• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Sword In A Zelda Game

ZeldaAllDay

Fierce Deity
What is your favorite sword from any zelda game? There are so many cool ones, like the Gilded Sword (MM), the Big Goron's Sword (Oot) and of course, The Master Sword (multiple games). When it comes down to it, I think my favorite is The Great Fairy's Sword from Majora's Mask. Not only is it a challenge to find all of the fairies in one of my personal favorite dungeons, Stone Tower, but it looks cool and is really strong.:mastersword:

Last edited:

Din Akera

Sniper
My favorite sword is also from MM, however, I would choose the gilded sword. I loved the fairy sword also, however, I felt that you got it much to late in the game for it to be of any real use to me. Further, i found it very weird to use my sword with the C button. The gilded sword however, was received early in the game to be useful, was awesome to achieve (goron races, three days, ect) and I thought was extremely stylist! :P

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
My favorite sword in the Zelda series is a three-way tie between the Phantom Sword for Phantom Hourglass, The Master Sword, and the Biggoron Sword from Ocarina of Time. the Pahntom Sword was a sweet upgrade because it made the invincible phantoms so much easier and made things many times easier trying to get through the Temple of the Ocean King.

the Master Sword is a great one too, mainly due to its large presence in the series. you can always count on it being stronger and being sealed away in some location or other.

the Biggoron Sword is also up here too because of its usefulness. I think it made my battle with Dark Link in the Water Temple a heck of a lot easier. it took a while to get, but the reward was definitely worth it.

ZeldaAllDay

Fierce Deity
Oh ya, the gilded sword. In my description for this thread i said the razor sword, i meant to say the gilded sword, although i do like the razor sword for its looks :)

Z

Zack

I like the Master Sword and its various looks throughout its 25 years destroying evil. But I would have to say that the Master Sword from Skyward Sword and TP are my favorite design. They are the same after all, save for the skyward strike.

Djinn

and Tonic
I would have to go with the Magic Sword from the NES Zeldas. First of all, it fires lasers. A sword that shoots lasers is instantly superior from most other by that fact alone. Second, I actually like that there are more magical swords to be used other than the same old Master sword. Outside the few we saw in Majora's Mask, which I did appreciate at the same time. I understand the master sword is the ultimate weapon in the series and the best possible item for defeating demons and deity powered thieves when they appear. But I think that using it for most occasions that pop up almost cheapens it somehow. As if overuse makes it less of an ultimate item of the gods. And I do like how a mythical and ancient country like Hyrule would have manufactured many other magical items for fighting the many many large and imposing monsters that come about. Remember outside of the world shattering demons there are still a lot of monsters that live in and around Hyrule. As well as many other very dangerous threats like red dragons such as Volvagia or monsters like Gohma. Then you have the smaller threats like stalfos, poes, and chuchus that might require something a little better than a standard sword to take care of. So something magic might be a special needed item for many travelers, certain soldiers, and possibly some wealthier Hylians that can afford a better weapon.

The magic sword seems to fill this gap perfectly. An old sword from a past era when Hyrule was much more magical overall and it reflected in the weapons that the people who lived there used. Even the fact that it is not a legendary item but a more standard item without a name shows that it was a more common sight in the kingdom of old. Plus I ended up making one for myself a year ago.

j4Sn

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My favorite sword is the Golden Sword from A Link to the Past. The Golden Sword required powering-up the Master Sword twice, and one can really feel that it does much more damage. My close second favorite sword is the fully powered up Master Sword from the Wind Waker, just because I like the way it shines when I swing the sword.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My favorite swords would be the Golden Sword from A Link to the Past and the Razor Sword from Majora's Mask. The Golden Sword was awesome because you had to work for it by upgrading the Master Sword a couple of times. It made you want to obtain it simply because you knew that it was more powerful than the other swords that was in the game.

The Razor Sword I liked simply because of it's design. It looked pretty freaking cool and I loved to use it. The one negative thing to using this sword was because of the fact that if you were to use it 100 times it would break and not to mention that after you upgraded it to the Gilded Sword it was never seen again. That sword had potential to be used a lot more than how it was portrayed in the game. I personally would've liked to keep the Razor Sword over the Gilded Sword.

Taggerung115

Warrior
Definitely the Maser Sword.

I have even purchased a steel replica of the Master Sword online from GlobalGear. They are based in Australia and import them from overseas. For all fans living in Australia who want to own a sword replica from Legend of Zelda or even Bleach, this is the site to buy from. They do all the Customs paperwork.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I don't actually have a favourite sword, but I do like the Biggoron's Sword, the reason being. The Biggoron's Sword is so simple, no fancy crossguards, no fancy blades. It's just a simple two-handed sword that deals TONS of damage. Therefore, The Biggoron's Sword is liked, by me.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'll go with the cliché answer, the Master Sword, in particular in the recent 3D games because of the more slick design.

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
Or course i like the master sword, but however in SP, i really liked the lokomo sword because u could finally kill any phantom without finding the 3 tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom