• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viral Maze said:
I'm going to continue to refrain from posting my reasons (there is a reason why, now is just not the time).

This strikes me as suspicious. Why are you choosing to refrain from supporting your posts? While he was proven to be town, this also threw me off about Kybyrian's posts-he failed to be straightforward and banked his game plan on vague intuition. While it ultimately paid off, he required evidence later on to bolster his position.

Vote: Normal Day

No need to curtail discussion with excessively long days.

Darknut_Hunter said:
A) Vote for monkey because a few posts that are possibly scum, and very erratic, not to mention his in-activeness, though it's increased slightly.
D) Vote Viral Maze for his rather odd, and fairly scummy actions.

I'm leaning towards one of those options.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
What constitutes as a 'normal length day?'. Honestly, I say have no set deadlines unless discussion stagnates. With a set deadline, newer (less experienced) players tend to say "Oh, I have 10 days till the night period, so I'll post my thoughts tomorrow".

I agree with Garo about Monkey though. Looking at his age (13), and the fact that I've never seen him play a mafia game at ZD at all, and his current playstyle, he seems more inexperienced than scummy.
Speaking of voting off inactives if worst comes to worst, Raindrop, who are the players you need to find replacements for?

It's quite obvious how MFS is suspicious. Also, you're making a huge generalization with that statement. Voting in itself isn't suspicious, but you're completely ignoring the times he voted, his activity, where the people who he voted were at when he voted for them, how heavily they were suspected, ect. First of all, he was completely inactive. Then, he came and voted for me. I was suspected at the time, and he voted for me soon after Garo had stated that he was suspicious of me. He hid in the shadows, and bandwagoned on me. This is what newbie mafia typically do; hide in the shadows and bandwagon. Then, after ALIT's behavior is pointed out, he comes and voted for him. Again, same thing. Lurking in the shadows and bandwagoning on people so they don't get noticed is very common among newbie Mafia member. He fits this description very well, and i'm quite sure MFS is a newb.

It's also easy to see how this behavior is detrimental to the town. Being inactive in itself is very unhelpful to the town, but he has also been voting almost randomly for no reason, and just because people have been suspected. Following the crowd and randomly voting is harmful to the town, especially because he can be easily manipulated by the Mafia.

I half agree with you. He does seem very inexperienced. But inexperienced mafia? That's a stretch from the information we have currently... An inexperienced town player is just as likely to vote for you yesterday as an inexperienced mafia would be, in my opinion. Voting on basis of 'least resistance' (easiest vote) coupled with inexperience don't necessarily mean one is mafia.
I can see it being detrimental in a lylo (lynch or lose) situation, but not during Day 2, especially when there are bigger targets out there.

This strikes me as suspicious. Why are you choosing to refrain from supporting your posts? While he was proven to be town, this also threw me off about Kybyrian's posts-he failed to be straightforward and banked his game plan on vague intuition. While it ultimately paid off, he required evidence later on to bolster his position.

Mafia are also playing this game... There are certain things I'd like see how they play out without the influence of the reason for my vote (for whatever it's worth).

As for TMS, he is leaning town for me. In all honesty, if DracoMajora is mafia, so is Garo. Just putting that out there so I don't forget later.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Speaking of voting off inactives if worst comes to worst, Raindrop, who are the players you need to find replacements for?

PK Flash, zelda_geek, and possibly Linkdude74.

Current Vote tally:

2 - MonkeyFightSquad (Furie. TheMasterSword)
1 - A Link In Time (MonkeyFightSquad)
1 - Dracomajora (Viral Maze)

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes for a majority lynch. The day ends on 12/12/12 at 11:00PM ET

Day length tally:

Normal – 3
Longer –
Shorter –

Kirino

Tatakae
A) Vote for monkey because a few posts that are possibly scum, and very erratic, not to mention his in-activeness, though it's increased slightly.

This seems like a good enough idea to me. MFS seems like Mafia based on his actions, and the town would barley be losing anything even if he is town. He hasn't even defended himself yet.

:cool: Vote for TMS based on Kyby's suspicions, which, let's face it, while good, aren't the best reason to lynch.

Not just Ky's suspiciouns. He's been acting very scummy in general. Hypocritial posts, inability to properly defend himself, making weak and unfounded claims and votes, ect. Another good idea. Most likely scum.

C) Vote for Dracomajora for the same reasons as voting TMS

Well of course i'm not going to recommend lynching myself. To be honest, most of the evidence against me is very weak. Pretty much the only reason to vote for me would be because I defended Axle, which definitely isn't enough for a lynch. Besides, i'm the one that Ky suspected least. Thus far, I have been able to perfectly defend and explain myself, and all my actions as well.

D) Vote Viral Maze for his rather odd, and fairly scummy actions.

I doubt he's waiting to give evidence against me. If he was, I see no reason why he wouldn't just do it now. He's probably going to claim a power role, quite possibly the cop. We should probably wait until he gives us his reasons. Go ahead. I have nothing to be afraid of. But yeah, probably Mafia, especially if he claims like I expect him to.

Because of reasons mentioned above, I am in favor of plans A and B. I would be equally in favor of plan D, but I think it's fair that VM at least gets a chance to reveal his reasons.

I half agree with you. He does seem very inexperienced. But inexperienced mafia? That's a stretch from the information we have currently... An inexperienced town player is just as likely to vote for you yesterday as an inexperienced mafia would be, in my opinion. Voting on basis of 'least resistance' (easiest vote) coupled with inexperience don't necessarily mean one is mafia.
I can see it being detrimental in a lylo (lynch or lose) situation, but not during Day 2, especially when there are bigger targets out there.

Since I believe you are mafia, you defending MFS makes me more confident in both of your alignments.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Current Vote tally:

3 - MonkeyFightSquad (Furie, TheMasterSword, GirlWithAFairy)

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes for a majority lynch. The day ends on 12/12/12 at 11:00PM ET

Day length tally:

Normal – 5
Longer –
Shorter –

It appears that the day will end as planned thus far. ;)

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm going to continue to refrain from posting my reasons (there is a reason why, now is just not the time). It's not helpful, I know, but bare with me. Also, I'm hoping Garo posts in here. He has been online a fair amount (that I've noticed) and has yet to post. I just want an answer to the question I asked him earlier.

Garo has already posted, but I don't think you've given any pertinent response to the reason that you voted for Dracomajora as if on the fly. You pretty much only touched on the point that Garo presented and then moved away from that--not even bothering to answer my own requisitions. You've been very evasive and doubtlessly were hoping to stall me and/or other players. Do you or do you not have tangible evidence that merits suspicion on Draco?

Kirino

Tatakae
Garo has already posted, but I don't think you've given any pertinent response to the reason that you voted for Dracomajora as if on the fly. You pretty much only touched on the point that Garo presented and then moved away from that--not even bothering to answer my own requisitions. You've been very evasive and doubtlessly were hoping to stall me and/or other players. Do you or do you not have tangible evidence that merits suspicion on Draco?

I've seen this really often in Mafia games, and i'm starting to get sick of it. "I have reasons, but I can't say them now." If I remember correctly, these kind of things usually end people claiming a power role. I would have to look back at previous Mafia games i've played in to check and see how these situations turned out.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Because of reasons mentioned above, I am in favor of plans A and B. I would be equally in favor of plan D, but I think it's fair that VM at least gets a chance to reveal his reasons.

Since I believe you are mafia, you defending MFS makes me more confident in both of your alignments.

I don't like this whole quote. You say at one point you think I'm scum, along with MFS, and yet you don't vote for me (or him)? Because you want me to reveal my reasons? Either I'm scum and I'm lying (meaning my reasons are ********), thus you vote for me; or you don't think I'm scum/are on the fence and let me defend myself. You're trying too hard to be a townie.

Raindrop, I vote for an extension to the day. Prod, poke, badger all the inactives, because honestly, it's just 5 of us that are actually trying to play this game. A short day is not conducive to good play (or a fun game). There should be a post quota to encourage players to post or something. I recall doing something like in one of my games (can't remember if it was on ZD, or not). But of course, as the mod, it's all up to you. That's just my opinion.

If worst comes to worst, and there is no extension, I say we vote for an inactive. Fig, rachel, furie or zack. Durion is leaning townie so I don't intend to vote for him. Either that, or vig em.

Just wondering though, who believes at least one of Axel's scumbuddies was on the DH wagon yesterday?
5 - Darknut_Hunter (Axle the Beast, Pendio, GaroXicon, Dracomajora, GirlWithAFairy)

Good chance, or bad chance that one of the four remaining players is scum?

I'm going to reread the thread when I have time. The main reason I'm asking for an extension is because I had an exam Monday, and have two finals on Thursday, giving me effectively two days to study for the two of them, meaning I only log onto ZD during my breaks to check Mafia, and even then, don't have enough time to post (until now, 12midnight my time). I'd rather not let Day 2 slip by after we hit 2 mafiosos last night. Anyways, that's my appeal. Not saying extend Day 2 another week, just saying an extra day or two would be wonderful especially since not everyone has posted yet (I wonder why).

I'm stuck in deadlock regarding ViralMaze and DracoMajora. I believe it's the Kybyrian-Axle situation over again. One of them appears to be mafia with both playing a shady game and we townies will need to take a risk and choose one or the other. Last day we were correct in trusting Wyatt but it's not as obvious a choice with these two.

Also, don't waste your votes on Monkey. He's not scum and while detrimental, we need to weed out mafia first.

EBWODP

Viral Maze said:
If worst comes to worst, and there is no extension, I say we vote for an inactive. Fig, rachel, furie or zack.

Nah. Let the inactive be modkilled.

DracoMajora said:
Well of course i'm not going to recommend lynching myself. To be honest, most of the evidence against me is very weak. Pretty much the only reason to vote for me would be because I defended Axle, which definitely isn't enough for a lynch. Besides, i'm the one that Ky suspected least. Thus far, I have been able to perfectly defend and explain myself, and all my actions as well.

By defending Axle adamantly, you're potentially scum. Also, Axle used words similar to the bolded in your above post prior to his death.

Axle the Beast said:
Regarding your statement about DH... yeah you're damn right I want people to lynch him over me. I don't want to die, and I think he's scummy. Do the math.

FoS: DracoMajora

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
If worst comes to worst, and there is no extension, I say we vote for an inactive. Fig, rachel, furie or zack. Durion is leaning townie so I don't intend to vote for him. Either that, or vig em.

So, you and your buddy get backed into a corner, and you call for an extension. The extension doesn't go through, you call for an inactive vote, which, as a Link_In_Time has stated, might be better suited for a mod kill. Seems like you're doing everything you can to deter the votes away from you and MFS.

Also, aren't there more inactives than just the four of us? And you consider me inactive although I've put my word in a few days ago? I've been inactive because I'm new to this game, and so far the things I've been contributing haven't really been all that helpful.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Raindrop, I vote for an extension to the day. Prod, poke, badger all the inactives, because honestly, it's just 5 of us that are actually trying to play this game. A short day is not conducive to good play (or a fun game). There should be a post quota to encourage players to post or something. I recall doing something like in one of my games (can't remember if it was on ZD, or not). But of course, as the mod, it's all up to you. That's just my opinion.

It appears you are correct in saying that there are few of you who are playing at current. I do understand inactivity as the day decends into night, so that could be most reasons for some. I shall send out some messages, asking if they are still willing to play.

Current Vote tally:

3 - MonkeyFightSquad (Furie, TheMasterSword, GirlWithAFairy)

Day length tally:

Normal – 5
Longer – 1
Shorter –

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
So, you and your buddy get backed into a corner, and you call for an extension. The extension doesn't go through, you call for an inactive vote, which, as a Link_In_Time has stated, might be better suited for a mod kill. Seems like you're doing everything you can to deter the votes away from you and MFS.
I don't think I'm likely to get voted off today. Trust me. Unless the rest of the town decides to be dumb/not care. I don't want to mislynch a townie, and I'd like to get the most out of this day, which is very tough to do when only a handful of 18 survivors are actually playing and posting more than fluff.

Also, aren't there more inactives than just the four of us? And you consider me inactive although I've put my word in a few days ago? I've been inactive because I'm new to this game, and so far the things I've been contributing haven't really been all that helpful.
I just chose the 5-6 players with the lowest post counts. Durion and Monkey were part of that too, but as I've stated, they're both leaning town currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom