• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Boss in PH

What was your favorite boss in PH?

• Blaaz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyclok

• Crayk

• Cubus Sisters

• Dongorongo

• Gleeok

• Eox

• Bellum

• Total voters

Shnappy

derp
I thought that PH had a lot of really unique and fun bosses to fight; so what was your favorite? Here's what I think of them.

1. Eox: I think the main reason that Eox is my favorite boss in this game is because it is just so much fun to use the Hammer. The fight was pretty intense for the most part, even though it might have been kind of easy. I didn't get bored of how many times you had to use the Hammer to spring up towards him and hit the little red panels across his huge stone body. Speaking of his huge stone body, I liked how massive it made him look with two screens, and how he simply dwarfs Link. The second phase was pretty cool, the one where he was just a head, bouncing around the floor. At first I was a bit puzzled, and sprung with the Hammer and tried constantly hitting the panel on his head with the Hammer. Luckily, I happened to land on his head, and had the ability to slash away at that panel. When that happened, I was thinking "Whoah. That was cool, man". Overall really fun to use the Hammer in efforts to defeat this massive boss.

2. Gleeok: The Gleeok fight, like the Eox one, centered around one item, and in this case it was the Grappling Hook, another one of the amazing items in PH. I was stuck for a couple of minutes before I did any damage, until I was able to make a rope on the pegs and reflect the fireball correctly. I liked that this fight was actually kind of challenging (at least in my opinion). Some good timing was needed to make the rope correctly on the pegs, and some times during my fight against Gleeok I beat the fireball for about half a second. Gleeok's attacks were pretty cool, especially the tidal wave. The tidal wave really threw me off at first. When the heads went underwater, I was expecting some kind of shock wave, or tidal wave. But I didn't have the sense to climb atop a peg, though, haha. I also liked how it wasn't just a single tidal wave, and that's it, but rather, it was preceded by chunks of ice flowing down. As for Gleeok's second phase, it was much like the first phase, even though it didn't seem like it. It, like the first phase, also stumped me at first. I didn't think about it hard, and just tried grappling Gleeok's tongue, but that did me no good, and it was very unique that you had to tie it's head to a peg and slash at it. Not very obvious, and overall this was probably the most challenging fight for me in the game, and I love challenging fights.

3. Dongorongo: Another very unique boss fight. It was awesome controlling Gorongo, and he made this fight pretty fun. After ramming in to his side, and opening the bridge for Link, we must go to the item of the dungeon, the Bombchu, another one of my favorites. Then it's just the basic stunning with the Bombchu, and slashing at him. This repetitive process never bored me out. You had to be very active in this fight, and I liked the challenge of that. And just when we thought we were good... When we thought this boss was dead, he wakes up again, and we've got to go at it again. There was nothing that special about this phase. It was nothing more than throwing a bomb in his mouth and slashing him more, but the fight as a whole seemed to be a bit more active than other boss fight and I enjoyed that aspect of it.

4. Bellum (Spoiler Warning?): There was quite a bit to this here Bellum fight. Let's start with the first phase. It was fun when he was all closed up, and you had to grapple off the goo and slash him. But when he got up in the air, and you had to shoot his eyes, that got a bit repetitive, and his little minions, creatures, whatever you want to call him, got in the way and were essentially pretty annoying. Although, It was pretty awesome how this phase of the fight used two screens. Like Eox, it did a really awesome job of showing how the boss simply dwarfed Link. Now, on to the second phase. After lots of cutscenes, and a short bombing of the ghost ship, we get to fight Bellum one on one, against Linebeck's Bellum-posessed body. I love one on one sword fights in Zelda. And this was a pretty good one. After a small cutscene, Ciela is trapped on Bellum's back, and we are now able to use the top screen to see his back. It was cool how this had a little twist from most boss fights of this fashion, as it wasn't stun him and slash at him. It was stun him and get a ball of light from Ciela, and then waiting until the eye on his back was open to draw the Hourglass and then slash his frozen back. This was overall a decent final boss fight, and didn't disappoint me too much.

5. Crayk: The main reason this fight was enjoyable was because of the top screen utilization, but not because this time it looks cool, and shows how the boss dwarfs Link. But it was really interesting, how you can see in his eyes, and use that to try and shoot the invisible boss. The Bow and Arrow wasn't necessarily the most convenient or fun to use item, so it wasn't really too fun to try and shoot off the purple orbs in order to break his armor off, but it's not like it was all that bad, so not really something to complain about. There's not that much to say about his second phase. It was just the simple get around him and slash his tail, but it was a moderate challenge, so I guess I liked it. Not too much too this boss, but it had a really interesting and fun first phase.

6. Blaaz: Being the first boss in the game, there wasn't really much complexity to this boss. But I saw it as a solid opening to the game, and how much it optimizes the DS' features throughout the game and in the different bosses that are encountered further in the game. The entirety of this fight was stunning Blaaz through hurting the smaller versions of him, and then slashing at his stunned true form. I liked how you had to use the top screen to see which order you had to hit the Mini-Blaazes with the boomerang. The fight wasn't anything more than just slashing him after that and repeating the process, but it was a good first boss to start off the game.

7. Cubus Sisters: Not exactly the most exciting boss. Though again, good utilization of the top screen on this fight. This fight was your basic volleyball fight that has appeared numerous times throughout the series. Though I was pretty disappointed that it was nothing more than that. They only had one other attack, if I remember correctly, and it was easily avoided. Even though it was a pretty painful process, but I liked how this boss was sort of "built up" throughout the dungeon, by bringing the four Cubus Sisters back to that certain spot. But this fight sort of disappointed me, but it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

8. Cyclok: This boss was pretty bland. Only one phase to it, but I guess that's not too big of a deal, considering it was only the second boss of the game. This fight was easy, but not in a good way. It kind of went on for a while. To beat him, all you had to do was throw bomb's in to the cyclones he conjured, and if those bombs got him, slashing him in his stunned state. Like most bosses, the fight got progressively more difficult, but in this fight, not in a good way. I usually like how the challenge slowly gets bigger, but in this fight it just made the fight more annoying. When he was almost defeated, it was pretty difficult and irritating to get a bomb in the right cyclone and up on to him. Just an overall annoying fight that really dragged on.

Those are my thoughts (I don't suggest explaining that much unless you really want to), so again, what do you think of these bosses and what was your favorite one?

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Dongorongo: He was a pretty difficult boss for those people who are kind of new to the Goron's controls. I thought this boss was pretty cool due to the fact that there is two parts to this boss fight, one part is you need to use Gorongo to attack him to fall sideways, thus showing his weakness. Then there is the part were you must fight him on your own! He was a spectacular boss, one of my favorites!

Link Master

The Hero's Master
My favorite boss was dongorogo because you had to switch the characters you control and it was a two part boss one with Link and Gongoron and the second part with just Link. Also that is my favorite dungeon.

2. Gleeok: The Gleeok fight, like the Eox one, centered around one item, and in this case it was the Grappling Hook, another one of the amazing items in PH. I was stuck for a couple of minutes before I did any damage, until I was able to make a rope on the pegs and reflect the fireball correctly. I liked that this fight was actually kind of challenging (at least in my opinion). Some good timing was needed to make the rope correctly on the pegs, and some times during my fight against Gleeok I beat the fireball for about half a second. Gleeok's attacks were pretty cool, especially the tidal wave. The tidal wave really threw me off at first. When the heads went underwater, I was expecting some kind of shock wave, or tidal wave. But I didn't have the sense to climb atop a peg, though, haha. I also liked how it wasn't just a single tidal wave, and that's it, but rather, it was preceded by chunks of ice flowing down. As for Gleeok's second phase, it was much like the first phase, even though it didn't seem like it. It, like the first phase, also stumped me at first. I didn't think about it hard, and just tried grappling Gleeok's tongue, but that did me no good, and it was very unique that you had to tie it's head to a peg and slash at it. Not very obvious, and overall this was probably the most challenging fight for me in the game, and I love challenging fights.
My favorite boss. And you summed it up pretty well. Like you, I also got stuck for a little while reflecting the attack the wrong way!

my favorite boss was eox. i love how intimidating he looks, even if he is easy. i mean just run through his legs and he'll look around wildly having no idea were you are. he's a pushover for a 7th boss :lol: .

R

Rvby

My favorite would have to be Bellum.
Its the ONLY boss fight that took me more than 1 try to beat.
Possible spoiler:Those stupid minion things are so annoying. It's also fun how many different stages there are. Now the ship part took me FOREVER TO DO.

My favorite boss in PH was Eox. It was really unique how it was just a pile of junk, and sudenly got built into a statue. I really liked the '3D' ness in the battle, and had a great scheme. I liked jumping up in the air, and trying to attack its weak spots.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
Crayk. I loved the top screen vision approach given to us. The other bosses were pretty fun too, but this one stood out to me.

O

Onox50

Eox, even though the boss battle was pretty easy... You can't get any more epic than a giant statue.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Eox was an extremely fun battle, and a creative one at that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there wasn't a single boss that you had to battle quite like that in other games, with an aerial battle.

I also had a lot of fun with Bellum's first phase. it was really creative how the battle took place over three different stories. The first form was way better than his final form.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
The final duel with Bellum was really fun, but extremely easy once you find out how. When I replayed the final duel, I beat him in under a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom