• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fear.....it Gets the Best of Us.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
when I kill one Redead, I see another Redead bending down to it until it disappears, this seems like mourning to me

Is it really mourning? or lunch?...

I personally wasn't SCARED by the wallmasters, just pressured. The hag from the lake observitory also creeped me out... her crooked jaw was disturbing.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The only enemy that scared me in OoT would be ReDeads. I even wrote a letter to HTLOZ about it when I was 12, asking how to get over my fear of ReDeads, which they answered in their mailbag with "...I need a vacation..."

What's funny is, I wasn't scared of any other undead enemies like Gibdos or Poes, just ReDeads. It was that creepy look they had. My little brother is playing through the game, and he's most afraid of the Skulltulas, Gohma, Wallmasters, and Tektites (all spider enemies)! He's also afraid of Stalchildren, but not Stalfos. Yet the ReDeads don't scare him.

I'm not scared of ReDeads now that I've played MM and seen them dance. :lol:

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
The only enemy that scared me in OoT would be ReDeads. I even wrote a letter to HTLOZ about it when I was 12, asking how to get over my fear of ReDeads, which they answered in their mailbag with "...I need a vacation..."

What's funny is, I wasn't scared of any other undead enemies like Gibdos or Poes, just ReDeads. It was that creepy look they had. My little brother is playing through the game, and he's most afraid of the Skulltulas, Gohma, Wallmasters, and Tektites (all spider enemies)! He's also afraid of Stalchildren, but not Stalfos. Yet the ReDeads don't scare him.

I'm not scared of ReDeads now that I've played MM and seen them dance. :lol:

When I was younger, I was also afraid of stalchildren instead of stalfos! The stalchildren pop up everywhere you go, and you can constantly hear them scratching! The stalfos kinda look ridiculous.

Maybe the redeads dance because they were used as slaves or entertainers in their previous life?

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I hate when Wallmasters land at me (I've managed to get trapped in a corner once or twice) but I'm not afraid of them. The bottom of the well did cause me to legitimately jump in shock/fright once. I ran into a bubble and it knocked me into one of the invisible walls, and suddenly I was in one of those small rooms with all those spooky faces. And of course I had to be facing a wall so it was all I could see. Yeah, that didn't help the heart rate.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The only enemy I'm still scared of is Zant's Hand. I have no clue why, but that fear has prevented me from finishing TP yet.

Redeads get my heart racing, but out of a different sort of panic other than fear. It's more of that bad memory I have of the first time one of them attacked me. I panicked so much I forgot to be afraid.

As for things like Wallmasters, I got legitimately scared twice by them. First was the Bottom of the Well, in the center room. I was staring at the big X, failed to notice the shadow growing beneath me since the camera didn't show my feet and failed to hear the noise since I was talking to my brother. Next thing I knew, grabbed. I screamed. The second time was in Ganon's Castle, in the Light barrier hallway in that fake room that has an invisible entrance to the real room. I think there's a Wallmaster there since I stood there for a really long time before figuring out that I needed my Lens of Truth. I distinctly remember something black falling down on where I was standing just seconds after I started moving forward. I was too shocked to turn around and check if it was an actual Wallmaster. So yeah, they only scare me if they genuinely catch me by surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom