• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Generation

Favorite Pokemon Generation?

• Generation I (Red/Blue/Yellow)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Generation II (Gold/Silver/Crystal)

• Generation III (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

• Generation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)

• Generation V (Black/White/Black2/White2)

• Generation VI (X/Y)

• Total voters
J

JohnLaurinaitis

People Power says two, because there are two regions you can explore, and see every pokemon from Johto and Kanto. The game is twice as fun with putting two regions in one.

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
Well, Gen 2 for me. GSC were my personal favorite Pokemon games (before their remakes) because of the dual regions, and the idea of catching all of the Pokemon was still not as impossible back then as it is today (curse you, Feebas!)

I will always love the original Gen, but the second Gen really built upon the strengths and didn't lose its way like other later gens did. Gen 2 brought that i consider to be the last of the classic pokemon; Mareep, Unown, Smeargle, Lugia, Slowking, Marill, Scizor, houndoom, misdreavus are all awesome and i don't see any other pokemon from any other generation as being worthy of being noted as standout.

I like generation 2 the best because of the same reason a lot of others seem to like it: two regions. I haven't played much of the newer generations though I do own Emerald, Diamond and Black. So I've owned at least one of each generation but haven't played through them all like I did the first two generations.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
From first to last, I'd go Johto, Hoenn, Unova, Sinnoh, and then Kanto. Zat's right, America. Come and get me (in a German accent). OK, here are my main reasons:

Johto: Had improved evolutions from Kanto, such as Scizor, Bellossm, and Steelix, while also having amazing original pokemon, with special mention going to Skarmory and Ampharos. The Overworld was also very original and is always a Nurse Joy to explore, while also feeling the most Japanese. And you could even go to Kanto and fight it's Gym Leaders, and then even Red! And while Kanto is pretty much the same, it did make some very noticable changes, like the magnet train and the remains of the Safari Zone, which was thankfully put into Johto in the remakes.

Hoenn: This region had more un-creative designs, but made up for it by adding abilities, the unique pokemon castform, and TWO different bad guy groups. But for some odd reason, they don't use their signature types. Anyways, the overworld was somewhat non-linear (in my eyes), and had included pokemon contests, which aren't as cool as in the anime, but still takes away the stress of battling. The Gym Leaders are very tough now, with a fighting type as the second gym, the electric gym can be a total annoyance unless you choose mudkip and evolve him, and the psychic double battle that's annoying unless you choose Mudkip.

Unova: This region, while it has the fewest creative pokemon, are very good in battle and have such unique typings, such as Ferrothorn and Volcorona. The overworld, while having no access to non-unova pokemon (unless you're going to get celebi and the shiny legendary dogs), is still fun to explore and has tons of hidden items and rare pokemon. The Gym leaders are all great (besides that Spammer Elysia), and their gyms being so enjoyable, with special mention going to Skyla's and Iris'. (I choose White) And every time I see the Vanillite line, I go "Om nom nom"! That kids, was an onomatopoeia, a word that describes a sound. :nerd:

Sinnoh: Sinnoh is probably the best first game for a new pokemon player. Why? Because the game just feels too slow. The pokemon are somewhat creative or just likable, unlike others (Purugly). The overworld probably has the most details, but mainly in the towns, while out in the fields it just feels like I'm replaying Johto, which ironically enough was remade during this Gen. Now, the storyline of this game (more platinum than the others) was incredibily dark, but just felt a little boring to me. However this game, like Unova, had quite a lot of replay value, in which you gain access to a new island where you can catch Hetran and Skarmory.

Kanto: I can just imagine all the fanboys (including my older brother) screaming at me, but this is my opinion, so just listen. It's not that I hate it, it's just that it was the first game, and still needed a little time to develop, which I think Johto finished. While most of the pokemon appeal to me, others, like Victoribell, Meowth, and Tentacurel I mearly just shrug off. The overworld was pretty bland, but again, this was the first game. The gyms were just about average, but LT Surge's gym was particularly unique, and had an terrible aroma of fish. :lol:

All in all, no generation/region of pokemon is bad, it's just a matter of which you like better, and what kind of person you are.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom