• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Easiest Temples (and Bosses) EVER in Zelda Series?!

T

Tranceparty455

Okay dudes, is it just me or do the temples in this game seem extremely easy to beat? The bosses too! In the Mining Facility the boss took three slices of the sword to take out it. I really feel like the temples themselves are easy, and the storyline leading to it is way more complicated than it should be i.e. horrible puzzle in isle of songs?? What do you guys think???

T

Tranceparty455

yeah, that was pretty easy... but idk something is missing

I don't agree at all. Many of them are not the hardest dungeons in the series, but I felt plenty of the puzzles have legitimate challenge at times, particularly in the Lanayru Mining Facility and Sky Keep. That said, the bosses I felt were challenging as well, and so were the mini-bosses and normal enemy fights.

And I'm not trying to be rude, but your statement about Moldarach is false. It takes more than three strikes to take out each individual claw, and that's not counting his second phase (although I believe that may go down in three hits). Either way... uh, every boss in Twilight Princess and pretty much The Wind Waker too goes down in three hits; Skyward Sword bosses often have a lot more than three hits worth of health.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like Axle said, Sky Keep provided some challenge beyond the regular SS dungeon. Major headscratcher, and even though I absolutely hate and would never want another Sky Keep-type dungeon to return, they're definitely a worthy challenge. Most of SS' dungeons I felt were just too...small, I guess. We didn't see enough of the underworld of Ancient Cistern IMO, most dungeons didn't have more than two floors. I dunno. They're good dungeons, but I didn't like their difficulty level.

I don't believe that SS' bosses are the easiest healthwise (honour reserved for TWW and TP), however by strategy I personally found that they're about as easy as Twilight Princess' bosses – biggest difference being we don't usually find a weakspot in SS bosses and we just wave our sword around like fools. I mean, compare Diababa to Ghirahim. With Dia, we have to first bomb him THEN attack his crazily weak weakspot. Ghirahim, we just have to lead him on [that's kinda creepy thinking about it] then we can attack like crazy. To most, Ghirahim would be the harder boss and rightfully so – we've never as far as I know had a boss like him (though Iron Knuckles from AoL were sort of like him).

Bosses throughout the Zelda series, not just SS, could use multiple phases that go beyond 1 on 1 fighting though. That's another factor – despite the size of any boss, we still only fight that boss and that boss only (with the exception of, say, Twinrova).

Wind Waker's dungeons were much simpler. Skyward Sword had more streamlined dungeons. They were shorter and there were no branching paths or extra rooms. This might be where you are getting the impression that they are simpler.

MW7

Wind Waker's dungeons were much simpler. Skyward Sword had more streamlined dungeons. They were shorter and there were no branching paths or extra rooms. This might be where you are getting the impression that they are simpler.

This is how I feel as well. There were some optional rooms but relatively few compared to the rest of the series. The dungeons are noticeably shorter compared to Twilight Princess's and this difference is much more salient because Twilight Princess was the last console release before Skyward Sword. For instance if Wind Waker was the last console release then the shorter dungeons wouldn't have been so easy to notice. Think back to Twilight Princess's City in the Sky- if I compare my second run-throughs of the dungeon (makes more sense than the first since I'm talking about dungeon length here and so this takes out the possibility of me getting stuck) to my second runs of Skyward Sword dungeons, then I'm fairly certain that City in the Sky took me literally longer to complete than virtually any two dungeons from Skyward Sword combined. I think at least one exception would be Lanayru Mining Facility and the Fire Sanctuary combined- the rest of the dungeons I can do in well under an hour and in some cases under half an hour (the Sandship I've gotten down to a science-http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?27204-Fastest-Path-Through-the-Sandship). So length-wise the Skyward Sword dungeons are definitely shorter at least compared to Twilight Princess's (although City in the Sky is almost an outlier because of how huge it is but still Skyward Sword doesn't have a dungeon that even approaches it in length).

Difficulty wise I'd say the puzzle/dungeon solving of Skyward Sword is comparable and on par with the rest of the 3d games. The only 3d game I felt had dungeons that were clearly harder was Majora's Mask. Skyward Sword's dungeons also benefited from the tougher combat found in the game which was harder than Wind Waker's or Twilight Princess's (at least Wind Waker's- that game is easily the easiest game combat-wise IMO). As for bosses I felt they were definitely some of the harder ones in the series. Actually I'd go so far as to say they were the hardest of any of the 3d games. Ocarina of Time had a wide range of bosses that included some absolute jokes (the first 2) as well as some easy to moderately hard bosses. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess seemed similar in that every boss had a clear weakness but some were harder than others. Majora's Mask really didn't have anything too difficult (I'm expecting some challenge from someone on Gyorg- honestly I thought he was the easiest boss in MM) but was probably the hardest overall for before Skyward Sword came along. Skyward Sword's bosses seemed much harder to me than any of the 3d games. I really took some serious damage from the Imprisoned and Girahim's second fight. Also Scaldera almost killed me on hero mode which means I already had beaten the boss once and still had trouble. I don't think a Zelda boss in the 3d games has ever killed me outside of 3 heart runs, but Skyward Sword's bosses came the closest.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty easy for the most part once you get used to the motion controls because I remember the first fight against Ghirahim took me like ten tries because I was not using the Wii Motion Plus correctly.

I feel the dungeons are definitely shorter then normally in the series, but that is because the steps toward the dungeons are almost dungeons in themselves, the unique challenges preceding the shorter dungeons make for a satisfying challenge, I believe this was a wise choice and make for balanced gameplay, because the puzzles preceding the dungeons are completely unlike any other Zelda game before. It makes sense that the dungeons are not easier, but definitely shorter in length and smaller in size, because of the time-consuming challenges the regions deal to you. This is a breath of fresh air in the Zelda series and I hope to see more in the future from Zelda games, though I have heard they are planning a game similar to ALttP for the next game in the series. (though, who really knows, Nintendo changes their mind frequently, you can never truly believe their statements.) I am really surprised no one has really acknowledged this in this thread yet! it seems the obvious explanation for the (not simpler) but shorter and smaller dungeons. :)

Impa

Sheikahchu
This game did have a strange.. rushed feel about it. Almost like when you might have a long week, but the days are short; the game was long, but the dungeons were fast. And the bosses did seem easier to defeat, if you know what to do. When you don't Ghirahim for the first time is just, what? But other than that, there was something easier about the dungeons themselves that I felt from Skyward Sword.

I would agree that the game is easy compared to other Zelda games, though the final dungeon, Sky Keep, is the second hardest dungeon in the series for me, just because of the room switching thing. And although this game is easy, it is my favorite Zelda game as of now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom