• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ganondorf's Origin?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
He does resemble Ganondorf a bit. He has rounded ears which is something Ganondorf had in OOT and manly sideburns like OOT Ganondorf. He also is very muscular like Ganondorf. The fire for hair is also the colour of Ganondorf hair. So he could be based on Ganon or have some design ideas. I don't know if he will reside in Ganondorf though, there are so many possibilities of how he could relate to Ganondorf in the future, but then again he could be completely unrelated. The reason I think he will be related to Ganon though is the fact that this game will explain why Ganondorf showed up. I do not believe those 4 chan rumours saying Ganondorf showed up because of zelda's wish. I think it will be because of some ancient evil, reincarnating. I support the theory that there is more than one ganondorf. Aounuma said there is one timeline, so FSA is canon to the timeline that SS and OOT are in. This would be impossible unless there are more than one Ganondorf's. One obtained the triforce of power and was born king of the Gerudo's the other obtained the trident and was not a Gerudo king. That means there is at least 2 Ganondorfs'.

Where does it say that the Ganon that obtained the Trident isn't the king of the Gerudos? And if this is the case let's remember the different time periods and so if he was king at one point he wouldn't be anymore due to time passing.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Where does it say that the Ganon that obtained the Trident isn't the king of the Gerudos? And if this is the case let's remember the different time periods and so if he was king at one point he wouldn't be anymore due to time passing.

''Ganondorf was to be the guardian of the Gerudo and the desert. However, his heart grew twisted with each passing year, and he became obsessed with obtaining power at any cost. The Gerudo now shun him because he disobeyed their laws and fled to the sacred Pyramid. There, he took the Trident and was transformed into Ganon by its dark magic.''

If he was to be the Guardian of the Gerudo, he never became that and was never a king as in OOT. In OOT his heart was as twisted as it could get, he was the king of evil. The Gerudo do not appear to exist in TP, probably wiped out when Ganondorf was captured. Which means FSA must have happened before then.

Guardian seems like it could be exchanged for king and could be used as such, seeing as a king has to guard his domain and his people. But yes, seeing this could imply some other Ganondorf besides the recurring one.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
The pure heart story was made during OoT that was after aLttP came out. :|
Huh? I'm quoting from aLttP's ending when Link touches the essence of the Triforce: (as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JU0C_l4aac, starting from 0:25)
aLttP ending said:
The Triforce will grant the wishes in the heart and mind of the person who touches it.
If a person with a good heart touches it, it will make his good wishes come true... If an evil-hearted person touches it, it grants his evil wishes. [...]
Of course it doesn't say anything about splitting and balance yet, but that was not the question here.

BTW I agree that the story can and should be mixed up a little. I mean the typical "Get three RGB crystal/pearl/... things, then you have access to the Master Sword... which leads to plot twist time! Beat even more temples and finally face Ganon(dorf)" system is getting a bit old. It was still fresh in aLttP where it was introduced, but then we had it again in OoT, WW and TP, and maybe even now in SS (replace Ganondorf with someone similar). This makes things a bit too predictable IMO.
I don't think that having a bit of a different base story would do much harm to the series. MM was totally different here but at least in my opinion, it still had the "Zelda feel" (and it's even my fav 3D Zelda game).

And why not having games in the Zelda Universe that feature other characters than Link as the main character? I mean it doesn't have to be an official "canon" game but more of a spin-off? If even Tingle gets his own games (I think he has already 3 now, if not then 2) why not a game starring Zelda or Ganon as main characters?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Interesting idea...

He very much looks like The Imprisoned, with all the "scaly" features on him. And his sword looks like a demented Master Sword. Maybe he IS The Imprisoned, because we (I think) were told that he has different forms.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
I would be willing to bet very large sums of money that no one but Link will ever obtain the triforce of courage in the history of the franchise.

How much? Because Ganon obtained it in A Link to the Past. xD

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Does it really matter? Not going to argue because he had each piece to complete the entire Triforce. Plus if you want to be technical then the keeper of the Triforce in AoL had THE ONE PIECE before Link obtained it.

Does it really matter? Not going to argue because he had each piece to complete the entire Triforce. Plus if you want to be technical then the keeper of the Triforce in AoL had THE ONE PIECE before Link obtained it.

The Triforce wasn't split in ALttP so he never had to hunt down the pieces. The Triforce was whole and he found it and made a wish. And the keeper of the Triforce piece isn't the same as the Chosen holder. Midna had the Triforce of Wisdom in TP for a time but she still wasn't its chosen holder, Zelda was. Though the keeper had it, Link was the one chosen by the piece and therefore when he acquired it he had it's blessings and abilities while the keeper only had possession of it until that time. And yes the small things in the story do matter because it is the small things that can make or break the story.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
The Triforce wasn't split in ALttP so he never had to hunt down the pieces. The Triforce was whole and he found it and made a wish. And the keeper of the Triforce piece isn't the same as the Chosen holder. Midna had the Triforce of Wisdom in TP for a time but she still wasn't its chosen holder, Zelda was. Though the keeper had it, Link was the one chosen by the piece and therefore when he acquired it he had it's blessings and abilities while the keeper only had possession of it until that time. And yes the small things in the story do matter because it is the small things that can make or break the story.

Did I ever say "chosen holder" or "reside in"? NO. My whole point in that post was sarcasm in reply to JucieJ as Link was not the only one to have ever obtain it, whether that means guard it, touch it, it being part of the entire Triforce or whatever. Stop putting words into my mouth.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I doubt it. This guy is most certainly the King of Darkness, so he's going to be sealed in the Mirror of Twilight like the rest of the Dark Tribe at the end of Skyward Sword. I don't see how that would play into why Ganondorf shows up in OoT.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I doubt it. This guy is most certainly the King of Darkness, so he's going to be sealed in the Mirror of Twilight like the rest of the Dark Tribe at the end of Skyward Sword. I don't see how that would play into why Ganondorf shows up in OoT.

I actually doubt he will be sealed in the mirror of twilight. I think Ghirahim(if he's not the sword) and the rest of the tribe will be sealed. That King of Darkness would have have been in Twilight princess if he was sealed, and he bears no resemblance to any Twili, who are tall and slender like Ghirahim. I don't know how he will be dealt with but I think he could relate to Ganon, there are all sorts of things they could do so as of yet I have no theory on how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom