• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Boss of Skyward Sword?

Most-likely, some form of a battle with Lord Ghirahim. Well, we do know that Link has a short skirmish with him in the first Temple in the game, but thanks to the GDC trailer that was released in early March of this year, we also know that Link does meet up with him once again in another temple--and that time faces off with Ghirahim whilst he is controlling a statue. (Actually, that statue to me, looks an awful lot like the statue of the goddess that was shown on Skyloft in Skyward Sword's E3 2011 trailer.) And then, we are also aware there is a third battle that takes place in Skyloft when we note the background of the end of the E3 2011 trailer is "ruins" of a certain part of Skyloft, so... well, it will probably be with Ghirahim.

However, there is still word that Ghirahim is not the sole villain of this game. I don't know if Nintendo themselves said it straight-forward, or if it was an interpretation of one of their "indirect speak" that they seem to do with unreleased games, but nonetheless... there is still a slim chance it will someone or something other than Ghirahim.

Just know that it will not be Ganon/dorf. Taking place roughly 100 years before Ocarina of Time, he would not have been born yet since the sole Gerudo male would be born each century. And if he were alive, he would have not yet have obtained the Triforce of Power, so if he were to be defeated, he would have died as easily as anyone else.

Anyone remember Nephiboruu(sp?)? Perhaps HE really IS the final boss, after all:P. It would be quite ironic if he was... It is highly doubtful, though, in my opinion.

It might seem kind of odd if Lord Ghirahim is the Final Boss in Skyward Sword. You get to fight him early on in the game, albeit not so seriously...still. It's not quite unprecedented; primary antagonists have appeared early on in a Zelda game, but if memory serves, never like this. This oddity in the Zelda series might be connected to the new change in the adventure formula. Think about it, if the way you explore the world is altered (Example: The typical dungeon>overworld>dungeon>repeat-formula is NOT so apparent in SS), that may also affect the way you encounter bosses, characters, items, etc. That being said, we might see a lot of things that seem out of place; not in a bad way, but not what we're accustomed to, you know?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would not like Ghirahim to be the final boss of Skyward Sword. The ideal character for me to be the final boss would be Aghanim. We've seen him before in A Link to the Past, where his body was used by Ganon to get into the Light World. Making connections between Aghanim and other Zelda games would be perfect for me. Namely the Adventure of Link, which mentions a wizard who put Zelda into her slumber. Aghanim would fit perfectly into this role.

It was also stated that Ganondorf would not necessarily be in the game (I don't think there is any chance of him or Ganon to be in it), but would be mentioned. Him being mentioned and Aghanim being there seemingly sets up A Link to the Past, and clears up a bit more of the game's backstory. Aghanim would be a member, possibly the leader of the Dark Tribe/Interlopers who many have speculated will be the main antagonists of Skyward Sword. Ghirahim seems more like a Zant like character, or maybe a high ranked member of the Dark Tribe/Interlopers. So my vote goes to Aghanim.

I think the Whale is actually Lord Jabu Jabu most likely. I think the Whale caught Zelda after she fall and is protecting her from Ghirahim.

And I doubt Ghirahim is the final boss. Nintendo likes to throw out some baddies right away and really the main bad guy is off in the background. Like in ALttP and TP.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
i hope to God they don't do what they did with Twilight Princess, where they had a "final boss" who was really just Ganon's puppet. and the thing was, as soon as i saw the cutscene with Ganon at the Mirror of Twilight, i knew he was the final boss.
I think it would be kinda asinine of Nintendo to show the final boss in a trailer. we saw no trace of Ganon in any of the TP trailers (as far as i know). now, i'm not saying Ghirahim CAN'T be the final boss, i'm just saying it would be really dumb of Nintendo to do something like that. i think we're gonna get a surprise curveball and have some unknown Deity be the final boss.
For all we know, Phi could have been a part of Ghirahim's clan of "the proposed others" the whole time you were adventuring, and SHE'S the final boss. How else do you think Ghirahim always finds Link, seeing as how you'll be "meeting him" lots of times throughout your quest... maybe Phi is feeding him info... hmm?
I mean, these are all possibilities...

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
It would be great to see Ghirahim or a transformation of him as the final boss. Maybe he fuses with an evil power, or gets the Triforce of Power in the end. I think Ghirahim might be be a part of the back lore of the Triforce, the sacred land will reflect the heart of the person who touches the holy relic and also if he or she might only get a third of it like the legends of the Triforce tell us, in OoT.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I don't think Ghirahim will be the final boss. I think he'll be like Zant. He appears to be, but he'll actually just be working for someone else. Nintendo has done this on the last two console games, Twilight Princess and Four Sword Adventures. They also did it in A Link to the Past, though not as late in the game as those two. Honestly I think it makes for a better story than just knowing who the big bad is the whole time. Though I will prefer that the big bad guy is not Ganon. As a prequel, it'd just be too out of place since he's not supposed to be that powerful yet. But I would be okay with any other previous boss returning, but preferably a new one.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Anyone remember Nephiboruu(sp?)? Perhaps HE really IS the final boss, after all:P. It would be quite ironic if he was... It is highly doubtful, though, in my opinion.

That would be a pretty interesting way of seeing it, but if I remember correctly, the Nephiboruu thing started as another batch of rumors from Zelda Informer, the same place where Zordiana came from. That alone makes its credibility take a hit for me.

For all we know, Phi could have been a part of Ghirahim's clan of "the proposed others" the whole time you were adventuring, and SHE'S the final boss. How else do you think Ghirahim always finds Link, seeing as how you'll be "meeting him" lots of times throughout your quest... maybe Phi is feeding him info... hmm?
I mean, these are all possibilities...

This one actually has some weight, even if almost non-existent, from where I see it. Am I the only one who noticed a slightly cold attitude in Phi during the demo?

Maybe that was why her power was sealed and turned into the Master Sword. Maybe that's what gives the MS so much power. But that is just a crazy theory as of now. Still, you gotta admit it would be an interesting plot twist.

Girahim is the leader of a tribe of demons. my thoughts are that in the end he will take all the power from the tribe and transform to a flying giant and link would have to fight him while flying, it would be epic!

jack546

The chosen one
we have to take into affect the fact what nintendo did with zant girahim could just be a puppet of somthing bigger and Mastik same thing zant was the leader of an entire race but that didnt stop gannondwarf from controling him.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I think Nintendo is rather unoriginal in their LoZ games and I'm betting the final boss is gonna be Ganondorf. They overuse him and I bet they're gonna use him more.

IHNo

The Other Side
I don't think it will be Ghirahim, seeing as fighting him multiple times throughout the game might not make for an epic final boss fight. I believe it will be someone a part of Ghirahim's "tribe," who has a higher ranking than him. Something of that sort.

Also, the Skyloft bully becoming the final boss is such a ludicrous idea to me. It doesn't seem fleshed out and would ruin the plot. Not to mention that wanting Zelda would not be enough of a motivation to rampage and want to completely destroy Link. I admit it could be possible through means of the bully being possessed by a spirit (Ganon, anyone?) or any other means of that sort, but I just....no. That would not go over well with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom