• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Eurpean Box Art Released

Nickster

Sensei Sampai Sama
I like both box arts, but I prefer the North American box art. They should have an inside out box art like how the PS3 game boxes are like.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll ask a similar question here.

I'll be in Italy on June 17th when OoT is released there. If I get an Italian copy (only as a souvenir as it won't work on a North American 3DS), will the Title on the box art be in Italian? If it's still in English then eh, forget it. But if it's in Italian that'd be a really cool souvenir to me.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I like the european box art better. Sure the gold is cool, but just like the american box art for the DS games it is a bit empty and boring. The european versions have a more colorful background and atmosphere. I like that they put lon lon ranch and hyrule castle town in the background.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll ask a similar question here.

I'll be in Italy on June 17th when OoT is released there. If I get an Italian copy (only as a souvenir as it won't work on a North American 3DS), will the Title on the box art be in Italian? If it's still in English then eh, forget it. But if it's in Italian that'd be a really cool souvenir to me.

I think only the background information and manual will be in Italian, but I don't live in Italy so I'm not 100% certain. The Dutch version of the game still has the english title and the game is in english and I can't remember seeing a german or french zelda game with the title in german/french.

This is great, I get the better one. :P
I don't really think it sums it up, though. Like Phantom Hourglass' box art was Link in a boat, which is basically what he does half the game, and likewise with Spirit Tracks. Link riding Epona in Hyrule field doesn't really sum it up to my satisfaction. It does look good, though, but oddly bright considering the way the story ends up, if you ask me.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Hmm, I can't really decide which one I like better. Ours (EU) is more detailed but the gold of the NA version maybe makes it look more valauable.
I wonder how the Japanese one looks... do they have the same box art as the EU one? At least their official OoT3D site (was posted here some days ago) uses the same logo: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aqej/index.html
Another thing that's strange are the ratings for the game: It's 10+ in the US, 12+ in the EU but 6+ in Germany (according to http://www.nintendo.de/NOE/de_DE/ga...legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_3d_31475.html on the right side under "Altersfreigabe"; we don't participate in the PEGI system). Makes me wonder how they come up with such huge differences.

I still think the NA box art is better. The European box art looks good, but I like the simplicity of the NA box art.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I really like both of them, but if I had to pick, I think I'd take the North American. I like the mysteriousness of it and the old-y feel.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I like the box art! It is bright BUT I like the pic of link on the NA one better because it is epic. Link on Epona holding his sword is an epic picture. They should have used that one. But still I like it. Both versions are cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom