• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Zelda Released in Your Lifetime?

13foxes

I wasn't a long time Zelda fan, because I was only about 2 years old when OoT was released. Of course I was too young back then, and I had no idea what Zelda is. But when I was 8 or 9, I played Alttp and it sucked me into the franchise. I got the SNES version of the game. So, OoT was the first game in my lifetime, but it's not the first game I played.

Austin

Austin
Link's Awakening. I was born four months before the Japanese release and six months before the North American. I didn't start playing Zelda until the N64 was out and OoT was released.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Same as PJDEP, Link's Awakening was the first Zelda to be released in my lifetime.
And, same again I didn't start playing them until the N64 versions were made. The earlier games just didn't really appeal to me back then, how wrong I was!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game released in my time, and the first Zelda game (or possibly the first game) I ever played. It was just great, running around Hyrule Field.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
The first Zelda to be released in Japan in my lifetime was aLttP (AoL came out in Japan half a year before I was born), for US release dates it was the original LoZ (I wasn't even a month old back then), the same goes for the EU release (almost 4 months after I was born). But the first one I played was aLttP, and that wasn't before 1994 when I was already 6 or 7.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
In my lifetime? The Adventure of Link. I was born in '87, a year after The Hyrule Fantasy. Still, I played the first Zelda before TAoL. Oh how I love my old NES. I was so young... I started playing as a toddler, so of course everything pretty much had to be done for me. By the time A Link to the Past came out, I was able to play games on my own.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
It was the first one. And I am old enough to remember playing/beating it. Which would be a cooler story if I were a lifelong gamer, but there has been a twenty-year gap between the NES (my last childhood console) and the Wii (current). I've managed to play eight of the games since becoming hooked again, though.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
MM. I was born about two months after OoT in 1998. I remember playing a beta demo of MM.

Edit: I meant about one month, not two.

Last edited:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
It was the first one. And I am old enough to remember playing/beating it. Which would be a cooler story if I were a lifelong gamer, but there has been a twenty-year gap between the NES (my last childhood console) and the Wii (current). I've managed to play eight of the games since becoming hooked again, though.

Do you remember the Super Mario Bros cartoon from the late 80's? It aired weekdays, but on Friday it was Legend of Zelda instead.

Beeker

Wild Card
Let's see. I was born in '95, so OoT was the first game in my lifetime, when I was three years old. Sadly, I didn't play it(or any other Zelda) until I was at least ten.:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom