• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Music Bands/Artists

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Oh dear God. *stretches and cracks fingers*

Neutral Milk Hotel
The Mars Volta
The Cure
Silversun Pickups
Elliott Smith
Modest Mouse
Radiohead
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
The Flaming Lips
Sonic Youth
Smashing Pumpkins

I'll stop before this is a novel :P

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I seem to cycle through my favourite artists on monthly basis, but two bands and one artist have ultimately cemented themselves as my all time favourites.

My absolute favourite band is Kaggra,. They took soft rock and added a traditional Japanese sound, giving each song its own unique element. I could easily get lost in their works for hours at a time, especially with the 燦~san~ and 珠 (Shu) albums. There's something comforting about their music and 一志's voice, and whenever I feel sad or alone, I turn to them for inspiration.

The Weakerthans have also managed to snag my attention since I first heard about them, and not only just musically. What makes this band special is the lyrics. From the four albums they have put out, they've covered an unusual variety of topics, such as the band's love/hate relationship of their hometown of Winnipeg and a couple songs penned from the perspective of the lead singer's cat. The amount of realism in their music is fantastic, and I never get bored of listening to them.

I also listen to a lot of music from Devin Townsend, but what made him a favourite is that he's really diverse in his music. He's put out some wicked extreme metal tracks, made some gentle ambient music and also made a rock musical about an alien who comes to Earth in search of the world's finest cup of coffee. There's a lot to like about this guy, and going to see him live is always a treat.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I have a lot of different bands and artists that I like but I'd have to say my absolute favorite is Fail Emotions. This song is why.

[video=youtube;nEqUTRljhxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nEqUTRljhxE[/video]

Other than them I really like Rise Against, I See Stars, A Day To Remember, Emmure, Born of Osiris, and a fair few more.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i think i posted in this years ago.. but i like punk rock.

the exploited
GBH
the casualties
anti-flag
bad religion
and a lot of other stuff.

My top 5 are:
1) System of a Down... LOVE all their songs, and are amazing live.
2) Linkin' Park
3) Motorhead
4) ACDC
5) Metallica

There are a lot of other bands that I like but these are the one's that I always go back to ^-^

Magatha

Magatha
1.) Queen. My Favorite by far.
2.) Steam Powered Giraffe. Really cool band, though not very well-known.
3.) Styx.
4.) Enya
5.) Gaelic Storm

I like a lot of different music, I could probably divide the Classic Rock, the Irish music and the Steampunk into separate categories and do top 5s for all of them, but I think this is my top 5 overall.

Ahh, what did I even listen to a year ago? Hmm. These days, I've been listening to:
Bring Me The Horizon
Pierce The Veil
Green Day
Fall Out Boy
All Time Low
My Chemical Romance
Paramore
Lorde
Blink-182
Pink Floyd

Last edited:

キラ

Yo!
I've been listening to a lot of Odd Future lately. Mostly Tyler, the Creator and Earl Sweatshirt.

I don't like a lot of rap, but they're great. They rap about subjects most rappers don't rap about. They put a lot of emotion into their music. Earl is very lyrical.You relly have to figure out what he is saying. Once you do, you realize that you're listening to someone very smart. Tyler has produced every single song he's ever made, and he has directed all of his own music videos. He also designs all of Odd Future's clothes. He's very creative.

Their production is also much different than most other rappers' music. Tyler has a song where it's mostly just piano - and he raps to it. Tyler has many keyboard chords in his songs as well as many very dark, abstract sounds in his songs. Earl also has been very personal. Tyler encourages people to not care about what others think and just be yourself. I love that.

If you want to listen to Tyler's darker stuff, there's Yonkers (his breakthrough hit), Radicals, She, Transylvania, Tron Cat, Sandwitches (it's intense)- there's many. His more recent album has a bit more calmer songs, yet still personal like Awkward, Answer (this song is amazing), Slater, Treehome, Lone, etc. He has a song where he is just speaking his mind with so much angst called Rusty, which might be my favorite song of his. Earl has a good verse on there too. Tyler's albums also have a storyline. In some songs, he's talking to a therapist named Doctor T.C.

Earl's songs are just really smart and lyrical. You can't go wrong with most of his songs. His songs are also personal. Burgundy, Sunday, Hive, Centurion, Guild, Hoarse, Knight, etc. He's just an excellent lyricist.

If you want smart lyrics, different subjects, personal subjects, and/or original production, can't go wrong with Odd Future. Other rappers in OF include Hodgy Beats, Mike G, Domo Genisis, including others. They're talented too. Look into all of them.

(They also have a very funny show on Adult Swim called Loiter Squad. There's so many videos of the show on YouTube. Look it up for a good laugh.)

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
My favorite band is They Might Be Giants. They are the only band that I have heard more than a few songs by and actually like.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've recently begun listening to a lot more of Korn, Slipknot, Dream Theater, Disturbed, System of a Down, and Deftones. I used to only know a few songs by them, but I've begun listening to whole albums, and these 6 bands are slowly crawling up to compete with my favourite metal bands, Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica.

And, if you consider it metal, Porcupine Tree is already one of my favourite bands now; however, only their more recent stuff is really metal, so I consider them more progressive rock.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
My favourite bands atm (it changes a lot) are:
The National
Mogwai
Thee Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra
Doves + Jimi Goodwin
Damon Albarn
Porcupine Tree
Crippled Black Phoenix
Alcest

And, if you consider it metal, Porcupine Tree is already one of my favourite bands now; however, only their more recent stuff is really metal, so I consider them more progressive rock.
Yes! I would consider them Prog as well. Also listen to some of Steven Wilson's solo stuff, his most recent album is incredible.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I have a really mixed batch of tastes in music.

My all time favorite musical artist has to be Elton John. He's one of the few artists who have really stuck around the music industry (about 44 years) and still releases albums somewhat frequently. He's probably best known for the music he released in the early 70's, which are arguably his best records, and his work on the animated film The Lion King. People sometimes tend to write him off these days as just another pop star, but his music tends to speak otherwise. In the last 15 or so years he's been spending a lot of his time in the music industry working with artists from multiple genres; anywhere from Eminem to Lady Gaga to Fall Out Boy to Queens of the Stone Age. He's also spent a lot of his time touring, I was lucky enough to go to one of his concerts last november (It was amazing:D). Somehow on top of all of this he still finds time to have and be with his family, who knew?

Some other music I'm into is Fall Out Boy, The Beatles, Billy Joel, Mozart, and David Bowie. Although I've been trying to broaden my tastes lately, so I've listened to and enjoyed a wide variety of artists and bands:)

キラ

Yo!
I have a broad taste in music, I think. From rap like Eminem and Tyler, The Creator, to metal like Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold, to classic rock like AC/DC and The Rolling Stones, to punk rock like blink-182 and Sum 41, to pop like Bruno Mars and Michael Jackson, to country like Johnny Cash and Kid Rock...

I like a lot more artists than that, but that gives you a basic idea of the music tastes inside the mind of Ghost. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom