• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Fi VS Navi VS Tael

Fi VS Navi Vs Tael

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tael

• Fi

• Don't Like any of Them

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Well, I believe this is a like thread so I'm gonna say Navi (out of these three). Navi's Personality in itself is not annoying to me. She's exactly what she needs to be, a sidekick. She is a very helpful companion, and a friend nonetheless. It's her design that tends to get on people's nerves. Even still though, I can look past that. Sure her "Hey Listen" get's annoying after the first playthrough or maybe even prior, but it's also incredibly iconic to the Zelda series. What's more is, imo, she does help you without giving too much away. I was really reliant on Navi in my first playthrough of OoT. I was actually stuck on Volvagia and Ganondorf because Navi couldn't provide me with information.

If this were a "best" thread, Tatl would get my vote. Tatl is the best balance of being helpful, yet not annoying. She still gives you very informative hints like Navi, but the sound effect she makes does it in a way that makes you feel like you can ignore her if you want, unlike Navi who is screaming in your ear. Tatl can be annoying, but not because of her design. She can be annoying due to her character. She is meant to be sassy and rude, and that just means good character development. Still, with such a Personality, she falls short of Navi as far as me liking her goes. She was actually my first companion as Majora's Mask was my first Zelda game, and I couldn't stand how she kept bossing me around. When I played OoT later, friendly little Navi was a breath of fresh air.

And then there's Fi. I like Fi believe it or not but I believe she was done the worst. Fi is downright annoying. I, myself, enjoy her lackluster Personality, but I can imagine how others would find it annoying. Her true annoyance, however, lies in her design. The beeping noise she makes is almost as bad as "Hey, Listen," many times she won't stop bothering you until you talk to her, sometimes she comes out of the sword without your permission, what she has to say is usually blatantly obvious even on a first run, all this and she doesn't even give us a catch-phrase like Navi did. (Although I suppose you could count "Master, an analysis" as one) It also didn't help how her goodbye was implemented. That alone left a bad taste in my mouth despite the good feelings I had towards her. I think Fi would've been a great character if she was intended to be annoying, like Midna and Tatl were. However, unlike the other games, Link never really gets mad or frustrated at Fi, which allows me to think she went a direction they weren't striving for. She was just meant to be there and perhaps she was supposed to, unknowingly, grow on us, yet we found her a nuisance.

All in all, I like Navi the most. She has a friendlier Personality than the other two and while she may be annoying, I can look past those flaws, especially when comparing her to Fi. Navi left me with great memories and a catch phrase, anyone who can do that is pretty rupee in my book.

Fi: bounces into your face when you don't need her, states the obvious when you don't need it, has functions that aren't useful and is plain annoying.

Navi: *young mind* wow it talks! I'm never getting bored of this! *recent mind* still not bored of her talking.

Tael: Well, you're not Navi but you're alright, you talk to me with exposition a lot more than most companions and its all pretty interesting.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Navi is the best companion Link has ever had. That little blue lightbulb provides you with useful information and points out secret spots you otherwise wouldn't notice. I don't know why people give her a hard time for say "Hey, listen"and what not all the time. I never thought of it as annoying or even noticable. Navi is the best, and I hope the Hero of Time finds her, We've only waited 14 1/2 years. Bring back Navi!

Navi has always been my favorite if only due to the nostalgia effect.

Objectively, however, Tael is the best of the three. Unlike Navi or Fi, she doesn't make annoying noises to grab Link's attention. Her transformation as a character is also intriguing-from one of the Skull Kid's fairies to Link's loyal partner. The early moment on top of the Clock Tower is the decisive point in Tael's relationship.

Well, I like Fi and Navi equally, but was not the biggest fan of Tatl (she was a bit of a doosh). Factoring in a few things, however, led me to prefer Fi over the others. For one, she's extremely informative—the most intelligent of the bunch for sure. She is also a lot less "animated" than Tatl, which is a huge plus. Hmmm... what else? She is a great dancer and songstress. Ah... and lastly, she is essentially a living, breathing [talking] Master Sword.

Navi is awesome, though...

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Navi, no contest. It's like asking, "Who's better, WW Link, or the Hero of Time?"

Tael for a few reasons. 1. I'm a Majora's Mask fan boy, so sue me. 2. She wasn't broken like Navs, she only dinged once. 3. She had a more sassy attitude that gave her more character than Navs and Fi. 4. She is awesome. Nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom