• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Version of Princess Zelda?

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
There are many different versions of Zelda throughout the franchise, and I'd have to say my favorite is TP Zelda. She's all dark and mysterious and really lives up to the title, "Legend". The story is quite intriguing as well.

What's your favorite version of Princess Zelda? Discuss. :)

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Well if I can pick her, Tetra. Not Zelda from WW but Tetra, the reason being is because I really like her personality (she got attitude) :P, and she has basically all the characteristics that I'd find attractive in a girl, if she was a little older then she was portrayed she'd be perfect. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But if I can't pick Tetra then I'd agree with LinkIRL and go with TP zelda.

Last edited:

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
It's a toss-up between SS and TP Zelda. Like @LinkIRL said, I like the mysteriousness and storyline of TP Zelda and she's kinda hot.

SS Zelda, is just so sweet and cute looking that I wanna hug her.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
My favorite would be Tetra/Zelda, she starts off as a selfish pirate who's quite manly IMO then her character develops a lot during as the plot untangles and she turns into a caring & brave princess.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
My favorite version of Princess Zelda is TP. She looks elegant, beautiful, and amazing. The dress looks very beautiful on her and she looks mature to finally rule the kingdom of Hyrule. The Zelda TP version on the SSBB looks even more beautiful.

I have to agree with JJ on this one. In terms of Princess Zelda Sprit tracks is the way to go. She is more like a princess and less like a hostage when you first meet her in the game. Skyward Sword Zelda Is super cute and care free.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Twilight Princess Zelda is definitely my favorite version of Princess Zelda, she is simply too beautiful! Even though she does very little by way of the plot (well, what she does is significant, but there are only a few instances where she helps), and she doesn't have TOO MUCH personality seething through her character, but she's still an important one nonetheless. I mean, bask in her beauty:
Zelda_Large.png

She might not be everyone's eye candy, but I definitely have an eye out for her. :)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
*WARNING* Random Person loves talking about his favorite Zelda. If you have severe medical problems, pregnancies, allergies to exclamation points, disturbances to fan-boyish natures, or if you're not wearing socks, please refrain from further reading.

TP Zelda hands down. I love when people ask me about my favorite Zelda so I can tell them how much I love this version of Zelda. It's partially because of how cinematcally well its story was designed. Zelda herself was also done cinematically well, representing a "benevolent queen." She was supposed to be one of those perfect queen-like princesses. This is how I like my princesses in fantasy games like Zelda. As far away from reality as possible, but still realistic. People have told me that TP Zelda is unrealistic with how she behaves, but I have to disagree. I just think she's in a position that makes it more difficult for people to understand the decisions she's making. What makes me special that I can understand her? Well, I'm a fan boy I don't really have an answer other than it's my opinion. Without going into my long article, I highly enjoyed the symbolism of TP princess Zelda... ALL the symbolism.

So now I've reached the point where I could keep talking about how much I love this Zelda, but would just keep repeating myself. So, I'll just sum it up with... I love TP Zelda! The End.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Does Sheik count? I mean, technically, Sheik is Zelda, just in disguise. I always thought Sheik was quite awesome, and very mysterious. Very kickass, too.
Also, I never really saw Sheik as a guy, but Zelda in disguise. That's probably because I played SSBM first, though...

Anyway, yeah, I would say Sheik and not OoT Zelda, just because I thought Sheik was awesome, but Zelda in OoT wasn't very beautiful or mysterious or deep or anything, and could have had more character development.

If Sheik doesn't count, then I would say TP Zelda. She's beautiful, and has a pretty well done plot. Also, the Puppet Zelda thing was an incredible idea, and in fact my favorite part of the Ganondorf battle. She could have used more development and screentime, but was still pretty awesome.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
ST Zelda hands down. I admit, even as a fanboy of TP and SS, I am surprised how popular their Zeldas are.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I used to have crushes on videogame characters in my early to mid teens. Then I got a girlfriend, a life, and adult-style cynicism, and that all ended.

But I daresay that if I were capable of having crushes on videogame characters anymore, Skyward Sword's Zelda would be the prime candidate. Not only does she have the most charming design of any character in the entire Zelda series, but she has an innocent personality with enough resolve to fill her role. I don't see how it's possible not to love her. On top of being more consistently important to the game's plot, and more consistently active than most Zeldas, she's also cute! I'm sure it's no accident that the franchise's most developed love story yet yielded this particular character, either. It's not hard to see why Link would fall for her.

Honestly, I can't stress enough that her perfect visual design, personality, character arc, and virtue capture all the innocence, beauty, dignity, escapism, and adventure I associate with the best the series has to offer. Which is as it should be--it's named after her!

Skyward Sword's Zelda wins by a country mile.

After that, Tetra, Spirit Tracks' Zelda, and Ocarina of Time's Zelda are all fantastic characters. But as great as they all are, this wasn't a difficult decision.

Last edited:
I don't care for Tetra for the same reason I don't like Midna. Yeah, they get great development as the story progresses, but the fact of the matter is that they start off as complete *****es. If there isn't something to at least endear me to the character right of the bat, I don't think "Wow, look at how far they've come," I think "My God, I actually like this character now."

Spirit Tracks Zelda is easily my favorite. Maybe it just says more of my taste in women considering that I prefer her over Tetra and Midna, but I like how sweet she is, and she also manages to be my favorite companion.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Well, I like Tetra because she's actually a beast and doesn't want to count on Link unlike a lot of them,

I also like ST Zelda because she has such a large role in that game,

I like SS Zelda since she has such a wonderful design and point, and she's not actually a princess. And also, she knows how to make big guys back off in fear. >:3 Or maybe that's just Grooose.

Skyward Sword Zelda is definitely my favorite of them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom