• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

EV Training Guide (X/Y)

Ok, so I trained my Mawile in the three IV stats that she had. I went to the Super training area and was told something like this: Amazing..yadayadayada, your pokemon is a fully trained Pokémon. Am I done with the EV training then?

This is indication that you have maxed out the amount of EV points you can give to Mawile, so yes you are done with EV training :D. All you can do now is level up Mawile.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
This is indication that you have maxed out the amount of EV points you can give to Mawile, so yes you are done with EV training :D. All you can do now is level up Mawile.

Seriously? Whoooo! :D :party: I never thought I'd be able to do it. Ev training seemed difficult, but I am glad I was able to do it correctly. Thanks for letting me know, btw.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I'm thinking about EV training my Pokemon but I have a few questions before I do.

First of all, Does the Super Training do the same thing as other-source EV training? And if my Pokemon are already maxed with super-training, can they be EV trained further?
Also- Most of my X/Y pokemon are in their 70s-80s range. Is this too old to EV train them? (meaning is it too close to 100 to EV train them?)
And, each and every one of my battle-ready pokemon are maxed out in the Super-Training- self done.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I'm thinking about EV training my Pokemon but I have a few questions before I do.

First of all, Does the Super Training do the same thing as other-source EV training?

Yes.

Akuhime-sama said:
And if my Pokemon are already maxed with super-training, can they be EV trained further?

Not without using a Reset Bag.

Akuhime-sama said:
Also- Most of my X/Y pokemon are in their 70s-80s range. Is this too old to EV train them? (meaning is it too close to 100 to EV train them?)

Pokemon can be EV trained even at lv.100. Just use them in battle once and it'll guaruntee that the EVs will update.

Akuhime-sama said:
And, each and every one of my battle-ready pokemon are maxed out in the Super-Training- self done.

Sounds like you're done there.

Akuhime-sama

Yes.
Not without using a Reset Bag.
Pokemon can be EV trained even at lv.100. Just use them in battle once and it'll guaruntee that the EVs will update.
Sounds like you're done there.
Okay- thank you.
I hadn't been informed in-depth what the Super Training did, or even how to EV train, so I'm glad you cleared that up for me.
However- I have a new question.

Part of the original post said something about "Only certain values count, depending on the Pokemon"- and I have to know- what's meant by this?
Does this mean, in Super-Training my Pokemon, I've done-goofed?

What I did was- for most of my Pokemon- trained them in the stats I wanted them most to have. I like to be balanced with all my characters in any Number-Based-Leveling-System, so I usually trained them to be balanced. Meaning, I would up multiple stats, not just a single one, like it seems to be implying in the original post.

So, by upping multiple stats, have I wasted EVs?

Terminus

Okay- thank you.
I hadn't been informed in-depth what the Super Training did, or even how to EV train, so I'm glad you cleared that up for me.
However- I have a new question.

Part of the original post said something about "Only certain values count, depending on the Pokemon"- and I have to know- what's meant by this?
Does this mean, in Super-Training my Pokemon, I've done-goofed?

What I did was- for most of my Pokemon- trained them in the stats I wanted them most to have. I like to be balanced with all my characters in any Number-Based-Leveling-System, so I usually trained them to be balanced. Meaning, I would up multiple stats, not just a single one, like it seems to be implying in the original post.

So, by upping multiple stats, have I wasted EVs?

It depends on what you're using a 'mon for. A Foretress should never have speed or attack investment, investing bulk in a Greninja makes no sense, and never ever give a Darmanitan Special Attack. Play to a Pokemon's existing strengths (in terms of base stats).

Akuhime-sama

It depends on what you're using a 'mon for. A Foretress should never have speed or attack investment, investing bulk in a Greninja makes no sense, and never ever give a Darmanitan Special Attack. Play to a Pokemon's existing strengths (in terms of base stats).
Ah, okay.
I get'cha.

But wait a sec- Darmanitan is a fire-type, and there are many fire-based specials- one of witch- (my fave fire move)- Flamethrower, and having a great Attack won't increase the power of that move since it's not a physical move. Special Attack would help that, right?

At least when it comes to attacks, shouldn't it depend on whether or not you use more physical or specials?

Ans what do you mean "Investing Bulk" in Greninja? Like- you mean balanced?

Terminus

Ah, okay.
I get'cha.

But wait a sec- Darmanitan is a fire-type, and there are many fire-based specials- one of witch- (my fave fire move)- Flamethrower, and having a great Attack won't increase the power of that move since it's not a physical move. Special Attack would help that, right?

At least when it comes to attacks, shouldn't it depend on whether or not you use more physical or specials?

Ans what do you mean "Investing Bulk" in Greninja? Like- you mean balanced?

I use that as an example because Darmanitan has a terrible Special Attack stat. His STAB move of choice is a Sheer Force boosted Flare Blitz, with three other coverage moves (such as Rock Slide, U-Turn, Superpower, Earthquake, etc...).

"Bulk" refers to HP/Defensive investment.

Akuhime-sama

I use that as an example because Darmanitan has a terrible Special Attack stat. His STAB move of choice is a Sheer Force boosted Flare Blitz, with three other coverage moves (such as Rock Slide, U-Turn, Superpower, Earthquake, etc...).

"Bulk" refers to HP/Defensive investment.
Ah. I don't really use that pokemon, so I'm not used to it.

Why would HP/Defense be all that bad on Greninja?
If it has low stat in that, then wouldn't it be wise to up it? Of course, you might be coming from the standpoint of its speed and attack power. If it has high speed, then it wouldn't matter since it should be able to take out enemies one-hit and be the first to move, so- no harm no foul there, since it wouldn't have a chance to get hit. But- in the off-chance it does, wouldn't that hurt? (granted that you're facing someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to type-matchups)

Ah. I don't really use that pokemon, so I'm not used to it.

Why would HP/Defense be all that bad on Greninja?
If it has low stat in that, then wouldn't it be wise to up it? Of course, you might be coming from the standpoint of its speed and attack power. If it has high speed, then it wouldn't matter since it should be able to take out enemies one-hit and be the first to move, so- no harm no foul there, since it wouldn't have a chance to get hit. But- in the off-chance it does, wouldn't that hurt? (granted that you're facing someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to type-matchups)

It's because Greninja is so frail that even if it had some hp and def/Spdef EV investments it most likely wouldn't survive many hits either way. On the other hand having some EV investment in speed could be a life saver. For example Greninja have 122 base speed and Mega Salamance have 120 base speed. If you are up against a Mega Salamance with maxed out speed then you will need to also be maxed out in speed to out speed it. That is why you try to invest on a Pokemon strengths so it can be better than the other Pokemon investing in the same strenghts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom