• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Novel.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Oh dear, it's difficult to think of just one. I think that my favorite series of all time is the Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale, though. The seventh book is probably my favorite.

Writer4God

GeekChic
I have several favorite novels; some are either Regency or Victorian English literature. One that sticks out in my head right now is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

One of my new favorite authors is Stephanie Barron who writes the Being a Jane series in which Jane Austen is not only a writer but a detective as she helps solve various murders, including one with Lord Byron as the prime suspect (we all know about his "mad, bad, and dangerous to know" reputation).

I hope to someday write a novel that takes place in either Regency era England or Victorian era England but I'm leaning toward the latter.

Gosh this is too hard of a question :) So many to pick. I loved The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, one of my favorites. I also LOVED The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck and not one I would have picked on my own. One of my teachers gave me a copy and said read. He was so right!

Kleora

Kleora
Starcrossed by Linda Collison. Offhand it sounds like another generic lovey-dovey story but it really wasn't. 1700's, a sharp-witted British girl who's father died, leaving her an estate in Barbados and she must find a way to reach said estate, with not a penny to her name. So she hides aboard a merchant ship and is soon discovered. Great book, I loved it because it was so detailed and informative.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
My all time favorite novel has got to be Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson. A close second is Weaveworld By Clive Barker. The Hellbound Heart By Clive Barker is also good too.

SuperGleeok64

For the Greater Good.
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. This book about a young man who was sent into to space to be trained for a war against a seemingly fearsome alien race was what sparked my love of reading and Science-Fiction (I also think Pathfinder by the same author is fantastic.)

U

ultara

The Ultimate novel i have ever read was a trilogy called morpheus road! THe LIght, The Black, and the blood. Heck i havn't even finished the second book yet LOL:):):)

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I mainly read love storys, but my favorite book would have to be by Nicholas Sparks: Dear John .Best book ever, it made me cry and leaving me wanting more of the story when it ended.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I've so many good books, it's hard to say... There's the Hunger Games and all those good books... but one of my favourites is "Notes from the Dog" it's an amazing book.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I won't say my favourite. There are reasons.

So. Second favourite is 'The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime' by Mark Haddon. I can't even really remember what it was about, I just remember reading it for my GCSEs and really thinking back to it when we went on to 'Catcher in the Rye'. Which is also a great book.

East of Eden by John Steinbeck. There is something great about his telling of three generations and two main families. Also, more of a kid novel but, The Phantom Tollbooth is a great play on common sayings and ways of thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom