• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fairy Fountains Not Working!

B

benmo

I have an interesting problem that I can't seem to figure out.

Every time I go to a Great Fairy Fountain, as an adult or as a child, I stand directly over the Triforce symbol and play Zelda's Lullaby.

Nothing happens. Ever. I've tried this dozens of times in each fountain. It never works.

I can't seem to figure out what I might be doing wrong. Maybe it's something stupid? Is there a task I haven't completed that I'm overlooking?

Thanks! Ben

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
It has to be a glitch. Are you playing on an N64, Virtual Console, or emulator?

Because this shoud not happen...

B

benmo

I'm playing on N64. It's odd that the glitch would be this specific. I feel like if there were some kind of damage to the media, then it would cause other problems besides just this one specific thing.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Have you tried to blow the cartridge? Maybe something is hiding inside, blocking that feature or something...

Kazumi

chagy
It shouldn't be a problem with your game. And I've never heard of this glitch before. So you must not be standing in the right place.

1. When you take out your Ocarina while standing on the Triforce, do you hear the "you have found a secret" noise. That little dingy thing?

2. When you play the notes, does it say that you have just played Zelda's Lullaby?

3. This may be silly, but are you sure you have not gotten the items already (This is very unlikely, because even if you did get them, she should come anyway.)

Check these things, and if it's none of those, then I don't think I can help you.

Din Akera

Sniper
this has happened to me before, and is an easy fix.
You HAVE to go to the great fairy on top of death mountain FIRST.

If you try to go to the other fairies before that one, they won't work. It doesn't register that you have played the song.

B

benmo

Din Akera,

You solved it! I knew it would be something I hadn't done in sequence or some challenge I had overlooked. I tried the other fountains first, and none of them were working. But I went to the one on the top of the mountain first, and now they all work.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I feel a little silly!

B

benmo

Din Akera,

You solved it! I knew it would be something I hadn't done in sequence or some challenge I had overlooked. I tried the other fountains first, and none of them were working. But I went to the one on the top of the mountain first, and now they all work.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I feel a little silly!

Din Akera

Sniper
The reason for this is that most of the fairies give you magic abilities (Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, Naryu's love, more magic.) And the one on top of death mountain is the ones that gives you the magic meter in the first place, so you have to go see her first before the others can give you their rewards.

A

Alpha Matt

I have an interesting problem that I can't seem to figure out.

Every time I go to a Great Fairy Fountain, as an adult or as a child, I stand directly over the Triforce symbol and play Zelda's Lullaby.

Nothing happens. Ever. I've tried this dozens of times in each fountain. It never works.

I can't seem to figure out what I might be doing wrong. Maybe it's something stupid? Is there a task I haven't completed that I'm overlooking?

Thanks! Ben

Wow sounds epic. Could you put up a video on it please, this has never happed before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom