• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ever fantasized that it was you who created a series?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I used to do this all the time when I was a kid. It may seem a little cruel to want to take someone's creation from them, but it's just a fantasy. In fact, I think it's the mark of a good fan. Loving a work of art so much that you wish you were creative enough to do it yourself. Jealousy could be the beginning of inspiration, perhaps. I feel a little embarrassed revealing some of mine, but I think we all have at least one popular work of art that we wished had created it.

I've felt this at least once about all of my favorite anime: Clannad, Rurouni Kenshin(of course), Fairy Tail.

Obviously there's not much use to doing this, you can't change the past. But like I said, maybe you can take inspiration from something you list. For example: I would've loved to have been the creator of Superman. From that jealousy I've been inspired by Superman to go to the gym and get myself in the best physical form I can. So in my own way, I can be Superman.

Reveal your inner fanboy/girl and list some of your "inspirations" and maybe share how they changed you.
No Legend of Zelda

No, because i'd rather create my own thing. Nothing wrong with being inspired but 'wishing that was mine' would only be for monetary gain since I would never assume to understand the art better than the creator.

Though this doesnt stop me sometimes from thinking i could do better by a certain series. I think many of us could have made a better Metroid game than Other M and i've often thought about the kind i'd make if i could.

But as for wanting something to be mine. No.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Not wished I had created a series either apart from for the money. Harry Potter would have been a great one to have written for instance.

But with a few series (and I am not doing hard mode) such as Zelda I wished I had creative direction over after a certain point (after TP the last great Zelda).

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Not fantasised that I created it as such but I often dream I could write an amazing fantasy novel like lord of the rings. I have a story already in my head just never wrote it down because I wasn' s anyone would want to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom