• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword FYI a Game Breaking Glitch Has Been Discovered

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Wow, good to know.. I just finished my first playthrough, and I went to Lanayru first without really thinking much of it. o_O I tried going to Faron first, thinking you had to follow the "order" you visited them, but when I saw the gates closed I figured it meant that I had to go to the other dragons first before Faron opened or something. Luckily I didn't trigger the glitch and had no problems, but I'm starting Hero Mode now and I guess I'll play it safe and change the order.

I'm glad that I didn't have this problem. I took my time beating skyward sword so I could enjoy it; having to start over due to this glitch would be irritating :D

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I recently decided to test this out, doing the Song of the Hero quest in the order Thunder, Water, Fire. I learned the Thunder Dragon part, saved, spoke to Golo in Lanayru Mine, and went to Eldin Volcano; the event didn't trigger. So I reset, loaded up my last save, and then went to Eldin Volcano without speaking to Golo, and then the event triggered without any issues! I was lucky to not come across this glitch on my first playthrough; that would have been infuriating. I still find it strange that a glitch like this occurs by speaking to someone; it would make more sense that the game would become unbeatable after saving in a bad spot, like the infamous cannon glitch in Twilight Princess.

Thank goodness I started with the Water Dragon. I just talked with Golo on my second playthrough, and it was AFTER I did the other events, I guess. Anyway, never wanted to start with the Lanayru Province anyway. I always go on the order the game suggests or in the order of places I first visited, if that makes any sense... Too bad for those who suffered the glitch.

Eluinn

Link's Alter Ego
I saw "spoiler" and wasn't going to click it but now I'm glad I did. I just got the game for Christmas and I would be pissed if the game glitched on me. I guess I'll have to be careful of which one I do first.

L

LoZ Nerd 1.7

o_O im sooooo glad i didnt do this part of the hero song first

I read that in order to avoid the game breaking glitch, you should NOT go to Lanayru first when retrieving the parts of the Song of the Hero. Also I read that if you did do that first, that you should avoid talking to the goron in the Eldin Volcano until you retrieve the other parts of the song.

T

Tranceparty455

That's right. Apparently there's a game-ending glitch near the end of Skyward Sword during the Song of the Hero quest (reminiscent of the canon glitch in Twilight Princess). It's unconfirmed why it happens, but it's believed it can be triggered by doing Lanayru's portion before Faron and Eldin's. So if you're at this portion of the game, be aware of this and save an extra file just in case.

i don't really know why im here saying this... but...

your signature is awesome!! LOL its funny as hell, so true!!

I did this glitch and i fixed it by the Nintendo Skyward Sword downloadable channel but there is no point in this glitch so i would not recommend it.

M

Mrnintendopwn

That is why you need to beat the game in the order it was meant to be beaten...

S

SweFish

Did Nintendo ever release a patch to this in any other region than in Japan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom