• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Skyward Sword Dungeon?

Favorite Skyward Sword Dungeon?

• Skyview Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth Temple

• Lanaryu Mining Facility

• Ancient Cistern

• Sandship

• Fire Sanctuary

• Sky Keep

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Ooh, hard question. I think I liked Sky Keep, because it had a little bit of everything. However, the Sand Ship was pretty fun and creative too.

sandship, mostly cause u get the bow and the temple u get the bow in is usually awesome, and it was just a nice temple....

The Lanayru Mining Facility. Why? It's the 1st dungeon that really puts you to the test. It's the 1st long dungeon in the game, and the music is awesome.

I loved the Ancient Cistern for many reasons but mainly because it had very different atmospheres in almost every room. You could be in a room full of water, then go to a dark room with zombies, and get to a room full of poison from there. I loved it.

My favorite dungeon was probably the Sky Keep because of how it was a throw back to almost every dungeon prior. Also, I thought it was neat how the dungeon was actually right under your nose throughout the entire game.

S

sneakyguy24

Ancient Cistern by far.

Some of the best Zelda dungeons are the places that transcend the walls holding the labyrinth together. There's a distinct feeling, a texture and a history that speaks volumes on what transpires in the dungeon. For the Ancient Cistern there was an atmosphere given off by contrast produced form positioning the warm, heavenly regions above the sinister (and frankly, unexpected) caverns below. It was an architects depiction of heaven and hell, life and death, and the imagery was unforgettable.

On a more technical note, the dungeon was incredibly smooth in terms of game play. Each puzzle rolled off the next without being straightforward or creating a "domino effect", while enemies and boss fights never stood out of place and added a more cinematic feel to the whole crawl. It also ensured that the play would be able to gain proficiency with the whip by presenting a multitude of challenges that the item could over come (swinging over a gap, turning a leaver, ripping components off the body of Koloktos, etc.) an still ensured that the rest of the inventory would have a part to play.

This dungeon is a testament to the power of a Zelda game, bereft of the clunky modern story telling mechanics found in games today, as well as a shining example of what can happen when a few design geniuses blend art, innovation and story into an interactive medium.

P.S. I like Zelda way too much. :chu:

I'm not done the game but I don't see any temple being better than sandship. It was just a really cool idea. It felt different than any other temple that I can remember. Plus you get a really good item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom