• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Mario Kart Game

What's your favourite Mario Kart game?

• Super Mario Kart (SNES)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario Kart 64 (N64)

• Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA)

• Mario Kart Double Dash (GCN)

• Mario Kart DS (DS)

• Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

• Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

• Total voters

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I was thinking about this during and after a shoutbox conversation on the topic. Which Mario Kart game is your favourite? Why?

While it was difficult for me to choose before, after the release of Mario Kart 7, I've decided that it is my favourite. It's gliding and underwater mechanics are great additions to the series, and the fact that it's portable is a huge plus. Initially, I was disappointed that there was no VS. mode, but I quickly forgave the game for its fantastic online. Gyroscope controls work great, and although they take getting used to, doing well with them is extremely satisfying. One of the complaints I do have though is the bad roster, with the removal of spin-off staples, such as Waluigi, and the addition of several stupid characters, like Wiggler and the Honey Queen (WTF!?).

Anyway, I do love the tracks, music and items in Mario Kart 7, and even though it's somewhat easy (three stars in all cups in one week :cool:), I'm still playing it all the time.

While we're on the topic, feel free to discuss your least favourite of the series. Mine's Mario Kart 64.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm basing my answer off the fact that I haven't played Mario Kart 7 yet.

My favorite Mario Kart game is probably Mario Kart Wii. The visuals, variety, and difficulty were great in the game.

My least favorite Mario Kart game is either Mario Kart: Super Circuit or Mario Kart DS, but I'm leaning towards Mario Kart: Super Circuit since Mario Kart DS had the challenges to make the game more fun.

Fig

The Altruist
I love playing Mario Kart 7! I really love the awesome features that Nintendo has added into the series. I love the 1st person mode of the game! It really makes me feel like I'm actually driving the kart! :love: It's unique and it brings a lot of fun within my family! We all play it together in groups of 8, and then the top player from each group faces off in the ultimate tournament! Usually it is I who becomes victorious in the end! I can't wait for the new Mario Kart for the Wii U. Yes, I'm speculating but it obviously is going to be made eventually.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My favorite Mario Kart game is probably Mario Kart Wii. The visuals, variety, and difficulty were great in the game.

This! Mario Kart Wii is my absolute favorite! I love the Motorcycles within the game, I love the tracks...everything about that game is awesome!

My least favorite Mario Kart is either Super Mario Kart (hate me if you like) or Mario Kart Double Dash (I cannot control even Mario's standard kart...)

Dan

It's a tough choice between mario kart wii and 7. I really find both games online features lacking horribly. I believe 7's was worse on the other hand.
Both games had really great tracks , although both feature my favourite maple treeway :D.

One thing I miss from 7 is the wall physics from wii and doing the motorbike tricks :(

Runner up would prolly be super mario kart, just for it's simplicity and battle mode. :D

I like Mario Kart Wii the most purely for the fact that there is a huge Character Roster and loads of Karts and Bikes. Mario Kart Wii had the better Retro Tracks out of the 3 recent Mario kart Games as well. Mario kart 7 would of been my favorite, but the Character Roster was a big disappointment.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
MK7,love the vibrant colors, and the tracks. Its so cute!! I would have liked more characters, but I really like MK7 either way!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
It's funny... I never really liked Mario Kart Wii, for whatever reason... probably just because I was so terrible at it... XD

My favorite is between Double Dash and Super Circuit. I think I'm going with Double Dash in the end. It was actually the first video game I ever owned, so I'm rather attached to it. I played it to death when I was little. Besides, it was nice to be able to pick two characters.

However, I haven't played Mario Kart 7, the original, or Mario Kart DS, so you never know. My favorite could change. ^^

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Well I haven't played that many....Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart Double Dash, and Mario Kart Wii....okay I guess that's 4/7 but still.....out of those my favorite would be Mario Kart Wii. Super Mario Kart was my first video game ever.....but the controls are so bad now imo lol!

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Double Dash was my favorite, mainly because it was my first one. It seems like MK games since then have been lacking, but MK7 was a nice reprieve.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Mario Kart Wii is the best the series has to offer. However, my favorite MK game is Mario Kart Double Dash. It’s just a special game to me. So much nostalgia associated with it.

MY favorite is a tie between Double Dash and MK7. I really enjoyed how Double Dash played and I wish for Nintendo to re-release it on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Hanyou

didn't build that
64 is probably the best. It was a step up from Super Mario Kart with the hills and such, but it didn't involve pure luck like the more recent ones. I think there's an overreliance on items in newer Mario Kart games.

In spite of that, I still enjoy Mario Kart DS and it's my second choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom