• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Fan Fiction: The Skull Kid and the Mask

Ganondork

goo
Where am I? Skull Kid thought to himself. It was unlike anywhere he had ever been. The trees he was once sheltered by were long gone. In front of him was a fog. He continued forward in search of the trees he was used to seeing, but as he continued forward, he realized he was even farther away than before. He decided to turn around and walk from there. There was still nothing. He continued for what felt like hours until he came across a tall structure. He walked inside. It was damp, and cold. He suppressed a shiver as he walked on. “What is this place?” He asked. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up.
“Have no fear,” the man said; his voice was soft and soothing. “You are in Termina.” He smiled a big smile. He had on his back a large pack, stuffed to a point where its contents might spill out. His reddish hair would stick out in any crowd. He was slightly hunched over, and he seemed to squint a lot. “I am the Happy Mask Salesman.” He said. Skull Kid felt a chill go down his spine as he said that. He looked like he was a nice man, but he still wasn’t trustworthy. “Would you like to continue on to Clock Town?” He asked. Skull Kid could only manage a nod. With a smile, the Happy Mask Salesman grabbed the Skull Kid’s hand. He tried to pull his hand back, but the Happy Mask Salesman had a vice-like grip on him. With a snap of his fingers, they were at the clock tower in Clock Town. “Well, here we are,” He said, “pleasure doing business with you.” He walked away, but dropped something out of his backpack…
Skull Kid waited to see if the man would notice, but he didn’t and soon was out of sight. He examined the object. A mask? Skull Kid wondered. It was red and purple, shaped like a heart and had spikes protruding on the sides. Skull Kid wanted to try it on but a dark feeling washed over him when he held it. He collected rupees out in Hyrule Field from the grasses. Until he had accumulated around 500, he went into town. He bought a leathery container for the mask. Placing it inside, he never let the container leave his sight. As the days turned into weeks, Skull Kid began to notice the change in the weather. It was colder, much colder. He walked into a nearby log and tried to get warm. All he could do was shiver. Suddenly, two small fairies appeared before him, one yellow and the a dark red. “Who are you?” Skull Kid asked.
“I’m Tael.” The black one said, “and this is Tatl.” Skull Kid stood up and stared at them. “You know, you look funny.” Tatl said. He was obviously talking about his beak and Skull Kid knew it. He looked down at the container and noticed it was shimmering. He ignored the weird burning on his thigh and walked with the two fairies. He learned that Tael enjoyed having fun and Tatl kept them out of trouble.
Months had passed since he had met Tatl and Tael and he had never been this happy. However, as each day went by, he seemed to be weaker and weaker. Finally, he decided to look at his container. It was ripped! He saw the corner of the mask and a wave of relief went through him. He held it in his hand for a moment. “What are you looking at?” Tael asked. Skull Kid didn’t respond. “Hello?” Tael persisted, “You going to answer me?” But Skull Kid wasn’t paying attention, he was mesmerized. He had to put the mask on. He felt like this was the meaning of his entire life; to wear this mask. He finally gave in to the feeling. He slowly put the mask on. “Whoa, what are you-“Tael got cut off as a large wave of red energy shot around Skull Kid.
“Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!” Skull Kid laughed. His voice it seemed changed. Tatl and Tael shot backwards, unable to control themselves. For a moment, Skull Kid was levitating, his power radiating off of him. “You two, you’re coming with me.”
“And what if we don-“Tatl began.
“Don’t question me, Tatl, just do it!” Skull Kid screeched. His voice was now commanding and powerful. They couldn’t stop him. As they followed Skull Kid blindly, they noticed fog was forming around his feet. A figure with a horse was walking towards them. Skull Kid ran full speed at the boy and knocked him out cold. He searched through his bags until he found a small instrument. It was blue and had multiple holes. He examined it carefully. Satisfied, he fled into the temple-like structure he had come upon once before. He had never noticed the large gaps in the opening room, but quickly hopped from platform to platform. The mask seemed to give him power. He walked into the next room and waited. He finally found who he was looking for. The boy came in. He didn’t say a word, but Skull Kid knew what he wanted. “Want this?” He asked with a smirk, holding out the Ocarina of Time. The boy took a step forward. “Not so fast.” That voice was not his. He knew that for sure. It seemed like somebody – or something – could control him. His thoughts, his movements, everything. He felt a powerful surge of energy; something was going to happen to the boy. He felt that somewhere somebody else was suffering; dying even. Suddenly, the boy was a Deku Scrub. The feeling of pain from somewhere else was gone, silent, never to be seen or heard from again.
Skull Kid ran to the exit and the door shut tightly behind him.
From there, began the story of a boy, a fairy, a mask, and three days. A race against time, and time was on the boy’s side. There, began the story of Majora’s Mask.

Last edited:

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Aaaaaawesome. That is so frickin awesome. My favorite part is how the Happy Mask Salesman "drops" Majora's Mask. Really good story. You're an awesome writer.

Ganondork

goo
Cool story. You made one mistake, and that's that Tatl is yellowish and Tael is red, albeit a dark red.​
I was thinking I got mixed up during the entire writing of it. Thanks for the heads up, I'll get to working on it now

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I found this story to be an alright venture.

Your sentence structure does seem a little repetitive every now and then, with sentences that feel like they could have been combined or non existent. Other than that, I must say your diction is very good, and your styling impressive when it does.

(Minor nitpick: I think you should space out paragraphs for when other characters start to speak.)

Ganondork

goo
I found this story to be an alright venture.

Your sentence structure does seem a little repetitive every now and then, with sentences that feel like they could have been combined or non existent. Other than that, I must say your diction is very good, and your styling impressive when it does.

(Minor nitpick: I think you should space out paragraphs for when other characters start to speak.)​

I find that to be a common thing in my writing, sadly.. :( As for spacing out my paragraphs, do you think I should press enter twice, cause I would do it only once.

Ganondork

goo
Wow very nice work , i did enjoy it. Keep on writing! ;)

Do you really think so? I love writing, but I hate when I feel like the writing is really bad (which is almost all the time) :\

Ganondork

goo
Ok, now that is awesome! Just amazing! You're a really good writer!​

Really? You guys like it this much? As I read it over and over again, I feel like it lacks structure, and action, and depth -.-

Ganondork

goo
Well, spacing it out twice does leave for a nice spread.

If you want, I could look at any stories you have and help you edit them.

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have any other than that one typed up on the computer, my language arts teacher threw out all of my good ones since I did them in school. I'm gonna be typing up more, so I'll add you as a friend, k?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Thanks, unfortunately I don't have any other than that one typed up on the computer, my language arts teacher threw out all of my good ones since I did them in school. I'm gonna be typing up more, so I'll add you as a friend, k?

My big suggestion here is, whenever you want to write something good, print it out. You'll find more mistakes on a piece of paper than you will on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom