• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Tutorial Level

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Yes, another 'favourite' thread. I have good intentions, I swear. :angel:

Which game has your favourite tutorial level in it, where it's not tedious, boring or unnessesary, but instead, fun. Mine's Portal 2. It's very well done, and actually quite humorous.

"Say Apple" :lol:

Teron

van der Nguyen
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
The tutorial level in this game is better than any of the following ones

Dan

Command and conquer Renegade !

It literally tells you to "press up to go up" etc then states it will give you some time to get used to the controls.

I'm going to agree with the OP and say Portal 2. Honestly, the whole opening for that game was absolutley hilarious!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time's Inside the Deku Tree was the perfect tutorial for me. It gave me all the tips and hints I needed to know to go through the rest of the game. It's a five minute dungeon, too, if you skip all the optional rooms which makes it even more awesome!

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Portal Two. Funny as hell and just pure awesome. But If I had to choose another, Arkham City! You're handcuffed, you have to fight in handcuffs, then climb a building with no batsuit!

Fig

The Altruist
I loved the Star Fox 64 (3D) tutorial! It's fast, it's efficient, and there are many tactics to use during combat! Although the trainer's voice sounds very creepy. o_O

I'm gonna say Metroid Prime's very beginning on the Orpheon ship's dock, it does what Zelda should do at the very beginning of the game, a couple of 'word of god' lines of text as you come across an obstacle and the buttons you need to use.

None of this, talking to numerous characters to gleam little bits of information.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Portal 2. I don't mean to copy everyone, but it's just the best. There are no walls of text to read, only simple gameplay mechanics accompanied by humor.

If I had to pick a second, maybe Super Mario Sunshine (it just sticks out to me for some reason) or Kingdom Hearts II, where you had to join that tournament. But yeah, indisputably Ports 2 takes the cake. Ehh, see what I did there? The cake? :right:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom