• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Pre Launch TotK Trailer

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
BotW was pretty "meh" for me (fun game, don't get me wrong, but I was spoiled on day one, which led to me not enjoying the entire plot...), but this trailer now has me 100% hyped for the sequel, when before I was hesitant. I'll be far more happy grabbing this for the price than I have been with Splatoon 3 this year, that's for sure.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
One thing this trailer has me wondering is where is Zelda? It doesn't exactly look like she's trapped or anything but she's like "Link you must find me". Be a little proactive Zeldy, find Link yourself smh. I've got nothing to back this up but just by her outfit change and who she's interacting with I wonder if she's either in some sort of secret stronghold area or perhaps a different time. Seeing how she got from that cavern to there is going to be an interesting bit though.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
"...but you are not alone. Link, you are our final hope."

I really thought that line might be leading into a multiplayer reveal, although I've always considered multiplayer to be extremely far-fetched. Kind of a lame note to end on but not a bad trailer. Still didn't show too much, I'm very pleased with that. Ready for release.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
We have official art of Sidon, Tulin, and Riju!

0d62b146d453b910ef118d5fe5aa518d885f0583.jpg

67ac0c59af649b8becd89513557c26d98341c517.jpg

57526492a3b117bf968104016e7d5d4e15e5b0a2.jpg

Tulin and Riju definitely look a bit older. I love that Riju uses dual blades. Can Link do that too? Please? Please please please please. Interesting of note was that Sidon doesn't wield the spear using the standard spear moveset that Link and other NPCs seem to have. He has his own. I suspect this will be true for the other Champion Successors, as well. (this also might be the reason Link cannot use dual blades, because its a Riju-specific moveset. damn.) Also of note is that there's no art of Yunobo yet. He was in the trailer, but we only know that because we could see the tip of the Boulder Breaker appear on-screen for a split-second when Sidon, Riju, and Tulin are all running together. Where's my boy? Why are they hiding my boy? Also where's Teba? I love that Tulin is taking the lead, but is Teba ok? Also we see that the first time Sidon appears, he is not wearing a crown, but in the next shot with him running with Riju and Tulin (and Yunobo), he is wearing a crown. Is Dorephan ok?

Much to think about here.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So apart from the initial teaser revealing Ganondorfs mummy I haven't really had a load of excitement for this game, the last couple of trailers have been ok but nothing to get me super interested. However this latest trailer has changed all that for me. The music in this one is absolutely fantastic, I think the locations they have shown look a lot more varied and the story elements actually look intriguing.

BoTWs main story felt like it should be the opening to the main event never going into any real depth however this seems to be what it was building to. Hopefully it shows the backstory of ancient Hyrule and we get some good story points set in the present as well.

I am excited for this Ganondorf. I love the new look which appears to be inspired by the samurai. We also get a nod to Skyward Swords demon king with the glowing locks during what is probably the rehydration process. I wonder if they will explicitly reference the first demon king as Hylia is possibly appearing in this one as well. I enjoyed the English Ganondorfs delivery, still think it's Jotaro (Matt Mercer) but I'm gonna play in Japanese because Zeldas voice is way better in the JP version along with most of the rest of the voice acting.

I'm probably gonna leave here forever and avoid spoilers soon but I'll likely be back to either praise or complain about ToTk later on.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It was pretty good.

What I liked:

1) The new gameplay changes look really cool. I was glad to see some in the trailer without having to listen to someone narrate over all of them.

2) Actually fighting alongside characters like Sidon. It felt weird to me that Sidon and the others were supposedly warriors, but never participated in combat in any meaningful way, either acting as transport of literal cannonballs.

3) The general look of the trailer. A lot of the shots seem unlike stuff we've seen in the franchise before. As much as I detest Zelda being thrown in the closet once again, the shot where she's falling and Link is reaching out to her looks good.

Some stuff I didn't like:

1) Zelda is being thrown in the closet again. While it's just to be expected at this point, some small part of me still secretly hoped that Zelda would play a more significant role in this game. Given how few scenes she shares with Link and how there's no indication she will accompany him, it looks like she's condemned to background status once again.

2) Ganon. The man looks cool, but nothing else about him impressed me in this trailer. He was given the most generic villain lines possible and the dialogue alone seems to drag down the quality of the voice acting. He feels generic. Evil boy doing evil things, because no thoughts head empty touch Triforce.

3) The story. Like previous trailers, this trailer was very hesitant to provide any real story details outside of floating castle and Ganon coming back. I've expressed it many times, but that makes me nervous. A sequel like this being so unwilling to provide any real story details in the weeks leading up to release indicate to me that the story probably won't be much. I suspect we'll see TotK's history as an expansion pack on full display.

Looks ****ing fantastic. I'm finally recovering from COVID, so the fact that this dropped too is a real treat. Looking forward to this game as someone who loved BotW's take on the Zelda formula. Really dig Ganon's VA, too(sounds familiar). Seems like the Champion successors are coming back, as well. Less than a month...LET'S GO!

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I'm so excited for this game, I really liked that they kind of held back in the first few trailers and had a way bigger reveal in this one closer to the release date. The music is so good, and I'm so excited because it looks like there are not only shrines but dungeons/temples too! The best of both worlds honestly, and I hope that means this game will be really long. The music sounds amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom