• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming gaps you want to fill

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
We all have our share of blind spots in our gaming history that we may or may not want to fill. That said, what are some of your gaps that you actually have an interest in correcting? It could a game series or genre you think you should be into but haven't played yet, or even gaming hardware/a console's library you're interested in.

I've never really played any Valve games so maybe I'd like to try Half-Life or something in the future. I've also never owned anything Xbox but I'm not as interested in filling that gap.

DivineDragoness

Bombergirl Xtreme
I'm gonna have to play some Metal Gear games at some point. My brothers had them all on a Playstation 3 when I was little, but they were long gone by the time I was playing games by myself.

I can't say I ever really gravitated towards stealth as a game mechanic, but Metal Gear seems like one of those legacy IPs that hold up even after decades. I'm really hoping I have time for them by the time those Switch ports are out.

Also Kojima gives off heavy mad scientist vibes with his games and I kinda love it.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I skipped Pikmin 3 when it came out, as I had no reason to get a WiiU when it launched. Now with 4 out, I want to go back & finish 3. I had only dabbled on it with my partner's WiiU back in the day, but never beat it since the console was constantly passed around his younger family members. I know the ending & everything else, but actually beating it myself like Pikmin 1-2 would be more satisfying, I think.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I’m definitely gonna get that Metal Gear collection when it comes out because I always wanted to get into those games. I finally started to get more into Metroid and Pikmin this year too. Yakuza, Persona, Uncharted, Nier, Xenoblade, and Mass Effect are also some big ones in my backlog. My friend is really into Horizon and I have been trying so hard to get into Zero Dawn but I have never been big on open world sandbox games so it’s a really tough pill to swallow for me.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
There are definitely a few franchises I've only dabbled in that I want to play more of. Metroid, Pikmin, The Elder Scrolls, The Witcher, Metal Gear, Castlevania, Dragon Quest, and Mega Man come to mind. With those franchises it's either me finding them quite hard or overly long that's prevented me from going deeper, but they all look interesting to me, and I've enjoyed what I played of them in the past even if only for a few hours.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The Trails series is on my radar but who knows when I'll take the plunge. From what I know, I probably wouldn't like the gameplay and that keeps me away. I don't care how good the story is, I need to be having fun playing the game. Xenoblade is in the same spot. Maybe one day I'll actually try them...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
dawg you just said you enjoy walking. You will probably enjoy anything remotely similar
You would THINK, right? But turn based combat and especially Xeno's mmo style of autoattacks and skill spam do not count as fun for me. I could walk around making all the numbers go up that I like but that kind of primary combat system will burn me out fast. Meanwhile everything about BotW/TotK is fun so even walking around aimlessly feels fun. There's nuance!

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Metal Gear and Final Fantasy, mostly. I've played a few FFs but none of the ones considered "classics" or "must plays." As far as Metal Gear goes, it's just been Rising for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom