• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future weapons!!

• Thread starter God Of Lightning
  • Start date
G

God Of Lightning

I was wondering, what items/weapons should be made into the next zelda game. I was thinking maybe an item that makes certain monsters your allies!

Well princess twilight did something different with combining items such as the bow and bombs, maybe we'll see that in the new wii game with different items, like maybe a lantern and bow/arrow would combine into a fire arrow? I would have liked to see that in princess.

linkman8

True and Noble
Maybe some day they'll make magic a weapon in the game. Not in the form of fire arrows, ice arrows, and the like, but in the form of actual light rays or ice clouds, etc fired from your hand. Just an idea.

Then wouldn't it be too easy to kill enemies, it'll just be like what happened with phantom hourglass and the hammer, hammer kills everything in that game except bellum,which i thought it made getting everything else easy to get, such as spirit gems and ship parts

linkman8

True and Noble
Well they'd obviously have to tweak the magic powers so they weren't all-powerful or make it so the enemies aren't all that vulnerable to them, and whatnot. It's not like they'd be like a cheat code, they'd have limitations.

Well if thats true maybe they could make it so it uses up a lot of magic each time u do it so then it could be strong without being godly.

linkman8 said:
Maybe some day they'll make magic a weapon in the game. Not in the form of fire arrows, ice arrows, and the like, but in the form of actual light rays or ice clouds, etc fired from your hand. Just an idea.

Have you not played Adventure of Link nor A Link to the Past? AoL had several spells that harmed enemies and ALttP had Bombos, Quake, and Ether.

Edit : And huh...Dins Fire could harm enemies Oo

linkman8

True and Noble
Have you not played Adventure of Link nor A Link to the Past? AoL had several spells that harmed enemies and ALttP had Bombos, Quake, and Ether.
I never finished AoL, and yes, I have played ALTTP. The Bombos, Quake, and Ethers aren't like what I was talking about. Just think: Link being able to fire fireballs or lightning rays at a single opponent in 3D. I think it would be cool.

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
I think it would be cool for Link to actually use the Triforce of Courage in the form of magic... for once...

I mean, I don't see Ganondorf or Zelda running around trying to get items to make themselves better (other than Ganondorf getting the Trident of Power [Four Swords Adv. & A Link To The Past]).

Yeah he should be able to...Hopefully we'll see something along those lines in the next Zelda...I know SSMB has Link using the triforce as attacks..hmm

linkman8

True and Noble
Yeah, that's another thing I never really understood. Ganondorf can use the Triforce of Power to turn into Ganon, the giant pig, while Link can't really use his Triforce of Courage. I mean, the Triforce of Courage should have some powers at least.

the only power that i see the triforce of courage having is well, none, i think it's more of a symbol of the gods deeming link worthy of the master sword or worthy of obtaining the master sword's true power.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
The Triforce of Courage, gives Link courage..?

Maybe since he has the triforce peace, he is able to go about his quest, gather items, equiptment, and fight off all the differet monsters. Maybe if he never had his triforice piece, he would just be a wimp who was scared. That wouldn't be much of a video game now would it.

Imagine if they made a modern day Zelda game. Well, modern being like, taking place in the real world from like 250 years ago. Link being able to use a pistol or musket, haha. I think if anything could ruin the Zelda series, this would be it.

I'd like to see my magic of some sorts with any of the various elements that you seen in other fantasy adventures. Like in previous games with the fire rod or ice rod. How about some sort of water or lightening attack. Maybe this is too pokemon-ish, but we should give Link some Psychic powers, hehe. I'm sure they could implement a bit more magic and use it creatively.

linkman8

True and Noble
Hm.. Psychic powers... I've got it! Implement them into the game in the same form as they were in the game called "Second Sight", where you can use telekinesis, psy blasts, posession, etc. It could be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom