• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Zelda Released in Your Lifetime?

Browsing profiles on this forum, it occurred to me that most members were not even alive when the first few Zelda games were released and that probably has a lot to do with how different members feel about the games.

LoZ was released in Japan in Feb. 1986 and I was born in Nov. 1986. The game made it to the states in 1987. I was a baby when LoZ was released, but I remember playing it on the NES when I was a little kid.

The question is what was the first Zelda game realeased in your lifetime?

For reference the release years are as follows (you may have to google the exact dates to see if a game was before your birthday, but this should help narrow it down)

LoZ = 1986, AoL=1987, ALttP = 1991, LA= 1993, OoT=1998, MM=2000, OoA & OoS = 2001, FS & WW = 2002, FSA & MC = 2004, (doubt anyone is younger than 5 but, TP = 2006, PH = 2007, ST = 2009, and Unknown Wii game = 2010)

I especially want to hear from other oldies who were born before ANY Zelda's were released.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
*Raises hand.*

The first Legend of Zelda relased in my lifetime was the original "Legend of Zelda." I actually remember when the NES was a shiny new thing. I was about 7 years old at the time, but didn't actually get my NES or LoZ until I was around 10.

I grew up on the Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link to a degree, and Super Mario Bros... and Super Mario 3... (kind of skipped getting 2). What other games did I have? Oh, yeah, I got something called "Dragon Spirit" for getting good grades... a Jurrassic Park game for one of my birthdays...

And I had a frickin' Game Genie. Remember those? I liked making Mario walk on the sky in Super Mario Bros. 3 with that.

I digress.

Yes, my first Zelda was LoZ, and I'm an old fart.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
A Link to the Past was the first out after I was born.

I never played it until about 10 years after its release though.

I grew up on the Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link to a degree, and Super Mario Bros... and Super Mario 3... (kind of skipped getting 2). What other games did I have? Oh, yeah, I got something called "Dragon Spirit" for getting good grades... a Jurrassic Park game for one of my birthdays...

And I had a frickin' Game Genie. Remember those? I liked making Mario walk on the sky in Super Mario Bros. 3 with that.

I digress.

Yes, my first Zelda was LoZ, and I'm an old fart.

I definitely remember game genie. Don't remember what you could use it for on LoZ though

I grew up on Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link, therefore The Legend of Zelda (Hyrule Fantasy to be exact) was the first in my life time.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I don't think Game Genie had any uses for the Zelda titles. I just remember I could do loads of crap in the Super Mario Bros. games with it. I don't think it had any Zelda uses, or at least, I don't recall using it for Zelda, myself.

Here's a few for LoZ...

AIIOOV
TIIOOV
YIIOOV
IIIOOV
GIIOOV
LIIOOV
ZIIOOV
PIIOOV
TTIOOV
ITIOOV
IYIOOV

Start with 24 bombs
Start with the potion
Start with the wand
Start with the meat
Start with the whistle
Start with a green candle
Start with the bow
Start with a very strong arrow (can't kill Ganon)
Start with 24 keys
Start with 24 coins
Money goes up once in a while

Original The Legend of Zelda was first Zelda title in my lifetime and it was also first Zelda title I got to play, but I really didn't catch Zelda fandom until A Link to the Past and finally gave my soul with Ocarina of Time. I loved Game Genie .. I remember using that thing with Megaman and Black Manta ninja game. I miss times before internet walkthroughs, secret guides and such. You really feld special when you knew some secret your friends didn't.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Adventure of Link was the first one to be released after I was born.... well, over here anyway. It was already long out in Japan.
It was also my first Zelda game, so it's fitting. :)

Ikana

Trollkastel
Mine would be the Ocarina of Time.I was like three when it came out.To me it was one of the best zelda games.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
A Link to the Past was released when I was two years old, and, two years after that, it was the first game I ever played.
18 years after it's release, I finally got the SNES version of it

I was also born in 1995, in may. OoT was the first game released during my lifetime, but i had played ALttP before. When i got a 64, i was maybe 5, and i loved OoT.

Ive been playing Zelda ever since.

Kazumi

chagy
Well. Let me see. The first Zelda game that was released in my lifetime would be Ocarina of Time. As I was born not to many years before it. I never got to play it though, until I purchased it on the Wii Shop Channel, but then I got it again for my N64 about a year ago. But I didn't actually play a Zelda game till about a year after Wind Waker was released, when I played that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom