn't even know it's the bane of evil in most games... If he is around this time I think he should try to get rid of the MS or the spirit of the MS (whatever you wanna call her) if he doesn't try to prevent the reforging of the sword than he has no chance and it won't feel like he poses a threat. If they do decide to use him I hope that he is the craftiest ganon yet and that he really tries to pull the duo apart. But besides that I would rather see another Malladus (ganon knockoff). But yeah, honestly an original final boss would be prime, or as mentioned in some other threads I have heard that some people want Dark Link as a Final Boss although I'm not 100% stuck on that idea, although it would be cool..
In TP, I don't even think he knew about the Master Sword, because Link warned the King about Ganondork beforehand. But yeah, if he does appear, he shouldn't be a boss of any kind, because he is still a Gerudo type dude who isn't crazy about Hyrule or anything. I'd love to see Dark Link as final boss, or penultimate boss, because he could be a final test for the Sword.

Austin

Austin
I was under the impression that had already been explained. He was the lone male Gerudo and thus destined to become their king, and although I haven't actually watched the scene in question, I've heard that near the end of WW Ganondorf goes into an entire monologue describing why he hates Hyrule. So I'd rather the game focus on the sword with next to no backstory then a villian that's taken the game's spotlight for the past however many years.

Beeker

Wild Card
I'd love Ganondorf's backstory to be explained even more.We have seen in Wind Waker that he is a human being and has motives... but I ( and i'm sure you guys do too) want to know how he got so power hungry, and what could have possibly happened to him in his life that created the evil man that he is. Though I'm not sure whether it would be told in this game.=\

The way I see it, I'd want this game to really explain about Ganondorf(have him as the main villain), OR not have Ganondorf in this game and have another villian(Perhaps one greater than Ganondorf? That's probably wishful thinking)>.>Just don't add him in like they did with TP.

L

LinktoDarkness

Definitely Ganondorf could make an appearance, though he will probably not be a villain. Maybe he could be a miniboss without a dungeon. Imagine that Link is trying to get to Gerudo desert and Ganondorf won't let him by until he proves his worth. They could fight with the traditional tennis ball match. This would be really creepy if Ganondorf ends up helping you in some way (you know, cause you really want to kill him b4 he gets a chance to be the evil king)

A good way to show why Ganondorf is evil would be that he suffers under some form of imperial system. Imagine that in this game the King of Hyrule is not a benevolent ruler, but an imperial ruler who is trying to consolidate power over the other people. The Gerudos may be under his onslaught, and they would be weak since they would lack a king (Ganondorf is too young!!). Maybe Ganondorf becomes insane after seeing the suffering of his people and he wants power to prevent these horrors from happening to his people again (the irony being that he causes suffering for the rest of Hyrule in OoT).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom