• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite 25th Anniversary CD Orchestration?

Skywaker

Cheese & bacon potato
I have searched and I don't believe there is a thread with this topic so I'm posting it. (I might be wrong!)

As all of you know, there is a special 25th Anniversary CD of 8 orchestrations included in the Skyward Sword case. To all of those who listened to it: Which one out of 8 is your favorite and why?

My personal favorite is a tie of Ballad of the Goddess (track 8) and the Zelda 25th Anniversary Medley (track 1 I believe? I'm not exactly sure. xD)

Ballad of the Goddess is the freaking awesome theme of SS, of course, so there's no reason for me to dislike that. But most importantly, what I loved about that song was the entire song in general. The different parts fit together well, and also I liked how the composers made it a backwards version of Zelda's Lullaby and made it sound so...beautiful. (': xD

The Zelda 25th Anniversary Medley, while listening to it, brought back memories as I heard little snipits of my favorite themes from past Zelda games. Like Ballad of the Goddess, it is very beautiful and phenomenal.

So, what's yours?

Last edited:
My two are the Main Them Medley because its so powerful, and the added touch of the familiar triforce jingle just before A Link the the Past's title screen is a wonderful touch.

My second is the Gerudo Valley theme tune, its very catchy and one of the best arrangements i've heard for it. =]

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess one! Once I hear the start music to TP, I get excited : D and wait for the part thats missing the howl, and i`ll add it in xD I love it <3

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
In order of preference:
Track 7: Main Theme Medley - Just the best IMO, it did a great job of capturing everything.
Track 6: Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement - I really liked how the atmosphere was captured, I always listen to it.
Track 8: Ballad of the Goddess - It's just... good. Really good.
Track 4: Gerudo Valley - Better than the version present in OoT by far.
Track 1: 25th Anniversary Medley - I like how it incorporated all of the best tunes from the years.
Track 3: Wind Waker Symphonic Movement - I really preferred the second half over the first, but it was all good.
Track 5: Great Fairy's Theme - Not a fan of it, but it helps relax me on occasion.
Track 2: Kakariko Village (Twilight Princess) - I really didn't like how it sounded to me. Also, it said it was from twilight Princess, but It sounded nothing like the in-game music at all.

All of them are fabulous but the Gerudo Valley theme especially blows me away! I don't know how Nintendo crafted something so glorious. Right away your heart leaps as the pace grows rapider and rapider. Skyward Sword's orchestrations felt rather hollow compared to this marvel. There is hope however for a symbiosis between the stellar soundtrack the series is renowned for and this leaps to orchestration.

[video=youtube;THdRs7grqhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THdRs7grqhE[/video]

ENA-three!

the man from mars
i like track 4. gerudo valley and track 6 at the 6 minute mark when they play ganondorfs music, its awesome!

They're all pretty great, but I just love the Gerudo Valley theme. The Main Theme Medley is pretty amazing, though.

M

MinishLoftwing

I love singing along to The Ballad of the Godess, in Hylian or English, so I guess that's my favourite!

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Gerudo valley theme left me in awe. I loved that track and think they did such a great job with it. It really gave me that sense of adventure and captured the moment of when Link is crossing the empty desert in hopes of finding the desert colossus. I also loved the Ballad of the Goddess. It really is a great song

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
They are all so good, it's really hard to choose.
Top 3 (no particular order)
-Greudo Valley
-Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement
-Ballad of the Goddess
I didn't really like (compared to the others):
-Kakariko Village
-Greay Fairy's Fountain Theme

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom