• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Zombie Game?

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
What's your fav zombie game and why?

I'm gonna say that Dead Island's mine. While it is a glitchfest, it's the most fun I've had with a zombie game in a while. Modding and the mods are all pretty funny, but sometimes I get tired of all the infected=\

Resident Evil 0 (I love Rebecca <3 and James Marcus looks like David Bowie!)

Left 4 Dead is pretty good too though i hate FPS games and its only really decent with friends which sucks because i dont game online or have many friends to play it with.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
I'm not a horror video game fan. But I remember playing a Resident Evil game that I enjoyed. Can't remember which one was.

Dan

I love left 4 dead 2. It has everything I like about a game. Including a carnival level. Any game that has a carnival level is awesome IMO.
Although I do enjoy other zombie games such as resident evil and house of the dead 2 (greatest voice acting in any game eh ;) )

Ganondork

goo
Dead Space 2. It's an amazing horror game that has actually made me jump so many times that it's ridiculous. The overall horror effects presented in the game are so well executed, that it's difficult not to be slightly afraid. The best thing that they do is have a small hint of moaning, or any other necromorph noise, far from where it actually is. So naturally, you inch forward cautiously, and the moment you think the coast is clear, the necromorph shoots out and starts attacking you. This feeling of knowing the what but not the when makes it all the more suspenseful. And then of course you have to take into consideration the necromorph designs. Just going to put them in a spoiler tab for people who don't want to see them.

the-necromorphs-vs-the-flood-4922.jpg

218354ss_sm2.jpg

Definitely not the nicest-looking zombies, huh?

Dead Space 2 had one of those feelings where you knew that not only are the necromorphs around you a threat; you're your own worst enemy.

Isaac_tries_to_stab_himself.jpg

Isaac, being diagnosed with a strange case of dementia, is seeing phantoms of his ex-girlfriend. These phantoms, created by his mind, are actually himself. There are plenty of cases in which he unknowingly is inches away from ending his own life. I find this to be a relatively frightening concept.

To know this fact, it must be frightening for Isaac as well. And yet, he doesn't lay down and die, instead, he continues on, trying to escape this nightmare, and save his own life. It's not a zombie game where the objective is to survive until help comes, or to find the cure; it's to escape and somehow keep this dementia from not killing him. Even if he escapes the ship, as long as he still has the dementia, he's doomed to die. This psychological feeling of hopelessness is no doubt one of the most taxing things on Isaac's mind - and perhaps even the player.

When great horror elements, a good story, and compelling characters come together like they did in Dead Space 2, it creates a title worthy of calling my favorite zombie game.

Dan said:
I love left 4 dead 2. It has everything I like about a game. Including a carnival level. Any game that has a carnival level is awesome IMO.

I too am a Left 4 Dead 2 fan. The only issue is I lose interest relatively fast unless I'm playing multiplayer. I don't think I've made it to the carnival level yet, but this does have me excited to do it. Witches just happen to be the biggest trolls alive if you don't have adequate weapons.

I'd say it's worth noting that Bioshock was going to be my first choice had I not felt - with Kitsu's input being a contributing factor - that it quite fit the zombie criteria. This is because Bioshock is a suspense title, but I would never consider it to be a horror/zombie game. Splicers are still living, although they still have the appearance of some zombies.

scaled.php

Bioshock happens to be my third favorite series - after Assassin's Creed and the Legend of Zelda - and is the core inspiration for most of my writing pieces. It's amazing soundtrack and story are worth noting, even if my post isn't primarily about it.

Last edited:
Left 4 dead, even tho its not really zombies :P its still awesome :D not a big fan of left 4 dead 2 but its ok (and someone just gifted it to me on steam so will be playing it again soon :P )

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
There's this flash game hosted by ninjakiwi.com called SAS: Zombie Assault 3. That would be my favorite Zombie Game.

Big Octo

=^)
Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are amazing zombie games. I really like the fast-pacing of the action and the blend of both competitive co-op and teamwork. It's very fun to play custom maps with friends.

Jedizora

:right:
Left for ddead 2. I only played a small part, but I loved what I played. The Nazi zombies from CoD World At war were also pretty good.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Tie between Left 4 Dead, and The Walking Dead video game.
L4D because of the fast paced, fun, co-op action.
And TWD because of the story. It makes you believe you are a part of a real, living world, where there are no 'good' and 'bad' decisions, and zombies are sometimes the least of your concerns.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
this is the prime example of a zombie to me. i still remember the first time I encountered this- my brother and i screamed like little girls- oh wait, i was a little girl...anyway-
[video=youtube;skm3iXz9qSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skm3iXz9qSU[/video]

my opinion- the COD zombies are lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom