• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn: Should I Buy It?

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
So I was thinking I need a new strategy game and through ssbb, I was reminded of the Fire Emblem series. I watched the comercial on Nintendo.com and liked it... up until the point where it said "lost allys shall never return to fight again"... I want your guys' opinions on this game and whether its worth my money or not. please be sure to specify if you own the game or not. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I own this game and I highly reccomend it.

Even though its a direct sequel of Path of Radiance, you don't really need to know the story of Path of Radiance to understand the story of Radiant dawn. But it cool to know the background of some returning characters in Radiant Dawn.

Yes characters that die don't return. But this can be prevented by simply resseting the chapter and try entire chapter again. To make it better, you can save while playing the chapter, and when resetting you will return to your last battle save. Meaning that you don't have to play the entire chapter again.

What you can expect from this game:
- This game is a a turn based strategy RPG.
- Characters level up and can promote to a higher class.
- You can change the layout of weapons.
- The skill system is improved in this game compared to its prequel
- Great animations and effects
- Awsome orchestrated Music
- Epic story

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I do not own nor have I played FE10, but I do agree with Onilink89. It's such a great game and worth your time. Characters who die will not come back, but that's a given because of how the Fire Emblem series works. You're punished for not making good choices for your characters with permanent death (though in FE12 which is JPN only, you can play Casual mode). It's reallife and actualyl warlike, so I can take a liking to it. Others I understand why they wouldn't like it (gambling, or maybe you spent so long leveling a character just to face a dragon and get OHKO'd).

Really though, rent FE:RD at the least and tell your opinion of it. I love all of the FE series (except 11), even if permadeath is in the game.

You would like it if you like turn based strategy games or just Fire Emblem in general. Just don't let your characters die too often. Some come back while others do not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom