• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Pre Launch TotK Trailer

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This trailer eliminated all doubts I had about the game, I am beyond hyped, I feel like it has potential to become my favorite Zelda game ever.

The confirmation of Zonai characters blew the lid off the backstory of the game for me and I'm very interested to see how the game progresses to reveal more of it, and what role the Zonai will take in the present day. I will be writing a thread on my theory for the backstory, btw. So that took away my concerns about the story.

It looks like there will be some interesting NPC interactions and I'm hoping there will be good sidequest quality in the game because of that. I won't suddenly hate the game for not offering this, as long as the main story shapes out good I'm still happy.

I love Breath of the Wild's gameplay, and I never had doubts that the gameplay for Tears of the Kingdom would be good. I didn't expect what we've seen to surpass my expectations the way it has though. Almost every main complaint people had of BotW feels like its been given a solution to in TotK, too. "Rain makes climbing impossible" well now we can makeshift aircraft with Fuse anywhere, as long as the materials are available, or we can just use Ascend. "Weapon durability sucks, I break all my good weapons and get **** weapons as replacements" With Fuse the possibilities to make bland weapons, like a tree branch, interesting and more powerful are vast. Plus fusing weapons increases the durability of it anyway. In theory, we could create fusions that could possibly increase the lifespan of weapons we favor.

As for the world, well after the trailer Nintendo's website put more info on the game, confirming explorable underground caverns, as well as the sky, caves, and that there would be new towns and changes to the Hyrule we know.

Dungeons aren't confirmed, but it feels implied.

Yeah, May 12th people in my city are going to think I fell off the face of the earth, lol.

I've spent all my time thus far kind of side-eyeing this game, but this trailer has me genuinely interested now. And just in time, since I'm fixin to get a Switch finally.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Here's some more stuff I noticed today.

image.png

this is a view looking out towards the front gate of the town. you can see its facing toward kakariko
the tents look pretty empty. maybe the castle rising into the sky scared the people away. that would make sense.
but i cant help but notice several building plots like we saw in the gameplay demo
they were in the process of rebuilding the town after all!!

image.png

i know it was obvious but this is definitely transformed ganondorf.
look at his arms. one has no sleeve and the other has a long sleeve. just like his design.
you can even see the long sleeve fluttering.
rip to people who wanted this to be Actually The Real Demise.

image.png

this is the area you fight vah naboris at in botw.
i hope the sinkholes lead to a cave system when you fall into them.
instead of just killing you.

image.png

that is Not mount satori in the bg yet it has a cherry tree like mount satori does.
you can see the giant cliff that overlooks eventide island on the side.
that would make this mountain with the cherry tree the one next to hateno with the broken heart pond, i think? whys it got a cherry tree now?

ok remmeber how i said theres a scene of zelda that looks suspiciously like gameplay footage instead of cutscene footage where shes in a place with a background thats moving like puzzles we've seen in botw?

image.png

this is that same building. you can tell by the bg. its even in the same grayscale. HHMMMMM...

image.png

this is located above lanayru. hm.
it appears to be the same sphere that you see link pushing a wheel thing with the gacha machine behind it, judging by that circular opening.
theres a subtle shot of akkala citadel in the bg.
that is possibly the place im most excited to see in totk.
also note those black lines in the bg cuz theyre about to be important.

real quick tho.

image.png

this is eventide island. theres an attempt of a settlement there as you can see by the tent. also theres a malice pit. its hard to see but there are some tendrils peeking out behind the trees.

image.png

ok remember those black lines i just mentioned?
this seems to be one of them.
look in the bg. its like a black, sludgy goop. not quite malice, but still not very Good-Looking.
its very viscous and is flowing down out of the sky.
look at the pic with the sphere again. notice that the zoras domain reservoir looks kinda brown, and the black goop is falling down into it.
i think this goop is polluting hyrule's water supply and dealing with it is gonna be the initial questline with sidon.
as for what the goop is...

image.png

it seems awfully reminiscent of this dude's goop.
i wonder if they are related.

image.png

next to link and sidon is a puddle of the goop. there seems to be a bubble of that goop spitting stuff up and into the air in the bg, as well.
weird. what the hell IS it... this Not Malice stuff has got me scratchin my head.

Last edited:
And not sure if it was acknowledged in this thread or not cuz I've been kind of bad about reading some of the posts prior to my initial post, but the scene in the trailer where the castle erupts from the ground is shown from a shot that shows the sheikah tribe looking on in horror. Wasn't sure how much involvement the sheikah were gonna have in this game but it wouldn't make sense if they straight up vanished, so I look forward to seeing how the events unfolding has an effect on them as well as their futile technology. Seeing the Divine Beasts destroyed in a showy fashion would be sick... maybe their components would be recycled in some way, idk.

Another thing, sort of relating to recycling, but I've been thinking about like the possibility that the Zonai are some tribe of the dead in a sense... and the reason we may be seeing a potential Hylia figure (???) is that these are figures from Hyrule's past (the legends of zelda!!!) that have become a race of their own for whatever reason. By some argument, you could even say Ganondorf is Zonai then..? And maybe the reason Link (almost typed Leif and I need to announce this because its funny shut up, iykyk) has only a part of him consumed by Zonai motif is because he ALMOST joined the world of the dead by dying 100 years ago.

Maybe the champions are Zonai now... I said before about how their ghosts in BotW were covered in green wisps that seem to match the Zonai energy in TotK. :suspicious:

i know it was obvious but this is definitely transformed ganondorf.
look at his arms. one has no sleeve and the other has a long sleeve. just like his design.
you can even see the long sleeve fluttering.
rip to people who wanted this to be Actually The Real Demise.
I don't know if this discounts anything until we know why Zelda is wearing the same clothes as that other long eared lady. Is it actually Zelda or a vessel or a transfiguration or...? Zelda in Skyward Sword and even Zelda praying in Breath of the Wild had to wear special garb to attune to the goddess that she is a reincarnation of so is she just attuning this person... and ARE they Hylia? If Ganon really needs to fully tap into his malice, is there any reason there wouldn't be a parallel there between him channeling Malice/Demise? Does a literal manifestation of True Demise need to awaken within him for him to transcend his carcass body?? Is it the true form of the malice within him and that lady dressed like Zelda the same? Like saying they have the same clothes is just a very bad reason to dismiss other possibilities.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't know if this discounts anything until we know why Zelda is wearing the same clothes as that other long eared lady. Is it actually Zelda or a vessel or a transfiguration or...? Zelda in Skyward Sword and even Zelda praying in Breath of the Wild had to wear special garb to attune to the goddess that she is a reincarnation of so is she just attuning this person... and ARE they Hylia? If Ganon really needs to fully tap into his malice, is there any reason there wouldn't be a parallel there between him channeling Malice/Demise? Does a literal manifestation of True Demise need to awaken within him for him to transcend his carcass body?? Is it the true form of the malice within him and that lady dressed like Zelda the same? Like saying they have the same clothes is just a very bad reason to dismiss other possibilities.
Oh he’s definitely channeling Demise here. I am just saying that’s not the actual Demise himself from SS. I’ve seen people saying it was actually him elsewhere. Like, this being a separate entity than Ganondorf.

This trailer eliminated all doubts I had about the game, I am beyond hyped, I feel like it has potential to become my favorite Zelda game ever.

The confirmation of Zonai characters blew the lid off the backstory of the game for me and I'm very interested to see how the game progresses to reveal more of it, and what role the Zonai will take in the present day. I will be writing a thread on my theory for the backstory, btw. So that took away my concerns about the story.
Yeah, the potential lore that the Calamity Era will have after the release of TotK is one of the most interesting things aside from the gameplay.

Dungeons aren't confirmed, but it feels implied.
I mean every single Zelda has dungeons, so of course TotK will have them. (YesthedivinebeastsandHyruleCastlearedungeonscomeatmebruh) I hope they are longer than BotW's dungeons, though, although I loved the puzzles within them(Naboris might even be a top ten-fifteen dungeon for me due to its awesome electric puzzles; when have we seen those in other dungeons in the series?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom