• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Four Swords Adventure- What Did You Like and Dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I have played Four Swords Adventure many times and my favorite parts of the game are how almost all the bosses are different bosses from Windwaker and many of the characters such as the Great Fairy are how they look in Windwaker. I also liked how the map was the same as A link to the past and the areas you went to looked like in A link to the past. But I disliked how to play more then two people every one had to have a Game boy connected. And how many of the areas there were no real hints or anything to help you threw the levels.

I also hated how you couldn't freely roam you had to go level by level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Being a spin-off, I actually enjoyed it. Yeah, it was annoying when you couldn't just free roam, but overall still a fun and addicting game. It was aggravating when you didn't know where to go, and no hints to tell you. You can't save in the middle of a level, so a lot of the time I would just quit.

O

Okamiguy17

I thought it was good I wish it was like link to the past and not level by level though!

Len

Zelda On Paper
well i

like:
the arsenal (specially the hammers and the swords) the dungeons and levels

i didn't like:
the you have to get GBA's to play multyplayer that is what i did hate of all

PS: if nintendo will make another multiplayer game i would appreciate them to use the formal controlls to play it 'multiplayer' they whant us to waste money in GBAs, GBA cables and all that stuff, really why they did choose to use the GBAs instead of the GC controllers, why?

Last edited:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well, what I liked about the game was the fact that you could control four separate Links. It was different concept of playing compared to other Zeldas. I also liked the sounds that each of the individual Links made. They were so cute! :xd: /end girlish behavior.

What I didn't like about the game was the fact that if you wanted to play multiplayer on it, each person had to have a GBA to do it. I don't want to have to go out and get four GBAs just to play multiplayer on FSA. It just isn't worth it. :(

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
The Good - I liked the quick level style gameplay. Now, I wouldn't want this for every Zelda title, but I'm a very busy person and sometimes can't affort 3 hours of gameplay time to really get into a major Zelda title. FSA allowed me to play a Zelda game in little affordable chunks of free time. I was able to save at a major break in the game and not feel that I was interrupting the story.

The Bad - The Blue Maiden Village. I don't know why but I just couldn't quickly and easily solve that place. Combined with the very repetative music, I got frustrated quickly. The whole Moon Pearl and the alternate dimension was a throwback to the Light / Dark World of ALttP I'm sure, but it was awkwardly done in comparison.

I was also not fond of the mini-boss battle music. It was clumsy and goofy. It really didn't fit the rest of the music of the game considering how good those ALttP remixes were. (Which I suppose I can add to the good as well!)

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
The whole Moon Pearl and the alternate dimension was a throwback to the Light / Dark World of ALttP I'm sure, but it was awkwardly done in comparison.

While on the subject, here's a fun fact. Okay, so it's not a fun fact, more like a fun image comparison and you can conclude the fact =)

2886_1081694815.png
FSA_Overworld.jpg

OMG

I enjoyed FSA. I enjoyed it more playing it with friends, but it was still a fairly enjoyable single player game as well. The remixes were good and the game-play was alright. You can tell from playing both games that it was truly intended for > one person to play (If you couldn't conclude that from the title anyway).

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I liked FSA a lot eventhough I could only play the single player. I had to get used to controlling 4 links at the same time, but it was really fun to think out all of the puzzles by using the 4 links seperatly. And since FSA was the first 2D-ish zelda game I played *hides in shame*, it made me want to try other 2D zelda games instead of sort of 'hating' them.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
While on the subject, here's a fun fact. Okay, so it's not a fun fact, more like a fun image comparison and you can conclude the fact =)

2886_1081694815.png
FSA_Overworld.jpg

OMG

I enjoyed FSA. I enjoyed it more playing it with friends, but it was still a fairly enjoyable single player game as well. The remixes were good and the game-play was alright. You can tell from playing both games that it was truly intended for > one person to play (If you couldn't conclude that from the title anyway).
Dabombster has a point. The maps look similar in comparison. The Desert, etc. The game also has several alttp remixes, one of them being the Dark World theme.

Zarom

The King
I like: The puzzles (some really tough ones! :S), the bosses and mini-bosses, being able to control 4 Links that each have a different voice! I liked the ideas of having levels. I liked the Dark World too and the whole concept about the Force Gems.

I dislike: Not being able to freely roam where we want. The lack of story. The game was a little too easy. And that we need to have GBAs to play with other people.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Really the story never started until the dekus started talking about Ganon and in the desert where you find out Ganondorf went to get the trident of Power which probably turned him into Ganon as seen in the end.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Four Swords Adventure is actually my favourite in the series. It looked beautiful and I was glad they used TWWesque graphics for it.

The Bad - The Blue Maiden Village. I don't know why but I just couldn't quickly and easily solve that place. Combined with the very repetative music, I got frustrated quickly. The whole Moon Pearl and the alternate dimension was a throwback to the Light / Dark World of ALttP I'm sure, but it was awkwardly done in comparison.

OMG!

I am still stuck on that level... :(

But I really enjoy the game and its pretty fun. It is kinda ******** that you need 4 GBA's to play multiplayer...

Maybe if i beat that damn level I can actually say something :P

Shnappy

derp
I think that the best thing about this game was the graphics. They were probably the best 2D graphics I've seen in most games, they simply blew me away. Other than that, just mainly the fun it is to be controlling more than one Link, and the twists that that feature has on some of the puzzles in the game. Also, because you had four Links to control, and four more sword to swing, there were points where you had to fight literally hundreds of enemies at once, and it was awesome to plow through them. I also enjoyed the multiplayer in this game. It's not often that Zelda has multiplayer, and I believe it has only been a part of FS, FSA, and PH. I never really often played the main story of FSA with multiple players, but I've spent hours fighting against my brother in multiplayer. It's a lot of fun, I think, and I remember it being rather addicting.

As for dislike, there weren't really a bunch of little things that annoyed me, but overall I disliked that the game seemed, too, say, repetitive. A lot of the puzzles were the same, and the different levels didn't have too much variation, and they all had the same goal, get to the end with 2,000 rupees. Also, I found the final boss fight irritating. It wasn't hard or anything, but it took forever! Too much of doing the same thing over and over again until the fight was finally to the part with Zelda, and the balls of light, and eventually the end of the fight. I'd rather be disappointed when a fight ends because it was fun, and didn't like that I wasn't fighting anymore, than being glad when it was over because I didn't have much fun and wanted it to be over.

Overall, there was more good than bad about this game. But there's something about every Zelda game that irritates me, and I think that this game wasn't as good as most other Zelda games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom