• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Earliest Memory of Gaming

What was your earliest memory pertaining to video games? (e.g. the first game you played, first time you saw someone playing a game, first purchase, etc.)

My First Memory: I believe was in 1996, at the store with my Dad (and possibly my older sister), we were purchasing our first Nintendo 64. :)

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
If we're discounting going to an arcade then I'd have to say my earliest gaming memory is going over to a friends house and discovering Super Mario Bros. on NES. It wasn't long after that that I had my own copy although it was not an NES :(. One of those old school knockoffs.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
My earliest memory is being a 4 year old beating her (then) gamer mother at Tetris.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
My earliest gaming memory is in 1996, when my family bought Sega Genesis. I played many great Genesis games such as Land Stalker, Crusader of Centy, King Bounty, Flink, Fantastic Dizzy, and many more...

Din Akera

Sniper
I don't know that I could say what year it was, but I was young, pretty young, maybe four or five? My friend that lived next door had an older brother, and we snuck into his room and pulled out his Sega Genesis and played Sonic and Tails. That was my very first video game. I still love it to this day and have a copy. lol. Story ends with her brother coming home and kicking us out of his room. XD

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
My earliest memory of gaming is from when I was 5, maybe 7? It was during one summer when I spent nearly everyday at my babysitters house and her brothers had a sega genesis. I remember playing sonic the hedgehog 3 day in and day out just trying to beat it. I think I beat it maybe once. But ever since that summer I've always loved video games.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
My earliest videogame memory was when I was probably around age three, and I wanted to play Super Mario World with my brother so badly. He agreed, by giving me an unplugged SNES controller. I guess I was pretty happy at the time. :lol:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I remember playing Mario Kart on my cousin's Nintendo 64 console. My sister and I loved that game to death. I was overwhelmingly disappointed when I visited them this summer and found that they'd gotten rid of it. I would have loved to inherit it, haha.

Skunk

Floof
Playing demo games(Sonic and some sort of RPG that I don't remember) on my old PS.

octorok74

TETTAC
I can't remember year, but I was young. I was playing Star Wars Episode I podracers for the Nintendo 64. I still like that game.

My earliest memory of gaming would have to be Pokemon Leafgreen when I was about six. If only I could find it. . .

I can't remember year, but I was young. I was playing Star Wars Episode I podracers for the Nintendo 64. I still like that game.

I still really like that game as well, I think we still have a copy too. At one point we lost the first one, but later on bought another. In fact, look at what I just found:
P01-20-13_02-56.jpg
:clap:

Attachments

• P01-20-13_02-56.jpg
    P01-20-13_02-56.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom